African Overland Tours Reviews

97% of reviewers recommend African Overland Tours

About African Overland Tours: We believe travelling the road in Africa changes you, Forever!
We want others to experience this.

Our team of passionate planners (ex guides and travellers) help you find the perfect trip for your adventure. The tours will leave you with unforgettable experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime.

We offer over 300 Budget Safari types, from Accommodated Tours, Camping Safaris, Small Group Safaris , Budget Tented and Lodge Safaris and longer African Overland Tours at the most competitive pricing with unbiased, honest help all backed up with financial protection guarantee.

Our local knowledge and experience is invaluable as we have travelled and guided extensively on the routes in Africa (not many people can say that).

+27214480997

Tell us how African Overland Tours made you happy

"fantastic tour with fantastic guide driver cook christopher.we saw soo much.i will remember this trip till the end of my days with stories to tell my grandchildren. go .do it.impossible by selfdrive to do and see same."
Hi Myriam, Thank you so much.

You gave me goosebumps. I'm so pleased you had a brilliant time on the 24 Day Cape To Vic Falls and Johannesburg tour. I will pass on your comment to Christopher!

May Africa forever be in your heart :)

Kindest Regards

Andrew (Founder of AOT)
"Nicky, from AOT, was extremely helpful in planning our mother / daughter African holiday. We were combining several tours within a tight time frame and Nicky was genuinely interested in listening to our ideas and preferences. Her friendly enthusiasm, local knowledge and tour-guiding experience were invaluable! Most local (Australian) travel agents had never been to Africa, so could only give us a brochure from their limited tour providers. Nicky answered our many questions, explored various tour combinations, negotiated discounts and covered every detail of our trip, including private transfers and visa information! Would definitely recommend AOT."
Hi Georgina, Words can't express how deeply appreciative we are for your kind words. I'm over the moon from what you have written. Every day we try our hardest to help travellers and Nicky feels so passionate about planning the best experience for her travellers.

Thanks so much

Andrew (Founder of AOT)
"Love Elroy! He's so upbeat, responsive, and helpful!"
Awesome, thanks so much Leah. That means so much!

Andrew
Founder at AOT
"All my questions were always answered very promptly and informatively. The tour package is very detailed and organized. I can't wait to go on my African Adventure!"
Awesome Monique, Thanks so much for the wonderful comments. I'm so pleased you Chemone could help!

Andrew (founder of AOT)
"Huntley made the process of selecting and booking my tours incredibly easy! Thanks!"
"Nicky is absolutely fantastic, very professional, warm and friendly. She has calmed all my fears of overland travel answering all my repeated, silly questions reassuringly. I rate her very highly. I hope the tour next year goes just as well."
Wow, thanks so much for such kind words. We deeply appreciate it!

Andrew (Founder of AOT)
"The service up to our booking was very friendly and helpful. But my email afterwards wasn`t answered."
Thanks for much for the feedback. I deeply appreciated it. I would be more than happy to find out why the email wasn't responded too. Naturally, we want to help :)

Andrew (Founder of AOT)

PS Please feel free to email me at andrew(at)AfricanOverlandTours.com as your email wasn't provided by Reviews.io.
"I have found Chemone extremely helpful, very quick to respond to queries and I am really looking forward to my tour."
Fantastic! Thanks so much Janice for the wonderful feedback. You are going to have an amazing time in East Africa on the Migration Safari.

Kindest Regards

Andrew (Founder of AOT)
"Nicky has been extremely helpful, patient, and kind throughout the whole process. This will be my first international trip ever, so naturally I had a lot of questions. She answered them all and has made me feel secure and excited about my upcoming adventure with Nomad Tours. I highly recommend using AOT when planning your trip."
Thank you very much Emma for the review. We deeply appreciate it. You are going to have a great time, and remember we have a 24hr emergency line if you ever need assistance :)

Andrew (Founder of AOT)
"Very helpful and knowledgeable. Quick to respond to emails and always went the extra distance to answer questions."
Thanks so much Reeves for your comments. Huntley loves going into detail with travellers :)

Andrew (Founder at AOT)
"Chemone is VERY professional!!! Wonderful dealing with her!"
Thanks so much Barry! Chemone said it is wonderful working with you too! You guys are going to have a great time on the Nairobi to Cape Town trip. June is an amazing time to do it.

Andrew (Founder at AOT)
"Chemone was very pleasant and helpful in our exchanges. Quick responses and very pleased with my booking."
Thanks so much Nadia :) Deeply appreciate that. Chemone is obsessed with helping fast! Enjoy Mozambique and Kruger :)

Andrew (Founder at AOT)
"Huntley worked hard at finding the right tour for me, based on time available and 'must do's.' Heade sure to answer my endless questions promptly and I was *very* satisfied with the end result of the trip!"
Awesome Kathryn, Thanks so much for the kind words! I'm so pleased the 3 of you had an epic trip in Botswana and Zimbabwe! We would love to see pics :)
"My experience with African overland tours has been amazing. Huntley has been extremely helpful in answering any questions Iv had and made the booking experience extremely easy, I cannot thank him enough. I highly recommend African overland tours to my friends."
Hi John, Thanks so much for the kind words, we deeply appreciate it and so does Huntley!
"It couldn't be better! African Overland Tours always responds to me quickly and kindly. If it is an opportunity, I want to recommend African Overland Tours to my friends who have willing to travel to Africa."
Thanks so much for your wonderful review. We do try hard. I'm so pleased you had an amazing time on your Cape Town To Vic Falls tour!
"The trip was excellent and well planned. Booking the trip was easy and had a great time while there. All of the highlights of the trip were amazing."
Hi Ryan, Thanks so much for your review. We deeply appreciate it! I'm so pleased you enjoyed seeing the Gorillas in Uganda! Come back soon :)
"Excellent service. The information is complete and the person who helped me in my booking process (Nicky) was truly helpful, kind and quick to answer the many questions that become appearing meanwhile. The webpage is nice and you can find anything you need. I will strongly recommend African Overland Tours to any friend of mine that would like to live an adventure in Africa."
Hi Santiago, Thank you so much for the amazing review ! We are so pleased you found Nicky incredibly kind and useful!
"Great customer service!! I would definitely recommend African Overland Tours"
Thanks so much Trista! I'm so pleased you loved Huntley's service. We deeply appreciated it.
"Just perfect! Thank you!"
Absolute pleasure! Hope you enjoyed seeing the Gorillas in Uganda! Thanks so much for your feedback.
"The tour I had booked at African Overland Tours exceeded my expectations - it was great fun with many great experiences. Before, during and after the booking I felt so well informed, consulted and supported by Huntley Cronje (Thanks to you again!) who answered all my (countless) questions with his outstanding friendlyness. Booking, payment, the journey... everything went very smoothly without troubles or anything. You helped me to enjoy a perfect adventure!"
Wow, thanks so much Pia! Deeply appreciated the review. I'm so pleased you had a great experience with us and an amazing time through the Delta to Vic Falls. Thanks for the amazing review! Kindest regards Andrew
African Overland Tours is rated 4.79 based on 148 reviews