Augustine Tours Reviews

100% of reviewers recommend Augustine Tours

Popular Questions:

How can I contact Augustine Tours ?

About Augustine Tours : We design tailor-made tours, to give guests a great, unique and culturally authentic experience. This means that Augustine Tours adjusts so that you will have a peak experience and see what you really want to.
Our tours allow you to see beautiful parts of Africa, animals in their native homes, and experience the local culture. All in a way that supports the environment, is sustainable yet fun.
We want every guest to have an educational experience, fantastic memories and a one of a kind experience.
This also means that young people, seniors, solo, couples or small groups can book a single or multi-day tour --- custom-made just for their vacation wishes.

+250 785 062 493

info@augusinetours.com

61 KG 11 Avenue, Kigali, Rwanda

Tell us how Augustine Tours made you happy

Featured Review
This review is set as featured by the company.
"Can't recommend Augustine Tours highly enough! I provided my wish list for what we wanted to see in Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda and Burundi. Kelly fulfilled and surpassed our expectations in every way with a custom tour well within our budget. Wonderful suggestions, awesome guides, and even made it possible for us to get a visa for Burundi at the airport (which is unheard of.... except for Kelly's magic). Hint: Make sure to get your yellow fever shot appointment in time to get your visa in prior to travel. Shots were in short supply and appointments took much longer than anticipated. Highly recommend Augustine Tours! In fact, I'm working with Augustine Tours now on my Ethiopia vacation."
(Kigali) - Posted 3 months ago
Susan:
Many thanks for the review. Glad that you enjoyed your time in the Great Lakes region(Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda and Burundi) part of our Africa private tours. Our aim is to always work on tours providing a unique travel experience.
Look forward to welcoming you soon on our Ethiopian tours.
"A well organized tour of Rwanda, Uganda, and Burundi with a knowledgeable tour company. We had the most remarkable tailor-made tour with Augustine Tours. The whole process from the first contact, communication and tour planning was perfect. Not only we enjoyed our tour on every level but our guide was knowledgeable (something commendable) and that made our trip memorable. The 9-day tour which was a mix of two gorilla trekkings in Volcanoes National park and Bwindi National Park, game drives in Akagera and historical visits in Rwanda and Burundi translated what one could read on Augustine Tours website: "Whether we travel for business or vacation, there is always a sense of socio-economic or cultural exchange in one way or another. This is where a travel company like ours plays its role." Thanks, Augustine Tours for that beautiful exchange. You are a true pioneer! We definitely will always remember our time with your company!"
(Kigali) - Posted 4 days ago
"Great team at Augustine Tours, they were quick to respond to my query, easy to book and did not disappoint - highly recommend!"
"Augustine is a great travel planner and also tops in customer service. He responds quickly to my queries and came up with good suggestions for my time in Burundi. I had a great time with him in Burundi and would highly recommended his services."
(Kigali) - Posted 6 days ago
Hi Wee-Cheng

Thanks for having chosen to travel to Burundi with us.
Exploring Burundi and discussing its tourism potential with you was a pleasure.
Many thanks for reviewing our services!
"Very quick booking, no hassle, very easy to use, would definitely recommend"
"Without any error, with our Rwanda and Burundi tour from the first contact throughout its completion, we only had a professional service. I met Augustine during ITB Berlin in March 2019 and our chat led me to book an overland private trip that started from Kigali and ended in Bujumbura- the area he knows best. Having many Foreign Affairs websites advising against travels to Burundi, I was hesitant to include Burundi on our itinerary. Thanks to Augustine who gave me updates about the actual situation. Upon arrival at Kigali Airport, we were warmly welcomed by our guide Eugene who by far is an excellent tour guide. He took us to our hotel where we received the tour briefing, something that gave us a feeling of a friendly atmosphere. Eugene was extremely knowledgeable and friendly with a sense of humor- he deserves special thanks. Our overall experience was wonderful! With all due respect, thanks to Augustine Tours for such a meticulously organized tour."
Hi Matic

