Augustine Tours Reviews

Heidkamp 26, Heidkamp,
Lüneburg

Tell us how Augustine Tours made you happy
Fajar
Augustine Tours (Augustine and Kelly) were great from my original contact through to the end of a 3 week journey through Rwanda and Burundi. They were responsive to all my requests, recommended interesting things to do in every location I visited and booked some very good hotels to stay in. All in all I can not fault them. I looked at other tour companies and chose Augustine because they came up with the best proposal at the best cost. During the tour Kelly and Augustine were always on hand to advise and sort out any questions. Eugene was fantastic through out the whole 3 weeks with us. We were always safe and happy.
(Kigali) - Posted 3 years ago
Hi Bob Many thanks for the review. It was a great pleasure to work on your 3 week vacation through Rwanda and Burundi , and above all to make it memorable and satisfying. I am sure you left with fantastic and positive memories on these 2 countries. We look forward to welcoming again on our private tour programs.
We (me and my son) have just returned from a very exciting trip from Uganda perfectly organised by the Augustine Tours. We were picked up from Rwanda and were driven by very professional guide and driver Kaye. We had a great time in Bwindi (gorilla trekking) which I can recommend to everybody. It’s been an unique life time experience! Then we drove East to Jinja (sources of Nile) and weee also impressed how this amazing place at Lake Victoria looks like, finally we ended up in Kampala and had a great all day city tour in and around this vibrant city. By the end we had prior to our departure an unforgettable dinner in Entebbe at shores of Lake Victoria during the sunset. I can only recommend the services of Augustine Tours, genuine professionals in their job!
We(my husband and I) just finished a 12-day tour to Burundi, Rwanda, and Uganda with Augustine Tours. The original plan was to do gorilla trekking in Uganda and chimpanzee tracking but they added some highlights on cultural and historical visits in Burundi and Rwanda, countries they have a wealth of local knowledge. They designed a tailor-made tour and included the best choice of hotels and activities. I cannot thank enough our local guides who were in all aspects knowledgeable and informative. I highly RECOMMEND Augustine Tours for anyone considering touring the three countries with a local expert.
We enjoyed our 15-day tour to Burundi, Rwanda, and Uganda with Augustine Tours in February 2022. The highlights were the game drives in Queen Elizabeth National Park, Gorilla trekking experience in Bwindi National Park. We had a great time - the chimpanzee and Gorilla trekking were simply fabulous. Augustine Tours made sure we had the best experience every day from the airport pick up throughout the end of our tour. The lodges were immaculate and served great food. All the questions we had while preparing for our trip were perfectly and quickly answered which was the first positive sign from the company. I would recommend Augustine Tours to anyone who shares our love of Africa and if you book a tour, you will be in the right hands to do the Gorilla trekking, game viewing, and cultural experience.
Six day gorilla trekking experience in Rwanda 🇷🇼! Glad that we( two of us) managed to travel to Rwanda and trekked the amazing mountain gorillas, an indeed great lifetime trip despite the pandemic. Augustine Tours did a great job in designing a gorilla trekking tour itinerary including other historical and cultural activities that allowed us to explore the remarkable tourism potential of Rwanda. Our guide was knowledgeable which made our tour even more memorable. Thanks again for this lifetime gorilla trekking!
One of the best day tours I ever did(Hypolite). I travel a lot but this Bujumbura city day-tour with Hypolite was some of the best day-tours that I ever did. I stayed in Kigali and flew for a day tour to Bujumbura. I booked this tour on Internet and to pay it in advance to a German bank account. It was not cheap, from a local view even expensive. Yet, everything was perfect. The airport pick-up was perfect and the whole tour which lasted until 17.00, was a perfect day. Especially mentioned was the boat trip on the river, the lunch on a fantastic place (BoraBoar Beach), market visits, fishing village and everything. Hypolit was such a friendly and smiling person, professional and very flexible to all my request. This guy i would select for any other tours in the future. Not to forget the driver. Good car and he drove very professional in a extremly hectic area with a lot of dirty streets. I felt me very secured by his driving style. Was the best day for my week stay in this area.
The trip was very well done. Will recommend to all other people
Hi Konstantin, Thanks for reviewing and recommending our services. We are glad that you enjoyed your tour in Burundi. We look forward to planning your other tours in the near future.
