Mixbook Reviews

75% of reviewers recommend Mixbook

Tell us how Mixbook made you happy

"Can't be taken at their word "Each year I publish photo calendar, and last fall, Mixbook was recommended to me. I decided to check out the Mixbook system. It did not go well. When ordering more than 10 of anything Mixbook wants you fill out an online form to request a quote on a bulk order. What a hassle! I was pressed for time, so I chatted in to Mixbook to see what could be done. The agent said he could give me a promo code for 50% off, which would match the bulk rate. Great! Problem solved (though why you can’t automate a bulk order quote remains a mystery to me). Placing my order I discovered that the shipping charge on this order of 50 calendars was going to be $106.50! and then sales tax on top of that, so the total price was just shy of $800, roughly double what VistaPrint was going to charge. So I chatted in about the shipping. I got no sympathy and no help! If I shipped a box of 50 calendars from California to Nashville, it would cost less than $40 (the post office could do it for $10). I sent an email to Mixbook asking for assistance. The reply offered no explanation or justification for the crazy shipping charge. Instead, it referred me to the Volume discount team. The first agent's promise -- that this discount code would approximate the bulk deal -- turned out to be false. Meanwhile, I had filled out the bulk order quote request, giving my email address and my phone number, and checking PHONE as my preferred contact method. The website says “We will respond to your quote request using your preferred contact method.” And this contact will happen within 24 hours. Later that day, I got an EMAIL (not a phone call) with a quote. I replied, “Wasn’t I supposed to get a phone call?” There were some other issues we need to discuss (getting a proof, sales tax exemption). I tried contacting the chat support, and that went NOWHERE. NO UNDERSTANDING. No ability for the only people I can contact to provide any actual help. Also, NO AVAILABLE MANAGER OR SUPERVISOR. I explained to the rep that this large order and the potential for a good deal of future business was at stake. Didn’t matter. I explained that the Mixbook website asked me how I wanted to be contacted, and promised to abide by my preference. Didn’t matter. Then I got a SECOND EMAIL (not a phone call) from the bulk order guy, responding to my request for a call by SENDING ANOTHER EMAIL!!! Are you kidding? I replied: “I’m ready to receive the PROMISED PHONE CALL!! Finally, way past 24 hours later, I got a call from Jonathan Lee. No explanation or apology. No reason given for this strange policy of taking LONGER on a big order. No reason given for responding to my second request for a call with a second email!! After all this, I asked Jonathan to give me a sales pitch; why, after all this, should I want Mixbook to print my calendars? What’s special about Mixbook’s work? He had nothing. I REALLY DON’T UNDERSTAND WHY I WOULD HAVE TO FIGHT WITH MIXBOOK PEOPLE TO BUY STUFF FROM MIXBOOK. I’m ready to spend $500, and you can’t be bothered to make a phone call to close the deal? I don’t understand a company that provides customer service reps that can’t actually help. I don’t understand a company where that rep can see a situation that needs management intervention, but can’t do anything to get it. I don’t understand a company that doesn’t even TRY to do what they say they will do on their website. It seems DESIGNED to be frustrating to new customers. I gave up, except to send a hail Mary email about this whole experience to my best guess at the CEO's email address. Mixbook has lost my business, and here's why. Then I got a phone call from the CEO, to whom I told the whole awful story. He seemed genuinely concerned about all of this, and as a show of good faith, he gave me a really good deal on my calendars, which came out beautifully--the only reason this isn't a one-star review. Finally he promised to "fix root causes." So last month (eight months later), as I was gearing up the design of my 2020 calendar, I thought I should give Mixbook another look. Looking at the website, NOTHING had changed. So I sent Mr. Laffoon (the CEO) an email to ask if any changes were in the works. That was a month ago. NO RESPONSE. I guess he wasn't taking my feedback seriously after all. Meanwhile, I received two emails from different managers at Mixbook. These emails were invitations to get a phone call to discuss my experience with the company. I replied, gave them the information they asked for, including the best time to call. They didn't call me. This company acts like they're interested in listening to customers, but they can't be taken seriously.""
Are you Mixbook? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Excellently-produced orders and turnaround time always earlier than they predict. Friendly and helpful staff."
"They were really good. My prints turned out really good. There were some confusions on shipping because they didnt print the right address twice so that was stressful but the product was really good."
"they help me keep memories that will last forever"
Mixbook is rated 4.00 based on 4 reviews