comparethemarket.com Reviews

of reviewers recommend comparethemarket.com
Telephone
Avg Email Response Time
-1 hours

Tell us how comparethemarket.com made you happy
I went on this website and bought car insurance. During the process I declared a previous accident.

I ticked ALL the boxes to OPT OUT OF ALL COMMUNICATIONS, from Comapre the Market and their associated business partners.

Since then, I've been PLAGUED with phone calls relating to my previous accident (which was years ago, and all sorted).

The callers are VERY insistent, and get quite rude whe I say I'm not interested.

DON'T USE COMPARE THE MARKET. NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY, THEY WILL PASS ON YOUR DETAILS AND PEOPLE WILL CONTACT YOU (AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN... AD INFINITUM...)

When I'm done with this review, I'm going to report them to the Information Commisioner. You should too if you get the same problem.

No doubt, I'll now get the standard cut and paste response from Compare the Market.

Too late. You broke the rules. Especially as I'm registered with the Telephone Preferences Scheme to opt out of these stupid, annoying calls.
Used compare the market for the last few years but this year was unimpressed. The best 2 quotes apparently couldn't be completed online and required me to ring the insurance company direct. When doing this I had to go through the automated process of entering my quote reference and date of birth online. I then got through to what sounded like an Indian call centre, and was asked for my name and date of birth again (for data protection purposes). The whole process seemed a bit dodgy to me so I told them to forget it and put the phone down I'll stick to my existing insurer for the sake of £50 thanks.
The website is completely rubbish only got companies that are joined with each other highly not recommended
After entering details on their website and transferring to pay 3 different insurance quotes, both prices were incorrect and more importantly the policy details were different, so what's the point of using? went direct to insurance sites for a direct quote which all were a higher quote, than quoted by comparethemarket.com, amazingly end up the same price when transferred via compare the market, a bit of trickery I think, most likely by unscrupulous insurance companies that need better regulation, buyer beware.
paid way over the top for my car insurance stupidly thought I was buying from Go compare
They gave me the product I requested.
comparethemarket.com is rated 4.49 based on 119 reviews