African Overland Tours Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend African Overland Tours

About African Overland Tours: We believe travelling the road in Africa changes you, Forever!
We want others to experience this.

Our team of passionate planners (ex guides and travellers) help you find the perfect trip for your adventure. The tours will leave you with unforgettable experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime.

We offer over 300 Budget Safari types, from Accommodated Tours, Camping Safaris, Small Group Safaris , Budget Tented and Lodge Safaris and longer African Overland Tours at the most competitive pricing with unbiased, honest help all backed up with financial protection guarantee.

Our local knowledge and experience is invaluable as we have travelled and guided extensively on the routes in Africa (not many people can say that).

+27214480997

Tell us how African Overland Tours made you happy

"We had a GREAT adventure via African Overland tours! The information given by Tamlyn was really helpfull. I had neven heard from AOT (and this was also my first African trip) and because of this I was a little sceptical. Tamlyn answered all my questions (and I had a lot) and helped me out every step of the way with her information, excitement and customer service! The tour was really great!! I am also recommending this tour to my family and friends! The variation of this trip was amazing! Wild life, gorgeous landscapes, Parks, beaches, snorkeling, markets, it was really one of the best experiences of my life!"
Hi Nazia

Wow Wow Wow, you gave me goosebumps. Thanks so much for the kindest of words and taking the time.

I'm absolutely over the moon and so happy you had an amazing life experience!!

Andrew (Founder of AOT)
"overall it was good since the trip itself was amazing with great staffs of a tour leader and a driver. I was also very lucky to have small group of intelligent people to travel with. Booking experience was not entirely perfect. There were few mistakes on the documents - wrong dates, wrong names --- those details make customers skeptical, who're already nervous enough with going on a trip far away to Africa. Also the agent didn't come back to my question after all even thou he said he would."
"Thank you very much Huntley. After many iterations of planning advice on the right safari with a tight timeline and budget we are truly looking forward to our first African dream safari in December. Many thanks again AOT. Felix & Cheryl"
Thanks so much Felix & Cheryl!

I'm over the moon with your comments. It is our pleasure to make this a reality!

Massive thanks for the feedback

Andrew (Founder of AOT)
"Thank you so much, we are really happy and exciting to travel with Drifters again! Your help me a lot!!!!"
Wooohooo, thanks for trusting us with helping!

Andrew (founder of AOT)
"Thanks a lot to you to be so kindly with me, Chemone Carpenter helps me and give all information we need to book the tour with Drifters to Kenya and Tanzania. Thank you very much!"
"My experience with Nicky from African Overland Tours has been amazing. She was patient, informative, friendly and very helpful, going above and beyond. We are really looking forward to our tour in January."
Massive Thank you for the feedback. I'm over the moon about your kind words!

Thanks so much

Andrew (Founder of AOT)
"The customer service and kindness I have received from Nicky at AOT has been absolutely phenomenal. Not only does she provide prompt, thorough, organized, and detailed answers to my overabundance of questions, but she does so with such kindness and the feeling that she truly cares. Many other tour companies are simply out for your money - AOT understands that people are giving a lot of time and money for a trip, and work incredibly hard to alleviate any hesitations you might have, and to make sure you're set up for the trip of a lifetime. They are transparent, willing to accommodate any needs or issues you may have, and are so patient throughout the process. I am SO excited for my trip from Cape Town to Vic Falls this June, and it's because this travel company cares about its customers. I do just want to note, the reviews on this page are for the planning and arranging of the trip. Separate reviews exist for the trip itself, and for the other companies that actually run the trips (such as the Africa Travel Company). Anyway, a huge thank you to African Overland Tours, and especially to Nicky, for helping make this all possible! You're the MVP's!"
Goosebumps Dustin!!!

Thanks so much for the kindest of words. We try our utmost to provide caring and honest support. We are extremely passionate about what we do and getting travellers to experience this amazing continent.

Thanks so much for the time you took to write this.

