Taylors Estate Agents Reviews

of reviewers recommend Taylors Estate Agents

Tell us how Taylors Estate Agents made you happy
My son rented a property through Taylor's. The landlord decided to sell the property and my son had to leave. The property was left in good condition apart from a little painting that needed doing. They have kept his full deposit and don't reply to any emails. Stay well away!
We had a really great experience of Taylors in Torquay. We were moving area and had our offer accepted on a large house that had been a care home until recently, which we hoped to use as a therapy and group training centre and do Airbnb in between courses, while accommodating both an elderly mother and student daughter in a downstairs 'owner's flat'.

We were initially shown round by Glenn, the local branch manager, and on the five or six occasions we had to go down to the house again - to show round builders, the surveyor and have other meetings that had to be conducted at the property - he always attended himself, full of helpful suggestions and happy to give us local contacts.

Sadly, the purchase had to be aborted because of the onset of the Covid-19 crisis. We can't conceive an outcome in which people will be travelling or mingling freely even within several years, and so the business idea that seemed cast iron only a few weeks ago, and was going to finance the whole scheme, has had to be shelved.

When we contacted Taylors to explain this, Steph (who was in charge of the office while Glenn was on Annual Leave) couldn't have been more helpful and efficient. As soon as he was back, we also heard personally from Glenn. They were both very understanding of our decision.

We would not hesitate to deal with this firm in the future, and recommend them highly.
Taylor’s Torquay. The rudest staff I’ve ever come across. Very unhelpful. Avoid.
Taylor’s Torquay. The rudest staff I have ever come across. Awful service. Avoid.
Rented a house in Northampton for 2 years. Property was empty for a while and hence needed a through clean which I agreed to as had to move quickly from my previous property in Uxbridge. 2 years fast forward bought my own property and gave them a notice of 1 and half month as I was on a rolling monthly contract. Paid in advance for 15 days . Dropped the keys on 22nd Dec . They did the property inspection report on 23 and I after calling them for 1 week finally got the report of 45 pages which mentioned the property had not been pristine clean and rubbish left in bins and fireplace gate missing. Replied back to that email with the list of improvements I had done to the property - new shower hoses, filters, bath mats, door bell, patio and rear garden slabs jet washed and resealed, rubbish due for collection next day, carpet cleaned, curtains washed and hung although I used mine all the time. The fire place gate was a loose chunky piece of metal which was a safety hazard with my 4 year old daughter at home so had packed that and left it in garage.
So after the email everything sorted and landlady agreed to pay my full deposit. Now Taylor's lettings agent or ashby Lowry or countrywide, don't know which one as they all belong to the same Taylor's company could not find my final payment of 15 days and so cant release the deposit. Drama continues for 3 weeks and nearly a month I vacated the property they cant find my payment. I called my bank sent them the transaction details ,time of cleared funds , screen shot of the account into which I was told to pay .
Contacted my solicitor and he advised to give them 5 days notice and take legal action . Surprise Surprise they found my payment next day . Honestly in this day and age of computer banking money disappeared into thin air and then reappeared OR total incompetence and intentional harassment . Whatever the reason I am planning to take it further to the Housing Ombudsman.
Moral of the story stay away from such so called professionals .
I have been dealing with a memeber of staff at the Peterborough's branch. Have been speaking with them for a week and honestly shocked with how unethical pushy and dishonest they are. Will do or say anything to get their comission. Requested a valuation only, advised that my mother (who can't read or understand much English) was not asked to be sign anything. Said about the valuation and nothing to be requested to be signed repeatedly. Hey presto she was given and advised to signed an agreement. Complained and was told I had no choice but to market with them as she has signed. Took them 48 hours to send me the agreement she had signed which stated we had 14 days to cancel. I apparently have incurred a charge for floor plans even though I said I wanted to see the contract before anything was done. Honestly appalled by the whole experience. Taylors agents approach was unecessary and just downright unpleasant. Avoid this branch at all costs. Also you can report this kind of behaviour to the The Property Ombudsperson. This kind of behaviour or way of doing business should not be tolerated or accepted.
Taylors Estate Agents is rated 1.67 based on 6 reviews