Augustine Tours Reviews

of reviewers recommend Augustine Tours
Own Driver
Read Augustine Tours  Reviews

About Augustine Tours :

Founded in 2010, Augustine Tours is a Rwanda based and locally- owned tour operator. We focus on creating and promoting tailor-made tours offering authentic and unique travel experiences benefiting visitors and local employment while preserving the cultural heritage, wildlife, and nature.
Our destinations are Burundi, Rwanda, The Democratic Republic of Congo, Uganda, Tanzania, and Kenya.

“Is Augustine Tours a reliable company?” Don’t take our word for it. You can read verified customer reviews of clients who have used our services. And if you need any references, feel free to reach out to us via email and we shall provide them.

“Why do you have anonymous reviewers?”. We value our customers' privacy. Some customers prefer not to have their names linked with reviews published online and we understand that.

“Does Augustine Tours operate its tours?” Yes, all our tours are designed and run by us. We are not an online travel agency.

Safe payment: We are accepting payments by credit cards processed by PayPal or Stripe.

+250 785 062 493

info@augusinetours.com

61 KG 11 Avenue, Kigali, Rwanda

Tell us how Augustine Tours made you happy
Can't recommend Augustine Tours highly enough! I provided my wish list for what we wanted to see in Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda and Burundi. Kelly fulfilled and surpassed our expectations in every way with a custom tour well within our budget. Wonderful suggestions, awesome guides, and even made it possible for us to get a visa for Burundi at the airport (which is unheard of.... except for Kelly's magic). Hint: Make sure to get your yellow fever shot appointment in time to get your visa in prior to travel. Shots were in short supply and appointments took much longer than anticipated. Highly recommend Augustine Tours! In fact, I'm working with Augustine Tours now on my Ethiopia vacation.
Susan:
Many thanks for the review. Glad that you enjoyed your time in the Great Lakes region(Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda and Burundi) part of our Africa private tours. Our aim is to always work on tours providing a unique travel experience.
Look forward to welcoming you soon on our Ethiopian tours.
Had a customized 2-day tour with Augustine Tours in September 2019. The organisation onsite was really great, punctual, professional. I tried maybe to pack a bit too much into a two-day journey, but the guide (Hypolite) was amazing, friendly, funny, knowledgeable...really customer oriented. He worked two very long long days and always stayed, positive, friendly and responsible (safe driving). Was a really great experience!
Dear Jochen,

many thanks for reviewing our guided tour services in Burundi.
Happy to hear your guide helped you get around with his local knowledge and experience.
Thanks again for having chosen our services.
We did a 15 day trip to Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi with Augustine Tours. The itinerary was excellent, the hotels well thought out with choices and the trip moved very smoothly. We had the same driver, Eugene, for the 12 days in Uganda and Rwanda. He really made the trip because he was so courteous, and looked after the little things. Like he cleaned the car (which was in great shape and had A/C) every night! We set a plan each evening for the next day and he was always ready early. Travel in those countries is not easy but he was great at finding restaurants and bathrooms that were clean, and he was good at suggesting changes to the itinerary if we were short on time. Augustin was great at answering questions and staying in touch before and during the trip. If I did it over again I would cut one day from Burundi because that country does not have good museums that we saw and the best thing were the Gishora Drum sanctuary. We had a different driver in Burundi but same car and we did not connect as well but he also did a good job. I would certainly recommend Augustine Tours for those Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi. I looked at several options but his itinerary and cost was much better. We also book a week in Tanzania with them but they outsourced it to another Safari company BMS Safari. That part did not work out and I wish Augustine Tours would have told me they were outsourcing it and I would have selected another tour operator. During the difficulties in Tanzania which related to a bad vehicle and driver/ guide that did not speak English, Augustin followed up with me via email and contacted the safari company ( unfortunately no positive outcome resulted) but he assured me he will find another vendor for Tanzania. So my rating would have been 5 star for the first 2 weeks but 1 star for the last week.
Dear Carol,

many thanks for reviewing our services. I have to agree on the fact that the Tanzania part did not work out to keep delivering a pleasant service like the one you had in Uganda, Rwanda, and Burundi with your prior 15 days of your east African tour. I truly apologize for that.

It is our big concern as a company when such an incident occurs as it doesn’t at all reflects our philosophy and mission: authentic and unique travel experiences benefiting visitors and local employment.

