Augustine Tours Reviews

of reviewers recommend Augustine Tours
Own Driver
Read Augustine Tours  Reviews

About Augustine Tours :

Founded in 2010, Augustine Tours is a Rwanda based and locally- owned tour operator. We focus on creating and promoting tailor-made tours offering authentic and unique travel experiences benefiting visitors and local employment while preserving the cultural heritage, wildlife, and nature.
Our destinations are Burundi, Rwanda, The Democratic Republic of Congo, Uganda, Tanzania, and Kenya.

“Is Augustine Tours a reliable company?” Don’t take our word for it. You can read verified customer reviews of clients who have used our services. And if you need any references, feel free to reach out to us via email and we shall provide them.

“Why do you have anonymous reviewers?”. We value our customers' privacy. Some customers prefer not to have their names linked with reviews published online and we understand that.

“Does Augustine Tours operate its tours?” Yes, all our tours are designed and run by us. We are not an online travel agency.

Safe payment: We are accepting payments by credit cards processed by PayPal or Stripe.

+250 785 062 493

Augustine Tours  Reviews | 25th January 2020
Augustine Tours  5 star review on 24th January 2020
Giancarlo A
More Photos & Videos
Great trip to see the highlights of Burundi with Hypolite who was knowledgeable and very personable. Loved the drive into the countryside to Karera Falls, to the source of the White Nile, and to where Stanley met Livingstone. An election and heavy rain made it impossible to visit Gishora Drum Sanctuary for their drum performance. HOWEVER, Hypolite and I were waved through barricades to follow a military jeep down an empty broad boulevard lined with well-wishers -- before the newly elected president's entourage passed. What a thrill to experience!

Wonderful customer service provided by Hypolite while in Burundi and to Kelly for arranging the reasonably priced tour. I was so impressed I recommended Augustine Tours to a fellow traveler I met on my next trip.
Hi Tamara

Many thanks for reviewing and recommending our services. We are all happy that you enjoyed your tour in Burundi. We look forward to hearing from you as you plan more trips to East Africa.

Thanks again for having chosen Augustine Tours!

I used Augustine Tours to arrange a two day tour of Burundi, and could not have been more satisfied. Thierry was an excellent guide who explained so much about Burundi and its people. He was smart and interesting, and gave me options on what to see and do. I was so impressed that two additional guides were brought-on to help us with the hike in Kibira National Forest and the tea farm visit -- Deux was very experienced and his English was excellent.

Airport reception and drop-off was flawless and easy. The board ride to see the hippos in the river was awesome, as was the hike in Kibira National Forest and the visit to the tea plantation.

I would definitely use again.
Hi Peter,
many thanks for reviewing us. We are happy that you enjoyed your Burundi tour with us. Your satisfaction is indeed our priority. Thanks again for having chosen our services and we look forward to welcoming you again next time with more East African trips. All the best!
The on the ground staff were professional, thoughtful, friendly, knowledgeable and eager to make my trip a memorable and pleasant one. From assistance in obtaining a visa on arrival to hotel accommodations and sightseeing their arrangements were perfect for my needs. Hippolite (my guide) and Albert (my driver) could not have been better.
Hi Steve,
many thanks for reviewing our services. We are glad that you enjoyed your private tour. We look forward to planning more trips for you next time you travel back to East Africa.
Augustine Tours helped me in organizing my trip to Burundi. Kelly was quick to answer my question by e-mail and she managed to have my visa authorization letter ready before I flew to Africa. On the ground, my day tour to the Burundi countryside with Hypolite was absolutely wonderful, not only was he a good driver and highly knowledgeable guide, he was also very helpful and professional, an excellent travel companion. Thanks to the great service of Augustine Tours, my Burundi trip was definitely the highlight of my recent journey to Africa.
Augustine Tours  5 star review on 19th February 2020 Augustine Tours  5 star review on 19th February 2020 Augustine Tours  5 star review on 19th February 2020 Augustine Tours  5 star review on 19th February 2020 Augustine Tours  5 star review on 19th February 2020
Hi Fajar, many thanks for reviewing our services and sharing your tour experience. We are happy that your private tour to Burundi was a memorable trip of your recent journey to Africa. Thanks again for the beautiful pictures.
Augustine was extremely fast to respond, most important when you have a little time issue, the office staff = Kelly and the driver / guide were just great, in East Africa Augustine is the one to go to for tours
Hi Chris

