Augustine Tours Reviews

100% of reviewers recommend Augustine Tours

About Augustine Tours : Founded in 2010, Augustine Tours is a Rwanda based and locally- owned tour operator. We focus on creating and promoting tailor-made tours offering authentic and unique travel experiences benefiting visitors and local employment while preserving the cultural heritage, wildlife, and nature.
Our destinations are Burundi, Rwanda, The Democratic Republic of Congo, Uganda, Tanzania, and Kenya.

“Is Augustine Tours a reliable company?” Don’t take our word for it. You can read verified customer reviews of clients who have used our services. And if you need any references, feel free to reach out to us via email and we shall provide them.

“Why do you have anonymous reviewers?”. We value our customers' privacy. Some customers prefer not to have their names linked with reviews published online and we understand that.

“Does Augustine Tours operate its tours?” Yes, all our tours are designed and run by us. We are not an online travel agency.

Safe payment: We are accepting payments by credit cards processed by PayPal or Stripe.

+250 785 062 493

info@augusinetours.com

61 KG 11 Avenue, Kigali, Rwanda

Tell us how Augustine Tours made you happy

Own Driver
Keith H
"I took a day tour in Bujumbura, Burundi, with Augustine in August: a place well off the usual tourist trail. I had a terrific time with my well-informed guide and driver, both of whom spoke good English, seeing the city, taking a trip on the river to get up close to hippos and birds, and seeing the fishing village on Lake Tanganyika. Amazing!"
Matic C
"Without any error, with our Rwanda and Burundi tour from the first contact throughout its completion, we only had a professional service. I met Augustine during ITB Berlin in March 2019 and our chat led me to book an overland private trip that started from Kigali and ended in Bujumbura- the area he knows best. Having many Foreign Affairs websites advising against travels to Burundi, I was hesitant to include Burundi on our itinerary. Thanks to Augustine who gave me updates about the actual situation. Upon arrival at Kigali Airport, we were warmly welcomed by our guide Eugene who by far is an excellent tour guide. He took us to our hotel where we received the tour briefing, something that gave us a feeling of a friendly atmosphere. Eugene was extremely knowledgeable and friendly with a sense of humor- he deserves special thanks. Our overall experience was wonderful! With all due respect, thanks to Augustine Tours for such a meticulously organized tour."
Mikhail S
"Absolutely incredible company and wonderful people who made my trip enjoyable and lovely. From the communication point to pick up from the hotel my 4 days in Burundi were wonderful. It was my first time and I want to express my sincere gratitude to Augustin and Hipolite who helped to discover their country. Those people are absolutely fantastic and will go extra mile to make you feel better. I am putting my head down and say Thanks a Million for everything. If you are looking wonderful, comfortable and great tour please chose this company and you will never be disappointed."
Featured Review
This review is set as featured by the company.
"Can't recommend Augustine Tours highly enough! I provided my wish list for what we wanted to see in Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda and Burundi. Kelly fulfilled and surpassed our expectations in every way with a custom tour well within our budget. Wonderful suggestions, awesome guides, and even made it possible for us to get a visa for Burundi at the airport (which is unheard of.... except for Kelly's magic). Hint: Make sure to get your yellow fever shot appointment in time to get your visa in prior to travel. Shots were in short supply and appointments took much longer than anticipated. Highly recommend Augustine Tours! In fact, I'm working with Augustine Tours now on my Ethiopia vacation."
Susan:
Many thanks for the review. Glad that you enjoyed your time in the Great Lakes region(Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda and Burundi) part of our Africa private tours. Our aim is to always work on tours providing a unique travel experience.
Look forward to welcoming you soon on our Ethiopian tours.
"I booked my September 2019 with Augustin Tours. Kelly put together a great itinerary to see the country’s highlights (Rusizi National Park, Gishora Drum Sanctuary, etc.). I was very glad that Hypolite was my guide/driver — he was a pleasure to spend time with and is a expert and safe driver."
Hi Michael,

many thanks for reviewing us. We are so happy that you enjoyed your private tour to Burundi. Should you need to share any favorite photos during your tour, please do not hesitate to do so.