Indeed, we have learned much from the incident, and necessary measures have been taken to avoid anything similar that could happen again in the future.

Once again, thanks for having chosen and recommending our services.

Augustin Ndikuriyo
I booked my September 2019 with Augustin Tours. Kelly put together a great itinerary to see the country’s highlights (Rusizi National Park, Gishora Drum Sanctuary, etc.). I was very glad that Hypolite was my guide/driver — he was a pleasure to spend time with and is a expert and safe driver.
Hi Michael,

many thanks for reviewing us. We are so happy that you enjoyed your private tour to Burundi. Should you need to share any favorite photos during your tour, please do not hesitate to do so.

Thanks again for having chosen our services!
I took a day tour in Bujumbura, Burundi, with Augustine in August: a place well off the usual tourist trail. I had a terrific time with my well-informed guide and driver, both of whom spoke good English, seeing the city, taking a trip on the river to get up close to hippos and birds, and seeing the fishing village on Lake Tanganyika. Amazing!
Dear Keith,

many thanks for reviewing our services and sharing your Bujumbura tour photos.
We look forward to welcoming on our other tours in the future.
Thanks again for having used Augustine Tours.
First rate service from planning stage through to excellent guiding and on -ground care.
Many thanks for having chosen to travel with us.
We look forward to having you again on other tours in the future.
Found on tripadvisor, I made the trip myself asking some advice, I can’t deny there were some issues but he always tried to fix the situation in those troubled countries. We always were in touch, the guides were well prepared and very kind, the excursions were also very interesting and in every place there were a local guide in addition. Cars big, comfortable and always clean. Clearly the price was high but it was worth it!
Alex: Thanks for reviewing our services. As a local company, we try our best to always be available for you to solve any issues that may arise during your trip to make sure you get a pleasant, unique and personalized travel experience wherever you go. Obviously, your 13-day tour to Uganda, DR Congo, Rwanda, and Burundi has been an awesome and educational experience for you, from the mountain gorilla trekking, game drives, Nyiragongo trek to Gishora drum sanctuary. Our private and small group tour itineraries and packages showcase the diverse culture and wildlife which tourists like you can feel good about while allowing them to make contributions to the local economy.
Thanks for having trusted us, and again for having been a part of the local economy.

Look forward to planning your next trips to other African destinations- Kenya and Tanzania are​ on our map!
very interesting, professional organized tour
Thanks for sharing your feedback on your Burundi tour! Appreciated!
I only had a personalized and fantastic travel with my tour in Uganda and Rwanda.
Many thanks for your nice review! Do not hesitate to contact us should you need any assistance in the future. Look forward to welcoming again on our East Africa Tours.
Best tour guides in Rwanda and made my experience unforgettable! Highly recommend.
Thanks for reviewing us. Surely a mountain gorilla trekking tour coupled with Rwanda cultural heritage has been an awesome trip for you. Thanks again for recommending our services.
Professional Rwanda’s tour operator with a wealth of local knowledge. I booked a 2 day trip in Kigali and my overall experience was awesome.
Thanks for reviewing us, and sharing your experience. Please consider our trips to other destinations ​around East Africa with your next holidays.
My wife and I have visited Rwanda, Uganda, DR Congo, and Burundi with Augustine Tours on a 10-day tour that started from Kigali International airport and ended at Bujumbura International airport. The tour highlights were: Gorilla trekking in Bwindi NP, Nyiragongo Volcano trek, Canopy Walk in Nyungwe NP, Lake Tanganyika, and Gishora drummers. We've been always a little nervous about booking an African safari online but were fortunate enough to find a local company that made all work out perfectly. The communication was prompt and clear which gave us the confidence to book. They helped us with the Burundi visa. Our tour guide was very knowledgeable with excellent English. Throughout the whole trip, we felt very safe. Highly recommended for a truly personalized experience.
Thank you very much for your review and recommendation.
Designing a tailor-made tour for your trip through #Uganda, #Rwanda, #DRCongo, and #Burundi has been a pleasure for us. Happy to add you onto our satisfied clients' list.
I had a fantastically organized trip to Rwanda for a solo traveler. It was made of wildlife and cultural activities. Augustine Tours was very helpful in planning a private tour based on my wants all within my budget. Even little details were carefully considered during the planning of my tour. My favorite parts of the tour were game drives in Akagera National Park and Volcanoes National Park for gorilla trekking. If I could take the tour again or recommend it, I would bring my friends along and add more activities in Rwanda and combine them with Uganda and Burundi.
Hi Rachel