Many thanks for reviewing us.
Sharing your travel experience will surely help many considering overland trips to the region of Great Lakes, Rwanda and Burundi particularly.
Again, thanks for having chosen to travel with Augustine Tours.
"I came across Augustine Tours by accident, WE regularly visit Africa on business, and without doubt, they are the best. They offer tailored, bespoke tours, not available elsewhere, with great value for money! :)"
(Kigali) - Posted 1 week ago
"Me & my partner recently used Augustine Tours to plan our trip in Kenya and I am absolutely over the moon that we did! Absolutely everything from start to finish was amazing and exactly what we wanted! A brilliant team who really know what they're doing to provide exceptional tours!"
(Kigali) - Posted 1 week ago
"We were very lucky to find this tour organizing company, who was able to set us up with a tailor-made tour of everything we wanted and needed to see on our rather short trip! Will always remember our time in Tanzania thanks to you!"
Hi Stefana

Lovely to hear we met your travel expectations with your Tanzania safari.
Many thanks for having chosen us.
We looking forward to assisting you again with your Africa tours in the near future.
"Today I finished my 2 day trip to Rwanda which I thoroughly enjoyed from Kigali city tour to Akagera game drive through commendable green hills!"
Hi Harry, thanks for reviewing us. So delighted that you enjoyed your Rwanda tour with us.
"Myself and my partner were 2 independent travellers who wanted to spend a few days in Burundi on our trip that included a tour of Uganda and Rwanda. There is not much information available on Burundi as a tourism destination and we were grateful for Augustine Tours who helped arrange a 3 day tour of some of the main sights in and around Bujumbura. We stayed at the Hotel Club du Lac and enjoyed the refreshing pool, great food, hospitality, entertainment and the white beach sands overlooking Lake Tanganyika, with the sunset in the evenings behind the DRC bordering mountains which is a truly moving sight neither of us will ever forget. We saw hippos and crocs at close quarters in the Ruzizi NP. In addition we saw the Burundi main university site and enjoyed views from the mountain tops of the capital and infamous lake. We enjoyed a trip to Gitega/Gishora to the drummers museum, saw the Catholic influence in the town and also the National Museum of Burundi. We visited the Livingstone/Stanley monument in Bujumbura Rurale. The road trip was very interesting through the mountainous thick bush at high altitude, really getting to see a quite untouched beautiful and largely undiscovered part of Africa. The people were extremely welcoming and friendly and I just wish we had more time to enjoy, discover and explore this up and coming future destination. I would recommend the country and indeed Augustine Tours, who is in many respects a pioneering tourist expert who's passion for this country, its people, history and future aspirations as a nation is truly infectious. Our needs were catered for at very short notice, but Augustine Tours had prepared well and the whole trip was a seamless and well executed private tour. If you're thinking about going, just do it, you'll discover your inner intrepid side...!"
(Kigali) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Hi Paul, many thanks for reviewing us and your kind words are well received. Having visited the 3 countries- Uganda- Rwanda, and Burundi has surely given you an overview of similarities on landscapes, culture, and people, which you seem to have fully enjoyed. Thanks again for having traveled with us.
"Prompt and detailed answers to all my questions for my Rwanda safari booking in January 2020, a positive impression so far. All set to go!"
Hi Stephen, we look forward to welcoming you soon.
"A wonderful 3 day tour to Akagera NP with a passionate and knowledgeable tour guide. Happy to recommend Augustine Tours for your Rwanda private tour."
Hi Michael, thanks for your review. Happy to have accommodated your Rwanda tour wishes at the last minute. Thanks again for having traveled with us.
"I had an amazing and safe overland tour with Augustine Tours during my 5 days in Burundi and Rwanda. I landed at Bujumbura Airport and flew back from Kigali Airport. With my 3 short days in Burundi, my things to do list was Bujumbura city, Gishora drummers, Karera waterfalls and the source. The trip to Butare via Akanyaru border was easier than I imagined despite travel warnings and I felt safe all the time. My Rwanda visit took me to Butare National Museum, Nyanza Royal Palace Museum and ended with Kigali city tour. Wouldnt hesitate to recommend an overland tour to anyone who needs to explore the 2 countries."
(Kigali) - Posted 1 month ago
