African Overland Tours Reviews

of reviewers recommend African Overland Tours
Read African Overland Tours Reviews

About African Overland Tours:

We believe travelling the road in Africa changes you, Forever!
We want others to experience this.

Our team of passionate planners (ex guides and travellers) help you find the perfect trip for your adventure. The tours will leave you with unforgettable experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime.

We offer over 300 Budget Safari types, from Accommodated Tours, Camping Safaris, Small Group Safaris , Budget Tented and Lodge Safaris and longer African Overland Tours at the most competitive pricing with unbiased, honest help all backed up with financial protection guarantee.

Our local knowledge and experience is invaluable as we have travelled and guided extensively on the routes in Africa (not many people can say that).

+27214480997

Tell us how African Overland Tours made you happy
Would you like to add photos or videos?
African Overland Tours 5 star review on 12th December 2019
african_overland_tours
African Overland Tours 4 star review on 6th April 2020
Sharen Wilbur
It couldn't be better!
African Overland Tours always responds to me quickly and kindly.
If it is an opportunity, I want to recommend African Overland Tours to my friends who have willing to travel to Africa.
Thanks so much for your wonderful review. We do try hard. I'm so pleased you had an amazing time on your Cape Town To Vic Falls tour!
The trip was excellent and well planned. Booking the trip was easy and had a great time while there. All of the highlights of the trip were amazing.
Hi Ryan, Thanks so much for your review. We deeply appreciate it! I'm so pleased you enjoyed seeing the Gorillas in Uganda! Come back soon :)
Excellent service. The information is complete and the person who helped me in my booking process (Nicky) was truly helpful, kind and quick to answer the many questions that become appearing meanwhile.

The webpage is nice and you can find anything you need. I will strongly recommend African Overland Tours to any friend of mine that would like to live an adventure in Africa.
Hi Santiago, Thank you so much for the amazing review ! We are so pleased you found Nicky incredibly kind and useful!
Great customer service!! I would definitely recommend African Overland Tours
Thanks so much Trista! I'm so pleased you loved Huntley's service. We deeply appreciated it.
Just perfect! Thank you!
Absolute pleasure! Hope you enjoyed seeing the Gorillas in Uganda! Thanks so much for your feedback.
The tour I had booked at African Overland Tours exceeded my expectations - it was great fun with many great experiences. Before, during and after the booking I felt so well informed, consulted and supported by Huntley Cronje (Thanks to you again!) who answered all my (countless) questions with his outstanding friendlyness. Booking, payment, the journey... everything went very smoothly without troubles or anything. You helped me to enjoy a perfect adventure!
Wow, thanks so much Pia! Deeply appreciated the review. I'm so pleased you had a great experience with us and an amazing time through the Delta to Vic Falls. Thanks for the amazing review! Kindest regards Andrew
Hi African Overland Tours

GREAT service and quick responses :)
Our three trips were absolutely amazing! The best parts of the tours, in my view, were the safaris in Etosha, Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater, Our guides, Mama g, Nyika, the two drivers of Nomads were super dedicated, looking after all the members of the two groups(from Cape Town yo Kenya). It was clear how much effort they put into ensuring the group would have an unforgettable experience. We saw the big five and many animals. Furthermore, the private tour at Kenya was fortunate enough to see the migration at Masa River. Driver Simon was always helpful to advise and introduce the wildlife there. I would recommend the trip I did to anyone if wish to Africa!
African Overland Tours 4 star review on 8th September 2018
Hi Paul
Thanks so much for the awesome feedback :) We are so very pleased to hear your African Overland Adventure was a success and an unforgettable one :)
The trip 14 days...South África...Zimbabwe and Botsuana was amazing!
Greats places, hotels/lodges nice and clean, breakfast ok!
Highlights:game drivers/ walkings, Vic Falls, flying over the Okavango Delta,sleep in a tent!
Our driver/guide Simon was the best!!Professional, gentle and with great kwownledge!
I stong recommend this awesome trip!
Hi Sandra :) Thanks a million for providing us with your feedback, we are so glad we could be apart of arranging this AWESOME trip for you :)
My brother had a great time
The guide was most informative
Highly recommend
Grest trip, from Ruanda to South Africa in two months. The highlights were the gorilla trekking, the Masai’s Game Reserve, the Serengueti, Namibia’s dunes and Paarl’s wine tasting, as the perfect way to end a very long journey.

I recommed this tour; it’s very well organized and the staff is very helpful at all times.

I suggest to improve the quality and quantity of food as an overall; and avoid using the services of Sky Hotel in Kampala (unhealthy and bad in general).

Thank you very much for such a great experience!
An African overland tour is a must! There is so much to see and experience. Wildlife sightings were a regular thing not just on game drives, absolutely spectacular! I would love to doit all over again!!
tents were redundant. zippers on most tents were extremely difficult to deal with and tents were difficult to roll up in the mornings. It was unpleasant as we had to deal with this almost everyday. Rimson and Gift were great guides and I had many info from them.
Nicky was extremely helpful finding a tour that fit my schedule.
The operator was Sunway.
Zandre and Collin were knowledgeable, friendly, very helpful & good cooks.
I had a lot of fun and hopefully was decent company for 3 weeks.

Suggestions: 1) Put sun shades in the red elephant -
since there were only 4 of us, we could move around away from the sun.
2) Buy Zandre: 1 or 2 decent (ceramic blade) vegetable peelers,
a third dish basin (dirty, wash,& rinse)
& a French Press for brewed coffee (I finally bought my own)
Great crew led by our tour leader, Will. Martin the chef cooked the best food for camping; better than most restaurants and France the driver always got us quickly to our next destination. The best crew when compared to past overland crews - I did several legs in East Africa 3 years ago. Kruger, Delta and Chobe were highlights.
Amazing trip.
Hello!
How nice to hear from you.
We had an incredible trip. An experience of a lifetime.
I really enjoyed hiking in the Namibian Desert and any opportunity to talk to ordinary people.
After our time in the interior, Cape Town was an assault on the senses. I wasn't impressed with the V&A. But, our time with Clive was excellent. He was courteous, professional, and took the time to understand our needs.
I took many pictures, of course. Not so many of animals. Not my thing. If you are interested, a few are on my website: DONALDRYMESPHOTOGRAPHY.COM
It has been years since we travelled with young children, but what a great way to expose them to a world of possibilities and teach them how lucky we are. This summer, we have rented a chateau in Dinan, Brittany. Our sons and their families will join us there for a month.
Life is good. No - scratch that - Great!
Thanks for reaching out.
Regards,
Don and Lori
Tammy was so helpful and very good to work with!
Looking for Desert Safari Tour? Dream Night Tours offer Best Desert Safari Tour Packages and Deals for International Tourist, which includes Belly Dance, Camel Ride, Dune Buggy Ride, Sand Board Ride and Much More. Book your Tour Now!
Pretty good overall, but time zone changes mean once a day correspondence which slowed the process a bit. Very helpful staff other wise
African Overland Tours is rated 4.79 based on 214 reviews