Cruise Direct Reviews

of reviewers recommend Cruise Direct

Tell us how Cruise Direct made you happy
We had a 2 night stay in Venice, then a 7 night cruise around the Mediterranean booked through cruise direct. The trip should have started in the 7th May 20 but was cancelled due to COVID.
It is now 4 months later and we have not received any kind of refund.
The company have sent me 2 emails to ask me to be Patient but I think 4 months is a wait too long.
No information given about our cruise in October. Balance is now due and want to speak to someone about options but phone lines closed and no one has replied to my messenger message or email as yet. Awful customer services in a very unsettling time for customers!
Still waiting 3 months later for promised refund for cancelled Cunard cruise. Not a damn word from them. Am issuing writ.
We had a cruise booked for 2nd June. I understand the difficult circumstances we are in but we have had no contact what so ever from this firm. No email/text/phone call. Don't use this company their customer service is shocking!!!!
We were very much looking forward to sailing on QM2 to the Norwegian Fjords in a couple of months time. However, due to COVID-19 we have cancelled and rebooked.
It took a couple of emails and a very helpful phone call with Cruise Direct to rebook a cruise to Norway later in 2021. Excellent service by Cruise Direct/Barrhead at Cumbria.
very helpful, excellent information,first time booking with this company shall certainly use them again
I have to admit I always book with Cruise Direct/Barrhead Travel. They offer a very personal experience as they know exactly what my cabin preferences are, so I never have noise above or below from kitchens, dining rooms bars etc. They always get me a good deal and overall make booking cruises the pleasurable activity it should be.
I always book with barrhead travel part of cruise direct they are based in Barrow in Furness I get great service with anyone you speak to but in particular Jamie, and before him Rob who I really miss. Jamie is excellent nothing is too much trouble you always get the best price with good discount and so pleasant I have 6 cruises booked over the next 18 months with him can't recommend enough.
Such great service couldn't have asked for any better. Jamie & Hayley helped with our booking and went above and beyond.

5* service will recommend to others as was very impressed with the level of service.

Thanks Guys!
The booking process by phone was easy and effective with a good helpful agent. Only issue so far: one of the emailed documents says clearly that travel docs have to be signed and returned, but gives no address. When I phoned to ask for an address I was told the docs need not be returned if they have been sent out by email. We had spent time printing, checking and signing - a little irritating!
Extremely pleased with company re: booking a cruise. I've never been on holiday abroad for many years and have never been on a cruise. Kirsty was so helpful and helped alleviate any concerns I had.
Have used Cruise Direct (Barrhead Travel) many times and have always dealt with Jamie. He is very professional, friendly and gives an excellent service. Never any problems.
Excellent friendly service
Kirsty did everything she could to tailor the holiday to our needs. I can’t thank her enough.
Brilliant service, efficient and friendly and much cheaper than anyone else I spoke to!
I found Cruise Direct very efficient. They made booking the holiday easy.
First time I have used Cruise Direct. I was very impressed with their efficient and professional attitude from booking the cruise to paying for it and I will most certainly use them again in the future.
They are extremely efficient in helping you find the right cruise. Emma Howarth helped us get everything that we needed for our next cruise next month and in 2020.
Terrific company......get the 'real deal' at Cruise Direct
We have booked a few cruises now with cruise direct and have found them very friendly and a pleasure to deal with. Special thanks to Rob who unfortunately has moved to pastures new, we were so sorry to lose him but Jamie has stepped up to the mark and I think we're going to have the same relationship. Many thanks cruise direct.
Cruise Direct is rated 4.32 based on 25 reviews