Nimb Inc Reviews

4% of reviewers recommend Nimb Inc
"I'm very disappointed. My ring (third one that was shipped to me) is still defective. I'm sick of mailing them back and forth, and consider this ring unusable. It's poorly constructed and keeps breaking or not charging or the button is broken (as this third one I've been sent is). I wish I could get a refund, but am sad as I was excited about feeling safer having this on."
"Dear Nimb, Even though I love your product and your customer support is excellent, one of the little metal bits fell out of the bottom of my ring and now I can't charge it so I can't use it. Is this the right forum to address this? Thanks"
"A metal piece fell off the ring within the first month of wearing it. Also, the white color golor dirty fast. I’ve stopped using it since. Plus it is very bulky which makes it not the most comfortable to wear."
"I never wear it. It’s too bulky and obvious. When I did wear it everyone asked me what it was."
"I have ordered a Nimb ring during the kickstarter campaign. There was a considerable delay to have the item delivered, but everything was well communicated through emails and that was very efficient. When the ring arrived, it was working normal even though I was expecting a different type os service that would not oblige the download of the app for a notification (during the campaign it felt as if someone could receive a notification as sms, which would remove the need to download the app). After some time using the ring, it started to present some failures like bluetooth connecting not working, emergency button not operational and constant vibration that would only stop when the ring would be out of battery. I contacted the customer service and after some email exchanges, they offered to send a second ring without charge. The second ring arrived and during the first weeks of usage, everything went fine. Unfortunately, after some time, the second ring also presented failure and was not working normally. As a device that should give me support in an emergency case, I would expect this ring to be fully functional. I have some special medical conditions in which I have a short window to request for help. At the same time I am an aid worker and constantly in unsecured areas in the Middle East. I was expecting the ring to work as a personal security device. So I am quite disappointed that even though this is a good idea and the customer service works pretty well, the hardware doesn't seem to work properly and that is a big issue."
"It took so long after the Kickstarter began to completion that the Apple Watch did everything the Nimb would do by the time I got it... so I never even took it out of the box. It was just a waste of money."
"The ring was bulkier and felt cheaper than expected. Haven't used it as its impractical in size and slightly cumbersome."
"The ring fell apart when I took it out of the box. I never got to use it."
"I honestly can't get the ring to work. I keep having to reboot and update the firmware, and I've kind of given up. I've wasted so much time trying to get it to work. The app seems to work great though."
"I love the idea of Nimb, but the execution falls short as of right now. My ring has connectivity issues. The ring disconnects periodically. The distance for connectivity is very short. It will disengage only one room away, and sometimes will not reconnect automatically. I don’t want to give up on this project, because it has real promise, but right now, it is unreliable. Customer service is great. Things that could be better: Connectivity Distance from phone to ring increased Waterproof Adjustable is some way for a better fit"
"Everything about this was a disappointment. I waited for over a year after paying for the original Kickstarter. Nimb is very misleading as you have to pay for a separate ongoing service to have an emergency alert. Honestly, it's a very expensive but unattractive piece of jewelry that works less well than having location services enabled on your phone with your friends. I would never buy it again."
"Nimb customer service is good and respond quickly. However, the actual ring is garbage. I went through two rings in 2 months, the first one was returned due to a charging button falling out. The second because I bumped my hand on a table and the ring cracked. For the amount if money you pay, it is really not worth it."
"The ring was too tight on me throughout the day and it was pretty bulky. Also, I had joined during the kickstarter and there was nothing stating there would be a monthly fee for the ring to work. I was pretty upset when that information came up once I finally received the ring. I decided to just share my location info with friends/family on my iPhone and I can press the on button 5x and it'll send them all a notice."
"I purchased a NIMB ring for both myself and for my sister. Our town had a number of abductions in a very short period of time (including the Sherri Papini abduction), and my sister walked alone. In addition, I have safety concerns surrounding my ex-husband, so this looked like a great opportunity to increase safety for both myself and my sister. In the beginning, it worked for a couple of weeks and then all kinds of bugs occurred with the app. I followed the prompts, visited the FAQs, tried the recommended troubleshooting, as well as updated the app and MANY FAILED attempts at updating the firmware, but to no avail. Right now it sits on my desk useless. My sister has had the same experience with hers. Hers has been rendered useless as well. Great concept, however it does not work anymore despite all of the many attempts to follow recommended troubleshoots, and updates. Maybe in a few years they'll get the bugs worked out. For now, I recommend staying clear of the NIMB ring."
"Nimb inc itself is incredible. The ring itself ended up being too glitchy and I had to return it. The 1st ring cracked at the base and the 2nd wouldn't charge or connect."
"loved the concept and the look but overall didn't really work well, sync well and you have to build a network with other people who dont have it to really be effective. Still needs work."
"Nimb is a fantastic concept, but my first ring arrived damaged and my replacement deteriorated within two months of light use. Nimb handled my cases great. As an early backer of the project I was happy to find the team behind the ring is great, but the product didn't meet my expectations."
"The ring is beautifully designed and the concept is great. The button is in a good place and the ring generally works. The biggest flaw and the reason why I haven't worn it the last few months is that it connects and disconnects to my phone constantly, even if they are both on me. This seems to defeat the point if I needed to use it but it wasn't connected. It was very expensive for it not to work some of the time. The help service is also very pricey. Would there be a way to add a case-by-case service to it instead? I can't afford yet another subscription. I really want this to work...it's a great idea."
"It has NEVER worked. On days that it gets an ‘update’ it buzzes every minute and disconnects from my phone all the time. And I’m too busy to call customer support. I put it away thinking I’ll try it again later when I find time, and then it needs another update that takes all day to establish and then it still doesn’t work. I bought two on the Kickstarter campaign but I will NEVER give the second one to my husband if this first one is this buggy. He has less patience than than me and would toss it in the trash... which is where they both might end up anyways."
"It’s a pretty ring and the concept is great which is why I purchased this ...but I remember no monthly fee when I backed you from the very beginning. You don’t supply the police service and after 6 months it ends...My daughter has this ring in a drawer and doesn’t use it. She is at school and we thought it would be helpful. What a waste of time and money. It’s very confusing. So your welcome for the backing, hopefully this will get better. I think it’s a terrible idea to get help from another nimb member. You don’t know them and what good is it to call me? Those are precious minutes of down time since I am a state away. Plus after looking a your reviews who ever was responding to them was a total ASS. Not the way you do business."
Nimb Inc is rated 1.86 based on 28 reviews