Standout Books Reviews

of reviewers recommend Standout Books
Read Standout Books Reviews

About Standout Books:

Standout Books is an author services company serving independent authors and publishers across the world. All of our editorial, publishing and marketing services are designed to embrace and make the most of the tidal wave of technology currently sweeping over the publishing industry.

(855) 642-1063

hello@standoutbooks.com

Tell us how Standout Books made you happy
I would highly recommend anyone wanting a critique of the novel they are writing. My experience was great. First, the critique itself was really helpful. Second, it didn't finish with just this: I was able to correspond with Fred with various queries. In addition I found both Fred and Alex friendly and welcoming.
I found my experience with Standout Books to be excellent. Response time was quick and everyone I had the pleasure of interacting with was the perfect combination of professional, willing, knowledgeable and friendly. Cheers to the team at Standout Books!
Standout is indeed the proper qualification for your services. The comprehensive edit exceeded my expectations and provided me with the professional perspective I needed to re-assess my own work and improve it. The editor Erin Servais did a fantastic job and her turnaround time was great.
Quick and easy to work with: an excellent piece of work.
I chose Standout Books based on the high rating they received from the Alliance of Independent Authors, the covers and websites they've designed, and their reasonable price schedule. I could not be happier with my choice! It was a pleasure to work with Alex, who seemed to truly care about my project. Whenever he sent an email, it was accompanied by detailed and clearly written explanations. I had many questions along the way, which Alex answered patiently and expediently. He helped me step by step through the process of typesetting, cover design, and web design--all beautifully executed! Standout Books does high quality work in a timely manner, and they work tirelessly to get it all done just right. Although I'm in the US and was a bit concerned about the time difference, it was not a problem at all. The book is now up on Amazon, and I have been receiving positive feedback on the cover, especially from artists. I love the website design. It's beautiful! It's professional looking, and it aptly portrays who I am as an author and the tone of my writing. I also had quite a few questions about web setup and management and social media that Alex addressed concisely and completely, with links for further information. He was amazingly patient and helpful. I can't imagine going through this process without Standout's expertise and good-natured help. They exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend them and will be contacting them when my next book is ready for production.
After wanting to write a novel for 20 years I finally made it happen, but then had to ask myself, "How to I bring this to market?" I had read that Stephen King once used to put his rejection letters onto a nail he had driven into his wall. Over time, so many were added that the nail pulled free of the wall...then he got a bigger nail. One admires his tenacity, but did I really want to waste my time trying to convince traditional publishers that my writing was of some value? Or did I just want to take control myself, be my own boss, and have complete control over everything? I decided that I did. It did not take me long to come across Standout Books. It was nice that Standout seemed to cover every aspect of what I needed: editing, cover design, web design, and proofing. In checking around I found that their prices were reasonable and comparable to elsewhere. So I dove in and have been really satisfied in every instance. The quality of the editing was top notch. I got a developmental edit by Kate, which was really helpful at identifying problematic areas, both in my story and writing. I then had final proofreading edit done by Kelsey to eliminate any grammatical errors and typos, to check for inconsistencies. Again, Kelsey's work was invaluable to me. And between her and Kate, my manuscript was much more improved and professional because of their competent hands. While the editing was going on, I began my cover design. They asked me for story plot details, which I gave because they give you a few cover concepts based on this, but I had specific ideas for my cover design so I gave them some examples of what I wanted and then waited. It wasn't long before I got a sample covers back. Their covers based on my story elements were quite good, but they really nailed my concept design that I had supplied and executed it better than I could have hoped. The designer gave me exactly what I wanted which looked really good, but then they did a spin on my concept that was even better. This new iteration was so good that I decided to keep it and use it for the hardcover and ebook cover (my original concept that they did so well, I kept for my softcover.) The only thing I did not have them do was the lettering, which I had done by a professional calligrapher (though the Standout Books designer did an amazing job of implementing it well.) Now that all these elements were progressing nicely, I submitted my final draft for formatting and requested that work be started on my website. In short order, both things were complete, with my book formatted which looked way cool, and my website was setup. Rita did a killer job at designing the site. I only gave her a few ideas and what she came up with really fit my design sensibilities and also worked well with the theme of the book. Overall my experience with Standout has been very positive and they helped me reach a goal I've been striving towards for a long time. Thank you for making The Witches' Hollow a reality! You guys are awesome!!!
Very professional. Thanks so much Alex
I can't say enough about the outstanding job my editor, Rebecca, did with my manuscript. Her work was thorough and comprehensive and pushed me like I'd never imagined someone could. I saw someone comment that her work is worth double - I agree 100%.
Alex and the whole Standout team have been absolutely amazing. They are world-class professionals and would certainly give Random House, Penguin or any major publishing house a run for their money. It’s been among the best experiences I’ve had from any services provider, in any business, ever.
I am delighted with the contributions editor Rebecca Langley has made to my manuscript. I so appreciate her being 100% invested in my characters' story. Every one of Rebecca's edits was perceptive and justified. With every track change, I may have moaned at the requirement for additional work on my end, but I laughed at how always spot on she was. Thank you, Rebecca, for being positive and funny as hell when making your suggestions and corrections. I can't wait for you edit my next novel.
My experience with Standout Books was excellent from the beginning to the end and I am very grateful for their efforts on my behalf. Every member of the staff caught the essence of what I was trying to convey in my book and led me step by step to produce a work I am very proud of. I felt as though they took a personal interest in my project and that meant a lot to me as we worked together in the editing and formatting and on to the details of getting the book to the printer and in circulation. My thanks to Alex and all the other staff members who I came to know and highly respect.
Standout Books, and Alex Hemus, in particular, were especially helpful to me after my initial publisher turned out to be bogus. Alex assisted me in re-publishing my book, as well as taking control of my domain and website. The entire process, which might have been a disaster, ended up being smooth and seamless. He was also able to do it in a very short time while offering me clear explanations and solid allyship. I have only good things to say about Standout Books, and next time I publish - I'll use them, without a doubt.
I was beyond impressed with the quality of work standout books provided. Not only were they committed to excellence and the vision I had for my book , the staff always went above and beyond. Thank you Stand Out books!
Standout Books is good at self publishing any type of genre. I have published my 2nd book with them. I love the service and the attention to detail. I will publish with them again.
Working with Standout Books provided me with the necessary steps to become a quality self published author. Bronwyn guided me to an amazing editor. Alex took great care creating a second book cover to coordinate with the first book in the series. Standout also redesigned my website to look professional. I now have the tools to move forward with my third novel. Of course Standout Books will be my first contact when it’s time for that last edit and publication.
Standout Books really does an unbelievably good job at breathing life into the indie author's vision. The level of service and the quality of work is absolutely stellar.
After looking at other companies to help me self-publish, I'm very glad I went with Standout. They were very professional and helpful; they did what they said they'd do at the price agreed upon. Alex was terrific to work with, answered all my questions and complied with all my requests. I'm very proud of the finished product and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to other authors.
If you're indie publishing, get Standout Books on your side. Alex Hemus will bring an expert team together to ensure your book is the very best it can be. Great cover - check. Great blurb - check. Great formatting - check (no matter how complicated it gets with the illustrations). Thank you.
As an indie author, I value greatly Standout Books, and their professional services. If you want to invest in your art, and polish the book to improve your chances for publishing success - I highly recommend Standout Books.
As a first time author, Standout books was a first class choice. Not only were they professional but the sensitivity and encouragement they gave me resulted in a life long dream being realised.
Standout Books is rated 5.00 based on 91 reviews