Thanks for reviewing our services. It can be sometimes a bit difficult to make things right for last-minute trips. We are so happy about your tour experience and again thanks for having chosen to travel with us.
Kelly and her staff were amazing! I definitely recommend! cheers
Augustine Tours  5 star review on 24th January 2020
Hi Giancarlo

Many thanks for reviewing us. Glad that you enjoyed your trip to #Rwanda, #DRCongo and #Burundi. Thanks for sharing the photo!
Augustine Tours ensured every single detail of my trip in East Africa (Rwanda, Uganda, DRC and Burundi) was carefully (and wisely) organized. Based on their experience, they can guide you to customize one of their basic itineraries to focus on your own priorities. They always engage into an efficient communication as well. I am totally satisfied with Augustine and his team. My local guides were Eugene and Hypolite: outstanding performance from both of them! I highly recommend Augustine Tours.
Hi Mauricio, many thanks for reviewing our services. Putting together your travel needs for a personalized tour itinerary was a pleasure as our aim is to always design an itinerary our clients can feel good about. Thanks again for having chosen Augustine Tours. Greetings from Kigali, Rwanda to Frankfurt, Germany.
9 days fantastically spent in Uganda, Rwanda, DR Congo, and Burundi!! We were looking for a private tour to Rwanda and after checking out many companies and reviewing them we decided to go with Augustine Tours. They had on their website a nine-day four-country combo package for Uganda, Rwanda, DRC, and Burundi. We had a feel nine days for four 4 countries would be a perfect match for budget and time. So, we inquired about the tour and the offer was reasonable for two of us, my wife and me.
The packages had highlights on Gorilla trekking in Uganda, Nyiragongo Volcano trek, historical and cultural visits in Rwanda and Burundi. From the very first contact, this company fulfilled our expectations and promptly replied to our inquiries. They accept payments with major credit cards which many tour companies in Africa don’t.
The hotels were carefully selected, and the rooms were as perfect as expected. The guide attention and driving skills with his 4WD Landcruiser clean with AC were a plus to our adventure tour. Augustine Tours also provided support in applying for the Burundi visa and we obtained DR Congo visa at the border.
The personalized attention before and during our trip inspires true hospitality. If we are to travel back to East Africa, no doubt Augustine Tours will handle our vacation!
Hi Thomas, thanks for taking the time to review us and share a detailed experience of your tour. You can proudly mark" done" on your travel map Uganda, Rwanda, DR Congo, and Burundi and we are happy that you gave a chance to show you the beauty of this region. We look forward to hearing from you as you plan in the future another trip to Africa. Greetings from Kigali, Rwanda.
Excellent visit with a fast and informative tour company. We needed a 7-day tailor-made gorilla trip in Rwanda, and we found Augustine Tours online with excellent reviews. Rwanda is an amazing travel destination and from our tour experience, we only had a warm and friendly service. The trip would be recommended to anyone with an interest in the local community and gorilla experience. All the tour arrangements were well coordinated, and the pre-tour information was comprehensive and helpful in all aspects.
Hi Matt, thanks for your time to review our services. It is our great pleasure to have planned your Gorilla Trekking Tour in Rwanda, an epic tour activity worth time and money. Your tour satisfaction means a lot to us. Thanks again for having chosen our services. Greetings from Kigali, Rwanda
Good service, quick responses and nice tour guide.
Kelly, who arranged the Visa and the tour, was absolutelly outstanding and I cannot thank her enough.
Highly recommended!
Hi João, thanks for sharing your tour experience with us. We are glad to hear that we met your travel expectations in planning your visa and private tour to Burundi. All the way to Brazil, we send you our greetings from Rwanda!
I booked my September 2019 with Augustin Tours. Kelly put together a great itinerary to see the country’s highlights (Rusizi National Park, Gishora Drum Sanctuary, etc.). I was very glad that Hypolite was my guide/driver — he was a pleasure to spend time with and is a expert and safe driver.
Hi Michael,

many thanks for reviewing us. We are so happy that you enjoyed your private tour to Burundi. Should you need to share any favorite photos during your tour, please do not hesitate to do so.

