Virgin mobile. Reviews

20% of reviewers recommend Virgin mobile.
Telephone

How would you rate Virgin mobile. ?

"The mobile I was sent was not changing. I sent in for repair and I was told I do not qualify for a replacement and have to wait up to 2 weeks for the phone to be repaired and sent back to me. DPD attempted to deliver on a weekday when I am at work. The phone was then sent back to Virgin. When I called Virgin customer service they could not locate my phone. I was promised a number of times someone will call me back and n one did. Then a few weeks later they said hey need a month to investigate and they cannot send me a replacement. I asked to speak to management and they were not available and did not call me back when requested to. I eventually had to write to the CEO twice before they agreed to send me a phone I could use. I had to buy another phone and they refunded me the cost of this phone and 2 months monthly payment when i did not have a phone. The customer service is non-existent."
"Can't believe the conversations I have had with Virgin Mobile. Appalling customer service. Eventually had a call from the "chief executive" office (although I suspect it was probably from customer services) after I emailed the chief executive. Took out a sim only rolling contract with Virgin in 2014 at £15. Price increases means that now it is £25 - 67% increase over the period I have had the contract. Was openly told by the "chief executive office" representative that they no longer want me on my package as they no longer offer it as its not cost effetive for them - a case of forcing customers to change by increasing prices at an unacceptable level I suspect. When I asked why such high price increases I was told that my package includes free calls to 0800 numbers which cost Virgin as they are charged for the call (a facility I don't use). I was told that they did an alternative package which excluded free 0800 numbers. I said I'll change to that - how much is it?" only to be told it is the same price as my current package!!! Where is the incentive to change - ludicrous. I could take a lesser package which would cover my current usage but would need to enter a 12 month contract as they do not now offer rolling contracts - strange as after 12 months you automatically go onto a rolling contract. I asked if I could transfer but on a rolling contract as the this is what i have done for the last 5 years. But the computer says no!!! Even though they have admitted they would prefer me to cancel my current contact they can't even offer the incentive of the rolling contact rather than a 12 month contact. You might understand why I dont want to be tied in to Virgin on a contract. The reason they no longer offer rolling contracts - they can't plan!!! I was told if in 3/6 months half their customers cancelled thier contracts, the business would be in serious trouble. I said if half the people cancelled the business would be doing something seriously wrong. This is the type of statement coming from the 'chief executive office'. Incidentally, the chief executive is not customer facing and neither is the head of customer relations (I was told this on a separate call) oh the irony!!! Perhaps these 2 people should have a little more interaction with the life blood of their business - their customers. Then the business need not live in fear of 'half the customers cancelling' as they would have a better understanding of what their customers think of them as a business. I am awaiting a call from a manager but was told that there is no one in the entire business that can authorise a rolling contract to get me off my current deal (and benefit Virgin). NASA has just sent a rocket to the sun but Virgin can't even (or wont) offer a rolling contract as an incentive for me to move from my current package. Watch this space!!!! Service gets worse - lets see if common sense prevails and Vigin redeem themselves. Not holding my breath though."
"constant harassasment to upgrade our phone after the contract ended.told many times to stop ringing,but ignored.then tryin to cancel our phone pack[pay monthly] rude unhelpful bad all round. but we got there in the end.payback for cancelling virgin money credit card,lol.will not buy anything to do with virgin"
"Excellent Website, clear and straight to the point, easy to use."
"Wanting to return a mobile phone. It had to be returned within 14 days. They never sent returns jiffe bag and address. Had to make several phone calls everyone promised to send jiffa bag and 14 day period was over. Had to keep ringing . NOt good customer service."
Virgin mobile. is rated 2.00 based on 5 reviews

Get ready for our phone call!