AA Warranty Reviews

of reviewers recommend AA Warranty

Tell us how AA Warranty made you happy
Took out a comprehensive 2yr AA warranty on my son's car when we bought it from Evans Halshaw (about 14mths ago), paid over £450 for the privilege and supposed peace of mind. Car recently developed an intermittent fault where it won't turn over/start. The AA advised us to take it to a local garage for diagnostics. The garage diagnosed within a few days, that was 2 weeks ago. we are still waiting for AA to authorise the work. They have ignored emails, not answering phones, essentially doing everything they can to ignore the claim, presumably hoping we will eventually give up and just authorise ourselves. Total joke. Stay well clear.
In keeping with a lot of the comments here this is should be avoided at all costs Their ‘wear and tear’ exclusion policy is so extensive it is very difficult to see how they will pay for any mechanical failure on cars older than 5 yrs. my recently purchased 5yo BMW developed synchronous (!) faults in the turbo, flywheel and a clutch bearing after just a few months and somehow none of it was covered. They make you go to one of their providers, and then refuse to pay for any of it after 2 weeks of diagnostics. I commute 80 miles a day to get to work, and struggled for three weeks. Total cost of repair was £1800. Insult to injury is that the telephone number they provide costs about £10 per call, and they never update you, so naturally you call in every day to find out what’s happening. Nice £90 phone bill just now. It is badged as AA warranty but it has nothing to do with AA; I purchased this for piece of mind as I was entering a 4 year HP. The whole thing is a con from start to finish. Don’t be missold this terrible product!!! There are better cheaper ones that actually cover you as you expect. First time I’ve done one of these reviews, such is the frustration and disappointment
First they want u to go the garages they suggest u if u go to any other garages they don,t pay u.2nd if they find amount is higher to pay then they find the reason not to pay u.one all my friends don,t waste money taking AA Warranty.
I don’t think they even deserve a star. Don’t waste your money on this warranty underwritten by motorway direct plc . I’m not sure how they get away with this day light robbery . They do everything they can to avoid paying out . My situation with timiming chain on a BMW X5 was luckily and unlucky as I’m still having to pay over £1000 to reapir . This was caught early on and I was advised by several garages including BMW the time chain needed replacing. I rang up motorway direct and intially they wanted me to take it for another dygnosis even though I provided one from BMW . Anyways long story cut short because the car has not failed / broken down they said it will not be covered. In other words they wanted the chain to snap before they will do anything about it. Had the chain snapped this would have cost 10 x more to repair. they are refusing to pay now just imagine what they would have said if it had snapped . They would be looking for another loop hole to getting out paying . Bottom line is , do not buy this warranty . I will be taking this to the Financial ombudsman and encourage others to do the same . It’s no coincidence there are more negative reviews than positive. if they are deemed to be ripping off customers then FCA will investigate them too . Which could result in the company making changes in the way they handle claims and actually pay up and not look for loopholes .
AA Warranty is rated 1.00 based on 4 reviews