Ancestry.com Reviews

67% of reviewers recommend Ancestry.com

How would you rate Ancestry.com ?

Yasmin Soloman
"I purchased a gift which was a DNA kit for my mother. I arrived within 24 hours in a small box which you have to do the sample and send it to Ireland. Estimated wait time was 6 weeks exact before the results arrived. They kept us informed through the prococess, the result then get emailed to you which you can check on the Ancestory.com email account. It gives you quite a lot of information for your money and well explained."
James
"Extremely user friendly website containing valuable information regarding family forbears."
"Bought a Pay per view today in desperation trying to find a family member,..... (DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS SHODDY OUTFIT!... & DON'T BUY ANY OTHER SUBSCRIPTION WITH THIS UNPROFESSIONAL LOT, THESE PEOPLE ARE CON MERCHANTS, THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY AS QUICK AS YOU LIKE AND THEN WHEN THINGS GO WRONG THEY WASH THEIR HANDS OF YOU, I AM ABSOLUTELY FURIOUS, PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS, THEIR AFTER SALES SERVICE IS NONEXISTENT!.)..... the first viewing worked ok and merely confirmed what I had, the next one I clicked on, nothing happened so I thought, oh well, I'd try again and accept the single wasted credit. Nothing happened again.... so I wrote an email explaining what had happened or hadn't I should say, and got a reply within the hour saying in their opening line that they were sorry etc. and they would help me with this issue. I was relieved to read this. The very next line in that email said they were unable to reimburse a, (i.e. one) credit and advised that I clear my cookie cache implying that the fault was with me and not with their clearly useless programme. My email clearly stated that I had lost 2 credits and not ONE so they obviously don't read emails thoroughly before responding to any complainant, they clearly treat us with contempt because we complain at their inadequacies instead of addressing the issue . Tomorrow I am contacting Trading Standards and shall continue to pursue this until I am reimbursed, trust me, I'll spend as much time as it takes. MY ADVICE IS STICK TO A SITE CALLED, "thegenealogist.co.uk" it's an excellent site and they are really helpful. Also, to build a family tree use, "My Heritage", Their FAMILY TREE BOOK is brilliant where you can see everyone in the tree, I have over 3000 people in mine and the book has photo's as well as many different headings, dates, places, biographies etc. etc. mine has about 700 pages.....much better than any chart where you can only see 100 or less people. My friend transferred his tree via a gedcom file from Ancestry to My Heritage because of this and he's glad he did. The reason, incidentally, that I tried a pay per view is that I am stuck on a particular relative. I looked again after the two lost credits and Ancestry.Ripoff.uk didn't have what I wanted anyway. I shall be posting again after speaking with Trading Standards tomorrow. Please stay tuned!... I WILL be letting you know on this site what Trading Standards has to say."
Ancestry.com is rated 3.67 based on 3 reviews