Hi Nadja, lovely to hear that you enjoyed your private tour to Burundi and Rwanda. Thanks for reviewing us.
"A very reliable tour company that you can absolutely trust"
(Kigali) - Posted 1 month ago
Hi Wolfgang, we were happy to take you around on Rwanda and Burundi tours. Many thanks for the recommendation/ Vielen Dank für die Empfehlung!
"My experience with car rentals in Africa. I decided to tour Burundi, Rwanda, and Uganda by renting a 4WD car and was fortunate enough to find Augustine Tours offering rental options. Chris, my driver spoke excellent English which allowed me to learn more about places I was driving to. The offer was within my budget and I highly recommend using Augustine Tours to anyone who needs to rent a car and travel with peace of mind."
(Kigali) - Posted 1 month ago
Hi Claude, thanks for your review. Glad that we were able to meet your tour expectations.
"Having traveled always with the help of travel agents, we wanted to change and work with a local tour operator. Augustine Tours popped up in our searches as we were looking for a reliable tour in East Africa. Their website had some ready-made tours for each country we wanted to visit, but we decided to send them an inquiry through the contact form for a custom-made itinerary. The communication was quick with detailed information. They proposed an itinerary after a few days, and we accepted it with some change requests. The whole process took a week to have all sorted out and we were ready to book and pack for a 20-day African journey. Trekking gorilla in Rwanda’s Volcanoes National Park was above all a life-changing and energetic experience. The whole 20-day tour went smoothly. Traveling with a tour operator with flexible options was a rewarding experience. With all enthusiasm, we wouldn’t hesitate to use them in the future and recommend the company to anyone who needs a personalized experience and still figures out how and whom to rely on. Great job Augustine Tours!"
(Kigali) - Posted 1 month ago
Hi Gerry, many thanks for reviewing us.
We were so happy to work on your vacation, and above all, we are glad to have been able to fulfill your travel wishes. Please consider visiting DR Congo and Burundi as well with your next trip to Africa. We will be happy to assist.
"We traveled last year to Rwanda 🇷🇼 for a gorilla trekking tour with the help of Augustine Tours. The service was fantastic from our hotels, excursions, and guide. Having done some research on Rwanda, we had an idea of what we wanted to see, and they were patient with us and flexible in adjusting our itinerary. The price was fair and we paid with a credit card. From the first contact throughout the trip, I can’t thank Augustine Tours enough for having professionally planned a lifetime vacation for us."
(Kigali) - Posted 1 month ago
Thanks, Larissa for your kind review. We are all happy that you enjoyed your custom-made tour in Rwanda. We can't wait to see you again on other destinations. ​Greetings from Kigali.
"We have just returned from a fabulous trip to Rwanda organized by Augustine Tours. We stayed in beautiful hotels and lodges where the facilities met our expectations. Our tour guide had a wonderful knowledge of local wildlife and culture which was our travel wishes. Our overall experience from the first contact was very satisfying."
Many thanks for your review. So delighted you have enjoyed your trip to Rwanda. Look forward to seeing again on our new tours.
"My husband and I used Augustine Tours in August 2014 for a 12 day private tour throughout Rwanda and Burundi. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend the company to anyone looking for an awesome overland round trip in those 2 countries."
Hi Anne, many thanks for reviewing us. Touring Rwanda and Burundi, two sister countries with a lot of similarities​ has been an awesome experience for many tourists considering a trip to East Africa.
"Had no tour booked as I landed in Kigali. I met another tourist staying in the same hotel who was departing to DR Congo for Gorillas trekking before continuing to Burundi with Augustine Tours. He recommended me to use the same company which I did by driving to their office to inquire about a gorilla trip. Kelly crafted a quick itinerary at a reasonable price and paying with my credit card was easy and fast. I was picked up the next day for an amazing trip through green hills. The gorilla experience was commendable and I really enjoyed this last minute and lifetime tour. Highly recommend Augustine Tours"
Chris, thanks for having given us an opportunity to assist you. We are all happy that we could meet your last minute tour needs. Look forward to welcoming you to other tourist destinations covered by our company!
Augustine Tours is rated 4.98 based on 43 reviews