Thanks again for having chosen our services!
First rate service from planning stage through to excellent guiding and on -ground care.
Many thanks for having chosen to travel with us.
We look forward to having you again on other tours in the future.
Found on tripadvisor, I made the trip myself asking some advice, I can’t deny there were some issues but he always tried to fix the situation in those troubled countries. We always were in touch, the guides were well prepared and very kind, the excursions were also very interesting and in every place there were a local guide in addition. Cars big, comfortable and always clean. Clearly the price was high but it was worth it!
Alex: Thanks for reviewing our services. As a local company, we try our best to always be available for you to solve any issues that may arise during your trip to make sure you get a pleasant, unique and personalized travel experience wherever you go. Obviously, your 13-day tour to Uganda, DR Congo, Rwanda, and Burundi has been an awesome and educational experience for you, from the mountain gorilla trekking, game drives, Nyiragongo trek to Gishora drum sanctuary. Our private and small group tour itineraries and packages showcase the diverse culture and wildlife which tourists like you can feel good about while allowing them to make contributions to the local economy.
Thanks for having trusted us, and again for having been a part of the local economy.

Look forward to planning your next trips to other African destinations- Kenya and Tanzania are​ on our map!
very interesting, professional organized tour
Thanks for sharing your feedback on your Burundi tour! Appreciated!
I only had a personalized and fantastic travel with my tour in Uganda and Rwanda.
Many thanks for your nice review! Do not hesitate to contact us should you need any assistance in the future. Look forward to welcoming again on our East Africa Tours.
Best tour guides in Rwanda and made my experience unforgettable! Highly recommend.
Thanks for reviewing us. Surely a mountain gorilla trekking tour coupled with Rwanda cultural heritage has been an awesome trip for you. Thanks again for recommending our services.
Professional Rwanda’s tour operator with a wealth of local knowledge. I booked a 2 day trip in Kigali and my overall experience was awesome.
Thanks for reviewing us, and sharing your experience. Please consider our trips to other destinations ​around East Africa with your next holidays.
My wife and I have visited Rwanda, Uganda, DR Congo, and Burundi with Augustine Tours on a 10-day tour that started from Kigali International airport and ended at Bujumbura International airport. The tour highlights were: Gorilla trekking in Bwindi NP, Nyiragongo Volcano trek, Canopy Walk in Nyungwe NP, Lake Tanganyika, and Gishora drummers. We've been always a little nervous about booking an African safari online but were fortunate enough to find a local company that made all work out perfectly. The communication was prompt and clear which gave us the confidence to book. They helped us with the Burundi visa. Our tour guide was very knowledgeable with excellent English. Throughout the whole trip, we felt very safe. Highly recommended for a truly personalized experience.
Thank you very much for your review and recommendation.
Designing a tailor-made tour for your trip through #Uganda, #Rwanda, #DRCongo, and #Burundi has been a pleasure for us. Happy to add you onto our satisfied clients' list.
I had a fantastically organized trip to Rwanda for a solo traveler. It was made of wildlife and cultural activities. Augustine Tours was very helpful in planning a private tour based on my wants all within my budget. Even little details were carefully considered during the planning of my tour.
My favorite parts of the tour were game drives in Akagera National Park and Volcanoes National Park for gorilla trekking. If I could take the tour again or recommend it, I would bring my friends along and add more activities in Rwanda and combine them with Uganda and Burundi.
Hi Rachel

thanks for reviewing us. We are glad that you found your Rwanda tour enjoyable. We look forward to organizing for you more tours in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, and Burundi.
Augustine Tours is rated 4.93 based on 69 reviews