The Royal Mint Reviews

Based on 28 reviews
Read The Royal Mint Reviews

Tell us how The Royal Mint made you happy
The Royal Mint 1 star review on 15th April 2021
I tried to buy 3 £5 Jubilee coins for my granddaughters online through The Royal Mint. There was a website problem and the order wasn’t completed. Unfortunately I tried again and the same thing happened. Shortly after, I had 2 messages from my bank stating that £70 was coming out of my account! The next day I phoned Royal Mint about the problem and the best solution they had was to buy them over the phone again! They also said there was SUPPLY problems and the coins probably wouldn’t be available until maybe early July! I can’t believe this as this is The Royal Mint! Not some dodgy company! Needless to say I didn’t buy over the phone and I’m still waiting for the bank transactions to be sorted. Hopefully this will happen though if it isn’t, I don’t have any proof that I tried to purchase the coins in the first place. A very disappointing experience from The Royal Mint!
today i received my gold and silver coins of the myth an ledgens series. they are bullion coins, but to deliver such a bad scratched quality is the worst. these silver coins cost at least 4€ via spot. I can expect decent quality. the gold coin also has scratches on the value side. the proof coins are also damaged as can be seen with many youtubers. if the tudor beasts I ordered look like this, it will be the last time i buy royal mint products. make an effort for your loyal customers. there are plenty of other mints that are cheaper and better.
Goods not received, after 2 months also no refund, customer service reacts slowly or not at all, a great pity.
I have for days now tried to order the Platinum Jubilee 5 quid commemorative coin. When I finally get to the payment details, they kick back the order claiming that the billing address does not match the state code. I've done everything I could but with negative results. I live in the States and have ordered numerous items from the Dickens House, HRP, National Gallery and Foyles. It was so simple -- just give them my order, delivery info and credit card number. Done! But not with the Royal Mint. I've emailed them but have heard nothing yet. Any suggestions.
It has been a nightmare dealing with the Royal Mint. Don't trust them to export your purchases. They failed to supply the correct forms for customs. When I asked for help they ignored me long enough for the problem to become very serious. I wrote to the people in charge but got NO response. I can get no help from them whatsoever, My opinion, people like these are why the British are so disliked around the world. I'm not very proud to be British. I'm so glad I became American.
Set up a credit account which I still can't use unless I call up because they set it up on some account I'd never even heard of. Probably a good thing as the royal mint are well over priced
I ordered some Beatrix potter coins from the Royal Mint which started they were in stock on their website after waiting over a week for them to be delivered I phoned the Royal Mint to find out what had happened to my order as I was concerned they may have got lost in the post..to be told by the Royal Mint they are waiting for stock to arrive...so why did it state on their website they were in stock...very misleading....
I opened a signature account for gold and silver and held it for approx 12 months. I requested that the account was closed and the money be paid into my bank account. After 5 weeks no money was paid and my account at bthe royal mint showed zero. I contacted them and they said I would receive the amount in 2 days. 70% of the money was paid and I am still chasing them for the remainder. If I could give a zero rating I would. Avoid the signature account and find a company that is reputable and honest to deal with. Not impressed at all.
Worst service I’ve received from any company ever. Left my silver in a bin by my house in a marked box with a big picture of a silver coin on the front and the weight clearly marked. Amazon then came along and left parcels on top of it so mr amazon definitely saw it too. This sparked somewhat of a panicked breakdown in me resulting in multiple visits to therapists and ultimately me paying over £10000 for high security windows and doors to protect my property. The issue was raised with the royal mint at the time and after a month of me continually contacting them for some sort of response I was acknowledged with a demand for proof of my funds and the threat of them freezing my account until proof was provided. I provided proof and was then subjected to the silent treatment again until 6 months later when I made another complaint. This resulted in a generic letter from the division director with £500 (1/20th of the expense required to fortify my property after their error) compensation and the offer of more favourable rates from TRM in the future. I turned both down and requested my account be closed. It’s a shame I can’t post pictures on here because the sight of £20000 worth of silver coins left haphazardly in a bin really hammers it home. So yeah, avoid like the plague, their customer service is appalling and they clearly have no regret or regard for their mistakes and take no culpability for the substantial expense their mismanagement caused.
