Standout Books Reviews

of reviewers recommend Standout Books
Read Standout Books Reviews

About Standout Books:

Standout Books is an author services company serving independent authors and publishers across the world. All of our editorial, publishing and marketing services are designed to embrace and make the most of the tidal wave of technology currently sweeping over the publishing industry.

(855) 642-1063

hello@standoutbooks.com

Tell us how Standout Books made you happy
I highly recommend Standout Books. Frederick Johnson was assigned to write the blurb for Dog Inspired Lessons, my second book. I wanted the book blurb to not only capture the sweetness of Cooper and Max's relationship but how having them in my life has been an inspiration and a reminder to focus on the simple things: love, loyalty, forgiveness, kindness, and faith. Although he was open to feedback suggestions, I had none. He nailed it on the first draft. I was also impressed at the turnaround time and level of professionalism.
I am a first-time author and I really did not know what to expect. I was able to work with Rob Wood on a critque of my self-help book. He simply blew my mind away. His advice was more than helpful. You can easily see that he has a long-time experience in this profession. He is able to read between the lines and place himself in the shoes of the author and the reader. This skill allows him to see the book several different ways and provide you with the best possible outcome of the book. I feel that there is more value in the edit than the money I paid. Alex Hemus was also especially helpful in the process of my choosing the right service. He was very open and took the time to explain to me the details of their services. I do not regret choosing Standout Books. I am looking forward to working with them in the near future.
I needed a copyediting service for my first book project. The company I initially chose to help me self publish had a copyediting service which was really over priced and way outside my affordability. Standout Books provided an affordable and professional service that more than meet my needs. My editor was Paige Duke and she was absolutely brilliant, she made thousands of revisions, double checked all references (including bible references) and made other really good changes and suggestions. Paige delivered on time and really went the extra mile with the service she provided, I will definitely use Paige and Stand Out Books services in the future. Trust me as a fellow writer, Paige and the team are worth every penny.
Rob was very thorough and undoubtedly a tremendous asset to my book. His editing skills were impeccable, and his way of walking me through the process, answering questions along the way, and making me feel comfortable made it a smooth and easy process. He was great to work with and I know that my book has become far better because of the changes he suggested and the advice he provided. I reiterate that I am so pleased to have chosen to use Standout Books and highly recommend them to anyone who needs a competent editor for their manuscript. After all, it is amazing how much better my manuscript sounds after using their services.
I'm a first timer with publishing my own work this year (2016). Robert Wood copy edited two of my stories and I thought he was very friendly, patient, and professional. He polished my work and made suggestions that made sense; which I appreciated and heeded 99% percent of the time. I was a little nervous about working with editors for the first time, but Standout Books.com as a whole has made it a good experience and I will probably be using their services again in the future and recommend them to other writers as well.
Robert was super helpful, a manuscript edit is a unique service and he explained very well what he could do for me. I asked him to focus on the ordering of my story both linear and sensical and also tone did the tone fit the ordering, a tall complex task. He nailed it and then some! Providing edits, critiques and insights beyond what I asked for and even into where my book could go in the future, all with a very positive attitude.
Standout gets an A in my book. During the web development process, they understood the vision, provided great suggestions, responded to all the change requests as the site came together. I felt as though they were partners who cared about the outcome as much as I did. Standout does quality work and will work with you until you're happy with the final product. If you want a one stop shop for developing, marketing, or promoting your message - look no further than Standout Books!
I was thrilled to find that Standout Books are not only experts at book covers but that their service adheres to the same high standards. I found the process smooth, consistent, and effortless. I initially provided my thoughts for the cover, Standout Books gave me concepts to choose from, and then it was simply a case of finessing the concept. At every step of the process I felt confident that the artwork was being adapted exactly as I had asked for, plus their efficiency and speed was greatly appreciated. Love the final cover, loved the process, highly recommend.
Working with Standout Books was great. They were extremely thorough, and our final product was truly better off for it. In fact, I plan on using their editing services again in the future. For those of you debating whether or not to use their editing service, I'd recommend you give their editing services a try as they'll prove to be well worth your while.
I came to Standout Books.com in hopes that I'd come away with a cover that makes people say, "What's THAT book about?" Kind of a tall order, if you think about it. I was looking for iconic, professional, elegant, oh, and it has to give some idea of what the story is about. After working with Alex and co., including me being, uh, particular (to say the least), about the ears of the Lepus (a creature mutated and evolved from the hare), they nailed it. I'm beyond thrilled. The book isn't out until October 1, 2016, so I guess we'll see if it works. Excuse me while I go pray. Thanks!
I had an amazing story consultation with Robert Wood. He spent time before our Skype meeting pouring over my setting notes and story ideas, and we hashed out a robust plot skeleton for a whole trilogy. I made more progress in an hour and a half with Robert than I did in the past few years alone. I highly recommend these guys!