Deeply touched :)

Andrew (Founder of AOT)
"This is the second time I book a trip with African Overland Tours, as I had a great experience selecting my desire trip in 2016 with help of Nicky Lotz!! I’m glad to find her again, as she always respond every email on time with full details and great recommendations. The service provided on my first trip, 21-day from Nairobi to Vic Falls was excellent! Now on my way to the second experience!"
Hi Lorena

Firstly, thank you so much for the time you took to write the review. Secondly, I'm over the moon that firstly you love Africa and secondly that you entrust us to help you with your African adventures.

Here's to many more adventures on the road!

Massive Thanks

Andrew (Founder of AOT)
"Haven't gone on a trip yet and am now being asked to review my trip Does not in still confidence .. Got a reply to this saying it was in fact a "review" of the initial contact with the CS rep. Funny that as it said "finished your trip" I have paid a deposit 4 days ago and not heard back, not even a thank you. Seems to be a theme with this company. All over you until you pay, Then all goes very quiet. Some retraining on comms needed methinks"
Hi there,

Thanks so much for the comment. Let me clarify.

The request that is sent at this stage is to review the service you received from our team member. Hopefully you found it very informative and useful.

We use the feedback to improve our service levels. It just helps us make sure we are responding clearly, swiftly and with the passion and the love that we have for Africa.

You are going to have an amazing time exploring Southern Africa. Tammy actually used to guide that trip for years.

You are in very safe hands :)

Deepest apologies for delay with the response.

Andrew (Founder of AOT)
"Always book my African travels through African Overland Tours as they are incredibly friendly and helpful, they always get back to you quickly, staff are knowledgeable, they use local people which I think is very important and offer great value for money."
Thanks so much Karen! That means so much and we deeply appreciate it. So pleased you love let us help :)

Andrew (founder of AOT)
"Stefan from AOT was the most helpful tourist agent I have ever dealt with. Awesome!"
Massive Thanks Daniel, that is wonderful, kind words!

"Simple booking process,easy."
"I always received answers within minutes. Nevertheless, as soon as we paid we did not get any answer for the next steps or any confirmation by now. I am worried regardind my hard earned money! Hope to receive an answer soon. Tour 030355"
Thanks so much, Cedric for the message. I have looked at our travel file and I can see that we received your booking forms yesterday and that the confirmation has been requested to our operator. It normally takes 24 - 48 hrs to just receive them and they will be sent to you.

Sorry for the delay. You will communication very shortly.

Andrew (Founder of AOT)
"I would have given 5 stars last Saturday while booking my 3tous with Stefan, but since I paid in full for my 3 tours I have not heard a word even though I requested a receipt and confirmation of the tours I just pay d for. I have emailed and called and have no response. I am worried about my tours and am freaking out that I have heard no confirmations. I hope I will be able to change to 5 stars when I experience 3 great tours in South Africa, etc. worried at the moment....."
Thanks so much, Peggy. I will check with Stefan what the delay was yesterday (our office was closed on Sunday) , but you should have received a response on Monday. You will receive your response today (Tuesday).

Andrew (founder of AOT)
"Friendly staff, quick answers, omplimentary transfers and night in JNB."
Thanks so much, Sergey!! So pleased you found the team fast and friendly!

Deeply appreciate the comments

Andrew (founder of AOT)
"It is not possible to rate anything as we have not yet received any documentation regarding the tour we booked and paid a deposit for. We have booked a tour on the 28 July Booking ref 070083"
Thanks so much, Peter. I will find out what the delay is in receiving the documentation and get it sent through shortly.

Thanks a million

Andrew (Founder of AOT)
"I love the friendliest service I ever experienced. Thanks!"
Thanks sooo much Monika. Deeply appreciate the kind words!

Andrew (Founder of AOT)
"I like prompt reply from your company and give me very clear information"
"Friendly, prompt and efficient. Website worked well"
African Overland Tours is rated 4.77 based on 197 reviews