African Overland Tours Reviews

96% of reviewers recommend African Overland Tours

About African Overland Tours: We believe travelling the road in Africa changes you, Forever!
We want others to experience this.

Our team of passionate planners (ex guides and travellers) help you find the perfect trip for your adventure. The tours will leave you with unforgettable experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime.

We offer over 300 Budget Safari types, from Accommodated Tours, Camping Safaris, Small Group Safaris , Budget Tented and Lodge Safaris and longer African Overland Tours at the most competitive pricing with unbiased, honest help all backed up with financial protection guarantee.

Our local knowledge and experience is invaluable as we have travelled and guided extensively on the routes in Africa (not many people can say that).

+27214480997

How would you rate African Overland Tours ?

"Our three trips were absolutely amazing! The best parts of the tours, in my view, were the safaris in Etosha, Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater, Our guides, Mama g, Nyika, the two drivers of Nomads were super dedicated, looking after all the members of the two groups(from Cape Town yo Kenya). It was clear how much effort they put into ensuring the group would have an unforgettable experience. We saw the big five and many animals. Furthermore, the private tour at Kenya was fortunate enough to see the migration at Masa River. Driver Simon was always helpful to advise and introduce the wildlife there. I would recommend the trip I did to anyone if wish to Africa!"
Hi Paul
Thanks so much for the awesome feedback :) We are so very pleased to hear your African Overland Adventure was a success and an unforgettable one :)
"The trip 14 days...South África...Zimbabwe and Botsuana was amazing! Greats places, hotels/lodges nice and clean, breakfast ok! Highlights:game drivers/ walkings, Vic Falls, flying over the Okavango Delta,sleep in a tent! Our driver/guide Simon was the best!!Professional, gentle and with great kwownledge! I stong recommend this awesome trip!"
Hi Sandra :) Thanks a million for providing us with your feedback, we are so glad we could be apart of arranging this AWESOME trip for you :)
"My brother had a great time The guide was most informative Highly recommend"
"Grest trip, from Ruanda to South Africa in two months. The highlights were the gorilla trekking, the Masai’s Game Reserve, the Serengueti, Namibia’s dunes and Paarl’s wine tasting, as the perfect way to end a very long journey. I recommed this tour; it’s very well organized and the staff is very helpful at all times. I suggest to improve the quality and quantity of food as an overall; and avoid using the services of Sky Hotel in Kampala (unhealthy and bad in general). Thank you very much for such a great experience!"
"An African overland tour is a must! There is so much to see and experience. Wildlife sightings were a regular thing not just on game drives, absolutely spectacular! I would love to doit all over again!!"
"tents were redundant. zippers on most tents were extremely difficult to deal with and tents were difficult to roll up in the mornings. It was unpleasant as we had to deal with this almost everyday. Rimson and Gift were great guides and I had many info from them."
"Nicky was extremely helpful finding a tour that fit my schedule. The operator was Sunway. Zandre and Collin were knowledgeable, friendly, very helpful & good cooks. I had a lot of fun and hopefully was decent company for 3 weeks. Suggestions: 1) Put sun shades in the red elephant - since there were only 4 of us, we could move around away from the sun. 2) Buy Zandre: 1 or 2 decent (ceramic blade) vegetable peelers, a third dish basin (dirty, wash,& rinse) & a French Press for brewed coffee (I finally bought my own)"
"Great crew led by our tour leader, Will. Martin the chef cooked the best food for camping; better than most restaurants and France the driver always got us quickly to our next destination. The best crew when compared to past overland crews - I did several legs in East Africa 3 years ago. Kruger, Delta and Chobe were highlights. Amazing trip."
"Our"
"Hello! How nice to hear from you. We had an incredible trip. An experience of a lifetime. I really enjoyed hiking in the Namibian Desert and any opportunity to talk to ordinary people. After our time in the interior, Cape Town was an assault on the senses. I wasn't impressed with the V&A. But, our time with Clive was excellent. He was courteous, professional, and took the time to understand our needs. I took many pictures, of course. Not so many of animals. Not my thing. If you are interested, a few are on my website: DONALDRYMESPHOTOGRAPHY.COM It has been years since we travelled with young children, but what a great way to expose them to a world of possibilities and teach them how lucky we are. This summer, we have rented a chateau in Dinan, Brittany. Our sons and their families will join us there for a month. Life is good. No - scratch that - Great! Thanks for reaching out. Regards, Don and Lori"
"Tammy was so helpful and very good to work with!"
"Looking for Desert Safari Tour? Dream Night Tours offer Best Desert Safari Tour Packages and Deals for International Tourist, which includes Belly Dance, Camel Ride, Dune Buggy Ride, Sand Board Ride and Much More. Book your Tour Now! https://www.dreamnighttours.ae"
"Huntley Cronje is a perfect sales representative who from day 1 convinced me to book a tour to your great country. Even when Exchange 4 free inform him that deposit was received he sent me an email immediately that everything was ok! That is a good service that we as a group really appreciated."
"Pretty good overall, but time zone changes mean once a day correspondence which slowed the process a bit. Very helpful staff other wise"
"Nicky has been absolutely fabulous. Thanks Janice"
"The answers were helpful and very accurate"
"Great experience booking by trip with Tammy. Great info and answered every question I had! So excited to go on my trip. Thanks again!"
"Thanks to Tammy and Rafeeqah who helped me every step of the way to choose a trip. They are in Cape Town and I am in Adelaide South Australia, but my answers came quickly and with lots of information. A very patient pair. I am looking forward to visiting them in person when in Cape Town!"
"Very helpful expeditious assistance"
"We were planning our tour a while back and considered tour options to suit our budget and after talking to Chemone over a short period of time, the booking was very straight forward"
African Overland Tours is rated 4.76 based on 127 reviews