A trip of a lifetime to Rwanda, Uganda, DR Congo, and Zanzibar! I can't believe how well everything was planned out. Eugene is an incredible guide and driver. And Augustin was on top of everything. They both even made sure there was a vegetarian option for me wherever we went. The hotels were immaculate. This was truest one of the greatest trips I've ever taken. when an area was undergoing some unexpected political strife, Eugene and Augustin got me to safety without a hitch and had "backup" excursions all planned out that were incredible. Thank you for a trip of a lifetime.
Hi Meri, Thanks for the review. We are glad to have made your tour to Rwanda, Uganda, DR Congo, and Zanzibar a trip of a lifetime. We can't wait to plan your trips to other destinations. Thanks again for having chosen Augustine Tours.
Amazing Gorilla 🦍 trekking experience in Rwanda 🇷🇼. Excellent Service! I arranged a customized four-day tour program with Augustine Tours, the price was very fair for value received. I would definitely recommend Augustine Tours to my friends and everyone reading this review.
Hi Gary, Thanks for reviewing and recommending our services. It was a pleasure for us to usher you to the amazing mountain gorillas of Rwanda. We look forward to hearing from you and your friends for your next tours to Africa. Thanks for having chosen to travel Augustine Tours.
Augustine Tours was a perfect choice for me. I wanted to see Burundi because I aim to visit every country of the world, but Burundi was a hard destination for visa problems. Not only they solved me the problem for my Visa helping me to get a Visa on arrival, but they sent me the best driver/guide I ever had in my tours.... And even the cost was absolutely proportionated to the service received. 5 stars to their service, and thanks. Burundi is not a destination on the top of the list also because bad advices about political instability or other problems. Well, I think that this is a big mistake... and that the country has to offer more. But being still not so ready to tourism, to explore it with a serious professional tour operator like Augustine Tours is a good money-worth choice even for 100% independent travelers as I am.
Hi Andrea, Many thanks for the review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed in your tour in Burundi and found value in it. Thanks having chosen to travel with Augustine Tours!
Augustine Tours arranged an excellent 3 day tour of Burundi. Mr. Hypolite, my guide, kindly shared with me the best spots of the country and its cultural heritage. The program was excellent, and we managed to visit the beautiful highlands and even included a boat trip on Tanganyika lake at the end of the trip. Well done Augustine Tours!
Augustine Tours  5 star review on 14th October 2021 Augustine Tours  5 star review on 14th October 2021 Augustine Tours  5 star review on 14th October 2021
Hi Camelia, Many thanks for your review. We are glad to hear that we met your tour expectations. We look forward to planning other tours for you. Thanks again for having chosen to travel with us.
Professional and best for money tour: We would like to thank Augustine Tours for their prompt and responsive service from the pre-planning stage of planning the best sequence of places to visit to maximize our time as well as accommodating our requests for a special diet (vegetarian) and ensure our safety and wellbeing at all times. We had a great time with their company. We did a customized private tour for Rwanda, Uganda, and Burundi to visit all the highlights and cool places offered by each unique country. Transfer and crossing borders was a breeze with Kelly arranging everything carefully for us. All in all, we did a game drive, city tours, gorilla trekking, visit the genocide museum, churches, and markets and the tour package quoted was very reasonable! We have traveled to other parts of Africa (Kenya and Tanzania) and know that the English language may be a barrier for some tour operators but Augustine Tours did not have this problem as Kelly and our Tour Guide spoke perfect English and was very knowledgeable on the many things in the different countries. We also research many tour agencies for this trip and Augustine Tours had the best deal and package. Definitely value for money and good professional standard. I would highly recommend them to all who want to visit Rwanda, Uganda, and Burundi. Start planning early especially if you are traveling during peak periods to see the Gorillas as they would need to reserve the entrance admission ticket in advance. Happy Travels!!
Hi Ryan Many thanks for appreciating our work on your customized private tour for Rwanda, Uganda, and Burundi. Working with you and your team has been a pleasure for us as well, and we will forward to working on your next programs. Thanks again for having chosen to travel with Augustine Tours. Augustine Tours
Excellent 4-day Gorilla trekking tour in Rwanda. It was a really great experience with Augustine Tours. Good service with an incredible and knowledgeable guide. I highly recommend Augustine Tours to anyone traveling to Rwanda.