The Royal Mint 1 star review on 15th April 2021 The Royal Mint 1 star review on 15th April 2021 The Royal Mint 1 star review on 15th April 2021 The Royal Mint 1 star review on 15th April 2021
Absolutely useless just what I expect from anything owned by UK Government. Tried several times to upload my passport for verification. Phoned them and was told my account was active. Went online still says inactive. Tried to enter my driving licence details nothing happens. Tried to invest large sum in gold unable to pass compliance. If this was a private company would have failed long ago.
Terrible service, they accept your order, sent confirmation of order, take money from the bank and then cancelled the order, now I have a large amount of money pending for a refund. Terrible. Not the first time its happened. The worst part is they've offering the coin to other collectors. Seems like cherry picking to me.
Very bad company, they confirm order take your money and cancel your order, also the quality of coins coming from royal mint are terrible. Avoid disappointment and find a company appreciates customers
Pore service phoned 6 times gave payment detail only to be told next day had no record of me Had to cancel my card detail who was I speaking to ? Pore service would not take my payment on line to gave up wasted a lot of time for nothing
I have always been happy with the service I have received from them and would recommend them to anyone.
I am still waiting for my 1st world war coin. Paid the extra £14.00 plus pp. It is now nearly 3 months since my order. I have sent e-mails. Tried ringing. All I can get is an answering machine saying they are busy. (Always busy) asking me to leave my number and they will call back. They never call back. Stopped dealing with them some years ago for similar customer service problems. I thought they may have improved.. Wish I hadn't bothered. Will see what happens now. Hopefully someone in there complaints department will see this and try to deal with either there e-mails, or non returned calls,
errible service from the R.M. I recently placed an order, made the payment and waited for confirmation of the order, the website crashed as it usually does when a new coin is realised. I had no idea if the order was placed. Nothing was showing on my 'Open Order page' I went online to check my bank account to find out the monies had been taken. I tried to call only to find out they couldn't inform me if the order was placed. I was emailed after 3 days telling me my order was unsuccessful but still have not had my money back!!! and there's many customers in the same situation due to the dire website A colleague ordered the same set 5 minutes after me and hers was delivered today and I don't get one how does that work????
Excellent products. Excellent service
Informative and well presented web site which was easy to navigate around.Ordering ad payments process was simple to follow.Delivery was prompt and efficient.Products and accompanying literature are of exceptional quality. Service second to none.
Went on the tour around the Royal Mint which was really interesting. It started off with a short film then a tour round the production area. They showed you the how coins are made and talked about other countries which they produce coins and blank coins for, the history of coins and the process from start to finish. At the end of the tour you can stamp your own £2 coin which comes in a little presentation pack. After this there are some great interactive areas to check out followed by the gift shop. If you have a spare £2500 you can get a lovely set of gold sovereigns or for a mear £2025 you can get s commemorative solid silver coin which weighs 1 kg. The Royal Mint is well worth a visit but book online as they only do timed tours and at peak season you may miss out if you just turn up, also it’s a bit cheaper booking on line (I think) If your considering turning up and helping yourself to freshly minted coins..... put it out of your mind as even though there is in-excess of £90million pounds onsite, unfortunately it’s locked away safe and sound ???? No photos can be taken while around the production area so just be mindful of this.
I purchased the platinum wedding anniversary Photographic collection I received the first free coin I’ve got another free coins after this paid for them and have still been waiting for the rest of the collection and it’s been at least three or four months now but I haven’t had anything else sent I keep getting emails for new coins Collections but they still have not sent the original set I have emailed them numerous of times and no one has got back to me I feel very frustrated with this company
The Royal Mint is rated 2.36 based on 28 reviews