Thanks again for having chosen our services!
"First rate service from planning stage through to excellent guiding and on -ground care."
Many thanks for having chosen to travel with us.
We look forward to having you again on other tours in the future.
"Found on tripadvisor, I made the trip myself asking some advice, I can’t deny there were some issues but he always tried to fix the situation in those troubled countries. We always were in touch, the guides were well prepared and very kind, the excursions were also very interesting and in every place there were a local guide in addition. Cars big, comfortable and always clean. Clearly the price was high but it was worth it!"
Alex: Thanks for reviewing our services. As a local company, we try our best to always be available for you to solve any issues that may arise during your trip to make sure you get a pleasant, unique and personalized travel experience wherever you go. Obviously, your 13-day tour to Uganda, DR Congo, Rwanda, and Burundi has been an awesome and educational experience for you, from the mountain gorilla trekking, game drives, Nyiragongo trek to Gishora drum sanctuary. Our private and small group tour itineraries and packages showcase the diverse culture and wildlife which tourists like you can feel good about while allowing them to make contributions to the local economy.
Thanks for having trusted us, and again for having been a part of the local economy.

Look forward to planning your next trips to other African destinations- Kenya and Tanzania are​ on our map!
"very interesting, professional organized tour"
Thanks for sharing your feedback on your Burundi tour! Appreciated!
"I only had a personalized and fantastic travel with my tour in Uganda and Rwanda."
Many thanks for your nice review! Do not hesitate to contact us should you need any assistance in the future. Look forward to welcoming again on our East Africa Tours.
"Best tour guides in Rwanda and made my experience unforgettable! Highly recommend."
Thanks for reviewing us. Surely a mountain gorilla trekking tour coupled with Rwanda cultural heritage has been an awesome trip for you. Thanks again for recommending our services.
"Professional Rwanda’s tour operator with a wealth of local knowledge. I booked a 2 day trip in Kigali and my overall experience was awesome."
Thanks for reviewing us, and sharing your experience. Please consider our trips to other destinations ​around East Africa with your next holidays.
"My wife and I have visited Rwanda, Uganda, DR Congo, and Burundi with Augustine Tours on a 10-day tour that started from Kigali International airport and ended at Bujumbura International airport. The tour highlights were: Gorilla trekking in Bwindi NP, Nyiragongo Volcano trek, Canopy Walk in Nyungwe NP, Lake Tanganyika, and Gishora drummers. We've been always a little nervous about booking an African safari online but were fortunate enough to find a local company that made all work out perfectly. The communication was prompt and clear which gave us the confidence to book. They helped us with the Burundi visa. Our tour guide was very knowledgeable with excellent English. Throughout the whole trip, we felt very safe. Highly recommended for a truly personalized experience."
Thank you very much for your review and recommendation.
Designing a tailor-made tour for your trip through #Uganda, #Rwanda, #DRCongo, and #Burundi has been a pleasure for us. Happy to add you onto our satisfied clients' list.
"I had a fantastically organized trip to Rwanda for a solo traveler. It was made of wildlife and cultural activities. Augustine Tours was very helpful in planning a private tour based on my wants all within my budget. Even little details were carefully considered during the planning of my tour. My favorite parts of the tour were game drives in Akagera National Park and Volcanoes National Park for gorilla trekking. If I could take the tour again or recommend it, I would bring my friends along and add more activities in Rwanda and combine them with Uganda and Burundi."
Hi Rachel

