Augustine Tours Reviews

of reviewers recommend Augustine Tours
Own Driver
Read Augustine Tours  Reviews

About Augustine Tours :

Founded in 2010, Augustine Tours is a Rwanda based and locally- owned tour operator. We focus on creating and promoting tailor-made tours offering authentic and unique travel experiences benefiting visitors and local employment while preserving the cultural heritage, wildlife, and nature.
Our destinations are Burundi, Rwanda, The Democratic Republic of Congo, Uganda, Tanzania, and Kenya.

“Is Augustine Tours a reliable company?” Don’t take our word for it. You can read verified customer reviews of clients who have used our services. And if you need any references, feel free to reach out to us via email and we shall provide them.

“Why do you have anonymous reviewers?”. We value our customers' privacy. Some customers prefer not to have their names linked with reviews published online and we understand that.

“Does Augustine Tours operate its tours?” Yes, all our tours are designed and run by us. We are not an online travel agency.

Safe payment: We are accepting payments by credit cards processed by PayPal or Stripe.

+250 785 062 493

Augustine Tours  Reviews | 25th January 2020
Augustine Tours  5 star review on 24th January 2020
Giancarlo Ambrosino
More Photos & Videos
Augustine organisiert individuelle Touren und kennt dabei die örtlichen Gegebenheiten. Seine Reiseleiter sind freundlich und meistens pünktlich. Sollten einmal Probleme auftreten, ist man bemüht schnell Abhilfe zu schaffen.
Auf jeden Fall ein verlässlicher Partner in einem instabilen Umfeld. Für eine sichere Durchführung der Reise zu empfehlen.
Hallo Alex. Schön, dass Sie die Tourerfahrung Ihrer letzten Reise nach Burundi, DR Kongo und Ruanda geteilt haben. Ihre Zufriedenheit ist unsere höchste Priorität. Nochmals vielen Dank, dass Sie sich für unsere Services entschieden haben.
Had a customized 2-day tour with Augustine Tours in September 2019.
The organisation onsite was really great, punctual, professional.
I tried maybe to pack a bit too much into a two-day journey, but the guide (Hypolite) was amazing, friendly, funny, knowledgeable...really customer oriented. He worked two very long long days and always stayed, positive, friendly and responsible (safe driving). Was a really great experience!
Dear Jochen,

many thanks for reviewing our guided tour services in Burundi.
Happy to hear your guide helped you get around with his local knowledge and experience.
Thanks again for having chosen our services.
We did a 15 day trip to Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi with Augustine Tours. The itinerary was excellent, the hotels well thought out with choices and the trip moved very smoothly. We had the same driver, Eugene, for the 12 days in Uganda and Rwanda. He really made the trip because he was so courteous, and looked after the little things. Like he cleaned the car (which was in great shape and had A/C) every night! We set a plan each evening for the next day and he was always ready early. Travel in those countries is not easy but he was great at finding restaurants and bathrooms that were clean, and he was good at suggesting changes to the itinerary if we were short on time.

Augustin was great at answering questions and staying in touch before and during the trip. If I did it over again I would cut one day from Burundi because that country does not have good museums that we saw and the best thing were the Gishora Drum sanctuary. We had a different driver in Burundi but same car and we did not connect as well but he also did a good job.

I would certainly recommend Augustine Tours for those Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi. I looked at several options but his itinerary and cost was much better.

We also book a week in Tanzania with them but they outsourced it to another Safari company BMS Safari. That part did not work out and I wish Augustine Tours would have told me they were outsourcing it and I would have selected another tour operator. During the difficulties in Tanzania which related to a bad vehicle and driver/ guide that did not speak English, Augustin followed up with me via email and contacted the safari company ( unfortunately no positive outcome resulted) but he assured me he will find another vendor for Tanzania. So my rating would have been 5 star for the first 2 weeks but 1 star for the last week.
Dear Carol,

many thanks for reviewing our services. I have to agree on the fact that the Tanzania part did not work out to keep delivering a pleasant service like the one you had in Uganda, Rwanda, and Burundi with your prior 15 days of your east African tour. I truly apologize for that.

It is our big concern as a company when such an incident occurs as it doesn’t at all reflects our philosophy and mission: authentic and unique travel experiences benefiting visitors and local employment.

Indeed, we have learned much from the incident, and necessary measures have been taken to avoid anything similar that could happen again in the future.

Once again, thanks for having chosen and recommending our services.

Augustin Ndikuriyo
I took a day tour in Bujumbura, Burundi, with Augustine in August: a place well off the usual tourist trail. I had a terrific time with my well-informed guide and driver, both of whom spoke good English, seeing the city, taking a trip on the river to get up close to hippos and birds, and seeing the fishing village on Lake Tanganyika. Amazing!
Augustine Tours  4 star review on 13th September 2019 Augustine Tours  4 star review on 13th September 2019 Augustine Tours  4 star review on 13th September 2019 Augustine Tours  4 star review on 13th September 2019 Augustine Tours  4 star review on 13th September 2019 Augustine Tours  4 star review on 13th September 2019
Dear Keith,

many thanks for reviewing our services and sharing your Bujumbura tour photos.
We look forward to welcoming on our other tours in the future.
Thanks again for having used Augustine Tours.
A very reliable tour company that you can absolutely trust
(Kigali) -
Hi Wolfgang, we were happy to take you around on Rwanda and Burundi tours. Many thanks for the recommendation/ Vielen Dank für die Empfehlung!
Augustine Tours is rated 4.93 based on 69 reviews