thanks for reviewing us. We are glad that you found your Rwanda tour enjoyable. We look forward to organizing for you more tours in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, and Burundi.
Augustine Tours was recommended to us by two friends of ours after a wonderful tour experience they had with the company back in 2015 as they were traveling through Rwanda and Uganda. I now want to share my personal experience and thank Augustine for being flexible in putting together a customized trip to Uganda, Rwanda, and Burundi. The provided tour package with travel tips translated their local expertise. Gorilla trekking in Rwanda was our top list. We also had two rewarding game drives in Queen Elizabeth and Akagera National Park. Our trip continued to Burundi where we visited the beautiful Lake Tanganyika and Gishora drum sanctuary a site that depicts the infectious Burundian culture. The whole journey(April 15-29,2019) was a memorable trip, and we happily recommend the company to anybody looking for a knowledgeable and trustworthy company.
Hi Dirk

many thanks for reviewing us. Taking you through Uganda, Rwanda, and Burundi has a great pleasure for us. We look forward to working with you again.
Me and our husband had the best time of our lives on our last trip with Augustine Tours. It was very easy to book. Their team provided us with all the details we wanted to know.Highly reccomend!
A well organized tour of Rwanda, Uganda, and Burundi with a knowledgeable tour company. We had the most remarkable tailor-made tour with Augustine Tours. The whole process from the first contact, communication and tour planning was perfect. Not only we enjoyed our tour on every level but our guide was knowledgeable (something commendable) and that made our trip memorable. The 9-day tour which was a mix of two gorilla trekkings in Volcanoes National park and Bwindi National Park, game drives in Akagera and historical visits in Rwanda and Burundi translated what one could read on Augustine Tours website: "Whether we travel for business or vacation, there is always a sense of socio-economic or cultural exchange in one way or another. This is where a travel company like ours plays its role." Thanks, Augustine Tours for that beautiful exchange. You are a true pioneer! We definitely will always remember our time with your company!
Hi Kirsten

Many thanks for reviewing us. Working with you on your trip has been pleasant. We can't wait to organize more trips for you.
Great team at Augustine Tours, they were quick to respond to my query, easy to book and did not disappoint - highly recommend!
Many thanks for your review!
Augustine is a great travel planner and also tops in customer service. He responds quickly to my queries and came up with good suggestions for my time in Burundi. I had a great time with him in Burundi and would highly recommended his services.
Hi Wee-Cheng

Thanks for having chosen to travel to Burundi with us.
Exploring Burundi and discussing its tourism potential with you was a pleasure.
Many thanks for reviewing our services!
Very quick booking, no hassle, very easy to use, would definitely recommend
Many thanks for reviewing us.
Without any error, with our Rwanda and Burundi tour from the first contact throughout its completion, we only had a professional service. I met Augustine during ITB Berlin in March 2019 and our chat led me to book an overland private trip that started from Kigali and ended in Bujumbura- the area he knows best. Having many Foreign Affairs websites advising against travels to Burundi, I was hesitant to include Burundi on our itinerary. Thanks to Augustine who gave me updates about the actual situation. Upon arrival at Kigali Airport, we were warmly welcomed by our guide Eugene who by far is an excellent tour guide. He took us to our hotel where we received the tour briefing, something that gave us a feeling of a friendly atmosphere. Eugene was extremely knowledgeable and friendly with a sense of humor- he deserves special thanks. Our overall experience was wonderful! With all due respect, thanks to Augustine Tours for such a meticulously organized tour.
Hi Matic

Many thanks for reviewing us.
Sharing your travel experience will surely help many considering overland trips to the region of Great Lakes, Rwanda and Burundi particularly.
Again, thanks for having chosen to travel with Augustine Tours.
I came across Augustine Tours by accident, WE regularly visit Africa on business, and without doubt, they are the best. They offer tailored, bespoke tours, not available elsewhere, with great value for money! :)
Hi Sal

Many thanks for your review. So happy that you found our assistance valuable.
Augustine Tours is rated 4.93 based on 57 reviews