thanks for reviewing us. We are glad that you found your Rwanda tour enjoyable. We look forward to organizing for you more tours in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, and Burundi.
"Augustine Tours was recommended to us by two friends of ours after a wonderful tour experience they had with the company back in 2015 as they were traveling through Rwanda and Uganda. I now want to share my personal experience and thank Augustine for being flexible in putting together a customized trip to Uganda, Rwanda, and Burundi. The provided tour package with travel tips translated their local expertise. Gorilla trekking in Rwanda was our top list. We also had two rewarding game drives in Queen Elizabeth and Akagera National Park. Our trip continued to Burundi where we visited the beautiful Lake Tanganyika and Gishora drum sanctuary a site that depicts the infectious Burundian culture. The whole journey(April 15-29,2019) was a memorable trip, and we happily recommend the company to anybody looking for a knowledgeable and trustworthy company."
Hi Dirk

many thanks for reviewing us. Taking you through Uganda, Rwanda, and Burundi has a great pleasure for us. We look forward to working with you again.
"Me and our husband had the best time of our lives on our last trip with Augustine Tours. It was very easy to book. Their team provided us with all the details we wanted to know.Highly reccomend!"
"A well organized tour of Rwanda, Uganda, and Burundi with a knowledgeable tour company. We had the most remarkable tailor-made tour with Augustine Tours. The whole process from the first contact, communication and tour planning was perfect. Not only we enjoyed our tour on every level but our guide was knowledgeable (something commendable) and that made our trip memorable. The 9-day tour which was a mix of two gorilla trekkings in Volcanoes National park and Bwindi National Park, game drives in Akagera and historical visits in Rwanda and Burundi translated what one could read on Augustine Tours website: "Whether we travel for business or vacation, there is always a sense of socio-economic or cultural exchange in one way or another. This is where a travel company like ours plays its role." Thanks, Augustine Tours for that beautiful exchange. You are a true pioneer! We definitely will always remember our time with your company!"
Hi Kirsten

Many thanks for reviewing us. Working with you on your trip has been pleasant. We can't wait to organize more trips for you.
"Great team at Augustine Tours, they were quick to respond to my query, easy to book and did not disappoint - highly recommend!"
Many thanks for your review!
"Augustine is a great travel planner and also tops in customer service. He responds quickly to my queries and came up with good suggestions for my time in Burundi. I had a great time with him in Burundi and would highly recommended his services."
Hi Wee-Cheng

Thanks for having chosen to travel to Burundi with us.
Exploring Burundi and discussing its tourism potential with you was a pleasure.
Many thanks for reviewing our services!
"Very quick booking, no hassle, very easy to use, would definitely recommend"
Many thanks for reviewing us.
Hi Matic

Many thanks for reviewing us.
Sharing your travel experience will surely help many considering overland trips to the region of Great Lakes, Rwanda and Burundi particularly.
Again, thanks for having chosen to travel with Augustine Tours.
"I came across Augustine Tours by accident, WE regularly visit Africa on business, and without doubt, they are the best. They offer tailored, bespoke tours, not available elsewhere, with great value for money! :)"
Hi Sal

Many thanks for your review. So happy that you found our assistance valuable.
"Me & my partner recently used Augustine Tours to plan our trip in Kenya and I am absolutely over the moon that we did! Absolutely everything from start to finish was amazing and exactly what we wanted! A brilliant team who really know what they're doing to provide exceptional tours!"
Hi Nicole

Many thanks for reviewing us. We look forward to welcoming you to Uganda, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Burundi for your next trips to Africa.
"We were very lucky to find this tour organizing company, who was able to set us up with a tailor-made tour of everything we wanted and needed to see on our rather short trip! Will always remember our time in Tanzania thanks to you!"
Hi Stefana

Lovely to hear we met your travel expectations with your Tanzania safari.
Many thanks for having chosen us.
We looking forward to assisting you again with your Africa tours in the near future.
"Today I finished my 2 day trip to Rwanda which I thoroughly enjoyed from Kigali city tour to Akagera game drive through commendable green hills!"
Hi Harry, thanks for reviewing us. So delighted that you enjoyed your Rwanda tour with us.
Augustine Tours is rated 4.93 based on 57 reviews