Having written one novel I was eager to move on to the next and didn't want to spend a couple weeks writing a blurb and marketing copy for my book. Blurb writer Robert Wood worked diligently to understand the essence of the story and its characters, accepted feedback and new ideas, and provided great comments regarding the reasoning behind the paragraphs he'd written. Within a short time we had a polished, highly professional final draft of the blurb, ready to describe my story to a global audience. Thanks!
In breaking ground on a new novel, I elected the Editorial Consultation service in an effort to receive professional, unbiased analysis regarding my story's foundation. I received this Ñ and so much more. With Robert Wood's guidance, I was able to dive deeper into character development. Additionally, Robert's feedback enabled me to assess the marketability of the novel. I came out of this session with a clear line-of-sight on where I need to take my story. I am confident the Editorial Consultation will save me countless hours spinning wheels and/or moving the story in a potentially lackluster direction.
I am so impressed with Alex's professional skill in writing the book blurb for Turning Points in Compassion. The original blurb had been written about 9 times by various people and none were satisfactory. Once in Alex's hands though, it became a wonderfully engaging and beautifully written description that I know will capture people's attention. Finding professional and ethical people to entrust our hard work to can be hard to find but I am delighted to have found Standout Books. I will be accessing their other services now that I have had a taste of what they can do.
How do I decide which book to buy? It's simple. The book blurb makes the decision for me. I ran across Standout Books while looking for someone to write the all-important book blurb for my first novel. Alex contacted me right away and assisted me on several projects, including the book blurb, in a timely manner. The work was just what I wanted and was cost-effective as well. And that is why I contacted Alex the moment I completed my second manuscript. He nails it every time. Thanks, Alex. I appreciate the expertise and timely service you and Standout Books provide.
Going in, I had no idea what Editorial Consultation meant, and feelings of doubt entered my mind before the session. After my one hour session, I found myself in awe. Not only did the wonderful editor rattle my brain to get to the good bits and pieces hidden at the back, he also brought life to them. My story started out as a jumble of words and ideas, and ended up a perfect layout for a novel. The feedback given was clear and honest. It was given with the intent to help me create something amazing. We focused on my inability to move past the midpoint, my lack of understanding of concept and theme, and so much more. No matter where you are in your story, I highly recommend you get an Editorial Consultation. They will tailor it to you, and your work. And I promise you'll come out the other side itching to write.
I approached Standout Books for a Manuscript Critique and Re-read report. Robert Wood was the editor assigned to me and he was outstanding. He analysed my work in record timing and created a detailed report that raised my manuscript to another level. I was so impressed I went back for a copyedit which was conducted by Paige Duke. She thoroughly scanned my work, ironing out all my grammatical, spelling and punctuation errors, again before the due date. Both editors treated my manuscript with respect and worked to my schedule. Great investment, highly professional service! I couldn't be happier! : )
I came across Standout Books when browsing the internet for professional blurb-writing services. I was a bit apprehensive to spend money on a blurb, but decided to go ahead Ñ and I'm so glad I did! Alexander was in constant communication with me throughout the service, and his turnaround time was around a week. When I wanted to tweak his first draft of the blurb, he did so in a timely manner and did not ignore my feedback. The revision was very much the tone of the book, which of course is essential for a blurb. I'm very happy with the service and would recommend this service to authors who need a blurb with an instant hook.
When I started on my self-publishing journey I was totally clueless! I had written a book and had no idea what to do next. After a few missteps (HUGE ONES) I came across Standout Books on the internet. I didn't initially use them for my first edit (HUGE mistake) but did hire them to help me set up my author platform. Fast forward two years and I have three very professionally edited books that are available everywhere I need them to be, a beautiful website, a very solid social media presence and complete confidence that with Standout Books by my side I'm only going to continue to be successful. I have worked with both Alex and Bronwyn very closely and I believe I have used almost all of their services (editing, social media management, website design). They are innovative and professional and truly enjoy helping indie authors be successful. After using two other editors, and not having good results, I can honestly say I wouldn't go anywhere else for editing. There is a true comfort that comes from having a relationship like that. Being an indie author isn't easy and it is priceless to work with a team committed to helping you put out the best product you can. I can't say enough good things, and believe me I can write a lot of words! If you are looking for a company to help take your author experience to the next level, you've come to the right place! I recommend Standout Books to everyone.
After completing my first novel, I began researching options for editing services. All indicators pointed towards the team at Standout Books. Their commitment to my novel totally exceeded my expectations. Services and reports were delivered on time and at a very competitive cost. More so, Standout Books offered extremely detailed suggestions to help me improve my craft and become a better writer. From beginning to end, I felt as if I was working with a writing coach, not just an editing service. If my novel has any success in the market, it's due to the professional consultation, coaching, and editing of Standout Books.
Standout Books is rated 5.00 based on 91 reviews