Great trip to see the highlights of Burundi with Hypolite who was knowledgeable and very personable. Loved the drive into the countryside to Karera Falls, to the source of the White Nile, and to where Stanley met Livingstone. An election and heavy rain made it impossible to visit Gishora Drum Sanctuary for their drum performance. HOWEVER, Hypolite and I were waved through barricades to follow a military jeep down an empty broad boulevard lined with well-wishers -- before the newly elected president's entourage passed. What a thrill to experience! Wonderful customer service provided by Hypolite while in Burundi and to Kelly for arranging the reasonably priced tour. I was so impressed I recommended Augustine Tours to a fellow traveler I met on my next trip.
Hi Tamara Many thanks for reviewing and recommending our services. We are all happy that you enjoyed your tour in Burundi. We look forward to hearing from you as you plan more trips to East Africa. Thanks again for having chosen Augustine Tours!
I used Augustine Tours to arrange a two day tour of Burundi, and could not have been more satisfied. Thierry was an excellent guide who explained so much about Burundi and its people. He was smart and interesting, and gave me options on what to see and do. I was so impressed that two additional guides were brought-on to help us with the hike in Kibira National Forest and the tea farm visit -- Deux was very experienced and his English was excellent. Airport reception and drop-off was flawless and easy. The board ride to see the hippos in the river was awesome, as was the hike in Kibira National Forest and the visit to the tea plantation. I would definitely use again.
Hi Peter, many thanks for reviewing us. We are happy that you enjoyed your Burundi tour with us. Your satisfaction is indeed our priority. Thanks again for having chosen our services and we look forward to welcoming you again next time with more East African trips. All the best!
The on the ground staff were professional, thoughtful, friendly, knowledgeable and eager to make my trip a memorable and pleasant one. From assistance in obtaining a visa on arrival to hotel accommodations and sightseeing their arrangements were perfect for my needs. Hippolite (my guide) and Albert (my driver) could not have been better.
Hi Steve, many thanks for reviewing our services. We are glad that you enjoyed your private tour. We look forward to planning more trips for you next time you travel back to East Africa.
Augustine Tours helped me in organizing my trip to Burundi. Kelly was quick to answer my question by e-mail and she managed to have my visa authorization letter ready before I flew to Africa. On the ground, my day tour to the Burundi countryside with Hypolite was absolutely wonderful, not only was he a good driver and highly knowledgeable guide, he was also very helpful and professional, an excellent travel companion. Thanks to the great service of Augustine Tours, my Burundi trip was definitely the highlight of my recent journey to Africa.
Augustine Tours  5 star review on 19th February 2020 Augustine Tours  5 star review on 19th February 2020 Augustine Tours  5 star review on 19th February 2020 Augustine Tours  5 star review on 19th February 2020 Augustine Tours  5 star review on 19th February 2020
Hi Fajar, many thanks for reviewing our services and sharing your tour experience. We are happy that your private tour to Burundi was a memorable trip of your recent journey to Africa. Thanks again for the beautiful pictures.
Augustine organisiert individuelle Touren und kennt dabei die örtlichen Gegebenheiten. Seine Reiseleiter sind freundlich und meistens pünktlich. Sollten einmal Probleme auftreten, ist man bemüht schnell Abhilfe zu schaffen. Auf jeden Fall ein verlässlicher Partner in einem instabilen Umfeld. Für eine sichere Durchführung der Reise zu empfehlen.
Hallo Alex. Schön, dass Sie die Tourerfahrung Ihrer letzten Reise nach Burundi, DR Kongo und Ruanda geteilt haben. Ihre Zufriedenheit ist unsere höchste Priorität. Nochmals vielen Dank, dass Sie sich für unsere Services entschieden haben.
Augustine was extremely fast to respond, most important when you have a little time issue, the office staff = Kelly and the driver / guide were just great, in East Africa Augustine is the one to go to for tours
Hi Chris Thanks for reviewing our services. It can be sometimes a bit difficult to make things right for last-minute trips. We are so happy about your tour experience and again thanks for having chosen to travel with us.
Kelly and her staff were amazing! I definitely recommend! cheers
Augustine Tours  5 star review on 24th January 2020
Hi Giancarlo Many thanks for reviewing us. Glad that you enjoyed your trip to #Rwanda, #DRCongo and #Burundi. Thanks for sharing the photo!
Augustine Tours is rated 4.9 based on 96 reviews