The Car Buying Group Reviews

3.2
Based on 38 reviews
Own Driver, Courier

Tell us how The Car Buying Group made you happy
AVOID❗AVOID ❗ AVOID ❗ Tried selling my car with this company, their "customer service" representative Edward was so incredibly rude to me. Talked to me like I was a moron. I wouldn't sell them my car if they offered me a million!
If I could I would give them no stars.. do not use this company.. say there no bargaining on the day, that’s not true. Waste your time with all the paper work sending but don’t ask for photos of the car then distribute when they get there on the price.. the worst part of the company I didn’t even hear from the company about my car, I heard it off the of the driver which works from a different company that they didn’t want it.. it toke the company 40 mins and me ringing them to say what’s going on to say they don’t want it as I won’t drop on the agreeed price. Unprofessional company and Lieing sales man. Not true to the word. Plenty of other better company’s out there. Don’t waste your time on this Lieing conning company!!
❗AVOID if you don't want to be mugged off.❗DISHONEST, UNFAIR. They offered me way UNDER what my car was worth, some 2/3 LESS than the price they'd be able to get if they sold it on as a vehicle-trader! Yes my car isn't in tip-top condition, but it only needs some TLC to the rear bumper skin, and the steering wheel(no more than £300 worth of work). I thought I try them to save me hassle.fo selling privately, but they could easily fetch £3,200 in the condition its in as is, once work is done it'll fetch £3,700+! Absolutely mugging me off. AVOID, if you don't want to be ripped off. Offered me £1500.
Sold a car though these people in September they said they would take care of all the paperwork hassle free Only to find they didn’t do a transfer of of keeper so I ended up with a fine and I had tax on the car I went with these to sell my car because I’ve just lost my dad and my health problems because it was hassle free now I’m having to run around like a idiot don’t sell your car with these people because they won’t do anything to help you when it there fault
If I could I would give zero... what a joke of a company. I accepted the offer and had my car booked in for collection. On the day made myself available and no one contacted me or showed up. At 5pm I called the office and they said they would chase it up. Then got a voicemail at 6.30pm saying they would collect the following day. Again made myself available and again no contact and no one has showed up. I'm simply lost for words....I see all these positive reviews and its not my experience in the slightest... therefore begin to distrust they are even genuine reviews. Will not ever use again and will never recommend anyone use them in the future. Furious that they wasted my time.
Extremely helpful staff from start to completion of selling my car. Inspection of vehicle agent arrived on time, bank transfer was secure and fast. Everything went smoothly highly recommend The Car Buying Group.
Don’t touch this firm with a barge pole.They make out they are your ‘new best friend’ but they are not.To cut a long story short they lie. Be warned !
Friendly, professional and most importantly did exactly what they said , when they said and how the said they would do things .
A bit chaotic passing the information I gave them around. But in the end everything went smoothly. My instinct is that if you are honest about any problems your vehicle has and make sure they are all listed prior to collection they’ll honour their offer. Best to get everything you tell them emailed back to you as their systems for recording everything seem a little lax. The collection, the payment and their responsiveness when you email or call them is all perfect - or at leas, was for me
After the company calling us on several occasions we had a guaranteed quotation on our car. All information was honestly given by us about our car. They even increased their offer! collection day, a very polite gentleman arrived took lots of photos of the car. Then the old sales chestnut of a phone call lowering the price. Disgraceful tactics! Can not recommend this company.
Excellent service. Spoke to Mark (who was really helpful) on Wednesday and they came to collect the car today. Fair price and the driver was a nice chap.
I wouldn’t use these again. They try to make me out to be a lier. I got a price off then after I told then that it had a few small dents and that the windows don’t work. The delivery driver turn up and phone then told then what I said about the car. Has he was waiting for then to come back he fill all the paperwork out. They phone back with a lower price and try to tell me that I hadn’t told then about the windows. I felt push in to finish in to sell has the driver had come over 2 hours way to pick the car up.
James was very helpful, they did exactly what they said they would... We agreed a price after talking through the damage and they collected from my home and paid straight away. The driver was very polite and helpful... I had some issues with the DVLA and James helped me through it all. I would always use this company as they were very honest and helpful
Sold my car to the car buying group when I was buying another car from my local Audi dealer. I would recommend them to others as they gave me a price, collected the car 2 days after speaking to them and paid me before taking the car. Very quick and easy.
Awful! Sent pictures, got a quote of £2000 only to be knocked down to £1200 when they came to pick the car up because 'the market has changed'. After refusing, they offered slightly more but it was a complete waste of 2 hours while the 'driver' assessed the car. I should've trusted my gut and not bothered with a company like this!
I used this type of service as a convenient option for selling my car. My experience was the absolute opposite! It was awful. In my opinion any tactic is used to reduce the price they originally offer. Like other reviews about this company state, it all seems ok until the end. Then the dishonesty starts. I gave them details for my car which is 3 years old and was given a price. This was agreed and all seemed ok. A guy came to collect the car as arranged (he was transport only and actually very nice). After photos and phone calls by him I received a phone call from Craig my contact stating there was a problem so the price was reduced by £800! That problem was a joke! He claimed my mileage was wrong as I had stated the car had only done 2,200 when in fact it had done just over 22,000 (actually low for 3 years old). Who has a three year old car and only does 2,200 miles in that time! Clearly a typo I thought, but no, when I queried why he hadn't asked about this ridiculous low mileage he went on to say he had. Apparently my husband had confirmed it was accurate. This was totally and utterly untrue. Furthermore he inferred we had told a lie. At this point I told him I would never do business with this unprofessional and dishonest company or play his game. I had a lucky escape as I was not desperate or trapped needing to sell. Unfortunately others who use these services can be trapped. This company, in my opinion and experience, take full advantage and use unethical tactics to get their quote down. For me, as all my documents and car was in order they used this mileage ploy as a lever to drop the price. I cannot in any way recommend and would say avoid at all costs!
Seems there's a mix of genuine reviews and bogus company created ones, if you're in Northern Ireland don't bother they will take £2500 off to pick it up.
Lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies....... DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY..... I received an offer over the phone from Eddie who seemed 100% genuine. I accepted the offer on the grounds they seemed seemed so genuine, and I was told under no circumstances would they try and offer me less upon collection... This was a huge con after turning down a genuine face to face offer the day before from we buy any car, The car buying group come to collect the car the following day, after taking a million photos of inside and out repeatedly over and over again, they offered me £1000 less then the agreed amount... And basically called me a lier, I told Eddie there was a 1" crack on the bumber but they said I never told them this. Why would I not tell them, this company wasted my time and cost me £200 because of their lies, never use people and dont read into the fake positive reviews.
I had terrible experience with this company after telling them that the clutch had gone on my car ,they tried to say they knew nothing about it and basically called me a liar Why would I tell someone the car was working when they would find out when they picked it up that this wasn’t the case ?shocking customer service .I even had someone ring up 2 days later offering a higher price
Set themselves up as being so much more honest than other on line purchasers. Do not be fooled they have no more integrity !
The Car Buying Group is rated 3.16 based on 38 reviews