Japan Crate Reviews

of reviewers recommend Japan Crate

Tell us how Japan Crate made you happy
Would you like to add photos or videos?
To purchase a subscription they require you to check a box saying you will auto-renew. If you fail to notice that, they will charge you without any reminder prior that they are auto-renewing. I got the email that they auto-renewed me and within minutes contacted them to ask for a refund and they refused and sent me screenshot of the checkbox that I was required to check to order the first time. This was before the charge had even settled and the next shipment won't go out for another month.
Crates are mediocre at best. I purchased a 6 month prepaid plan and was given NO indication WHATSOEVER that it was a recurring subscription. Six months go by, and I am charged another $214.50 US dollars. I contacted support, told them I literally cannot afford this because I have been unemployed over 6 months. They proceeded to give me the same answer everyone here gets. It's in the fine print. No refunds.

Website is a scam site. Stay away.
This is totally not worth even trying. The company is yet another "subscription" model that exists to trick you into stealing your hard earned money. I wanted to try this box for 3 months before my trip to Japan and was super underwhelmed by the selection they offer. I was shocked when I was auto-billed for another 3 months and immediately contacted them WITHIN 1 HOUR OF BEING BILLED to request an immediate cancellation of my auto-renewal. Some "zendesk" canned email was sent to me siting their auto-renew policy and check out and that I had no option. NO OPTION. As a paying customer who gives you money for goods. You basically give me the middle finger. I run several successful online businesses and would NEVER treat my customers like that. ESPECIALLY as a subscription box company. You have a hard sell, getting people to commit to giving you their money for blocks of time. So, you would think that customer service would be a priority but it is not. I would have been more likely to return as a customer after my return from Japan if they were more attentive to my request. But after the way they have treated me, there is no way they would be lucky enough to get my business again. I have filed a charge back claim with my bank to get my money back since your customer service "zendesk" set-up is a joke. You should be out of business.
Japan Crate is rated 4.63 based on 38 reviews