easyrentcars.com Reviews

5% of reviewers recommend easyrentcars.com

Tell us how easyrentcars.com made you happy

Email, Live Chat, Telephone
Over a week
"1) at the rental counter (Palm Beach, FL) I was told an additional driver would cost $12/day; the original “Terms and Conditions” stayed $5 2) they insisted that I had to pay additional liability insurance- in spite of the fact that my car insurance covers car rentals 3) the service was very slow and unprofessional 4) there was no paperwork (car registration, rental agreement) in the car; when I asked for it, I was told it would be emailed to me- it wasn’t; I insisted on getting a hard copy before leaving the office (which they were very unhappy about); the email NEVER came 5) upon return, the line was very long and the service extremely slow (like 30 mins per customer); after waiting for 40 mins, I had to insist on being taken to airport lest I miss my plane; since I never received sign-out paperwork or return of my deposit (supposed to be refunded), it remains to be seen what they will attempt to rip me off (based on other people’s reviews)"
Are you easyrentcars.com? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"I Collected a car at their Orlando depot. After a long flight we had to wait for a car to be cleaned which was the first inconvenience . I Checked the bodywork with their rep and took the car away undertaking the rest of our journey. 2 days later I noticed that both front tyres were virtually bald and most definitely illegal. Contacted the local office who did supply another vehicle which I had to collect resulting in a 2 hour round journey and the fuel cost. As a result of my complaint they offered 10% off my next hire with them. I would not recommend anyone use this company as they put my family’s safety at risk due to the vehicle not being road worthy."
"I reserved and prepaid a car from Easy Rental Car and when I arrived I was told my reservation was canceled. When I asked why, I was told that I was late picking up the car. I told the agent the plane was delayed because of weather. She stated that I should have called."
"This company is a scam! They need to be shut down. I reported them to the BBB and my credit card company."
"EasyRent is a scam. Save yourself a massive amount of stress and do not use them. The booking is only for show and you will be charged again when you pick it up. BE WARNED!!!"
"Scam. Arrived to the airport and found the office is outside the airport! And there was no car waiting for me. Even though I have prepaid for my rental car. I called the company, and very poor english speaking representative said that he will not refund my money. I asked for a manger, but I think the manager was in a meeting for an entire year! I have opened a dispute to Visa and daintily never ever renting from them again."
"You may get a cheap price but you'll pay for it if things don't go to plan. Had to return the car early and I not only did not get a refund but I had to pay a early return fee. Sometimes its worth paying that little bit extra through reputable companies. Also was unable to apply the $60 off coupon when making the booking online, the way the booking site is laid out there was no option but some other coupon. Then once I called up to ask why I didnt receive the $60 off coupon because there was already another applied... Sneaky"
"** DO NOT US THIS COMPANY** We booked a care in menorca through them and followed the instructions at the airport when we landed. We waited in line for over an hour and only to be told that easycare rental no longer had a desk there and she said we needed to go to the car park office. We walked to the car park and everything was shut up. We went back to the original desk and they had closed and no one was there to help us. We was stranded with no support as all the numbers provided did not work. I spoke to an online agent for over an hour and got nowhere. We had to pay 70 euro for a taxi. They did not at any point acknowledge that they had done anything wrong. It's been over a month and they have still refused to refund the money claiming it's been investigated. It's simple we did not get the hire car but you took our money. The worst company I have ever dealt with. Do not make the mistake of using them."
"I booked a car with EasyRentCars which was booked with Greem Motion Manchester Airport - UK and paid an advance of UK Pound 137.16. When I went to pickup the car at Green Motion, they refused to honour this booking making some excuse. The Green Motion Employee were extremely rude and intimidating. They only wanted me to take a car directly from Green Motion and told me to claim a refund from EasyRentCars. Green Motion refused to give in writing that they wopuld not honour my booking with EasyRentCars. I have sent in a number of e-mail request for EasyRentCars to refund my deposit but they have not responded. They have stolen my money."
"We booked a car rental to pick up in Pisa, Italy. When we got to the desk the company provided evidence that they had emailed EasyRent declining the booking as no cars were available. Stranded with no other option we booked the only other small car available in the airport based on agreement over the phone with Easy Rent that they would reimburse us. They are now refusing to pay despite us having an email from them agreeing they would reimburse us. We had booked the car for our wedding and honeymoon and are not over £1,000 out of pocket."
"DONT Use Easurentcars.com, most dishonest lowlife daylight thieves they set up this company to rip off customers and are not a car rental company they hide behind a search engine company who will take customers to their website and take your money, they don't have cars and renting rental cars from a company called APEX rental and if APEX does not have cars you never get any cars they took my money and say if we don't collect the car in 20 minutes money will be forfeited how pathetic this crooks are. Now we found who this crooks are where they operated from and we will teach them a bloody good lessen pretty soon and make every efforts to stop this crooks ripping off customers"
"Do not use!! They literally steal your money and you cannot get through to anyone on phone to claim it back. Took 80 quid off me for a hire car that did not turn up. Offered me an alternative hire car via live chat the next day for over 300 quid. Been over a month and they still refuse to give me my refund, advising me they are still investigating the complaint. It's simple. You didnt provide the hire car at the location and date paid for, so issue a refund for a service you did not provide!!! Refused to call me, only email me at 1am knowing I was asleep."
"customer service is the worst."
"Do not use EZU Car Rental. You will regret that you ever stepped in their office. I was charged NZ $1500 for damages already done previously to the car. (Front end scratch and hubcap scratch.) 3rd party insurance via EZRENTCARS wanted my drivers license number" social security number,pass port number, cc billing verification, and to top it all off your bank account number with swift code. So instead ofbeing gullible, I have contaceted my cc company to dispute the charges. I suggest to everyone who has been ripped bt EZU car rental to post your story via all social media and to also dispute the nefarious charges ASAP."
"Bad company with no service. I ordered a mid-sized SUV (Rav 4, Rogue) as we had 4 people and bags. They gave us a small SUV (Encore) which did not work for us. Now they have argued with me that the Encore is the same size as a Rav 4. Bad company with bad customer service. DO NOT use this company!"
"Bad company with no service. I ordered a mid-sized SUV (Rav 4, Rogue) as we had 4 people and bags. They gave us a small SUV (Encore) which did not work for us. Thedy even admitted they gave us a small SUV! Now they have argued with me that the Encore is the same size as a Rav 4. Bad company with bad customer service."
"Booked full size van on-line for a very good price, got a voucher, thought we are set. Not really. About 2 weeks later we were informed by email that there was a mistake and they changed our car to minivan or if we want the original car we have to re-book for 3 times the original price. After few emails, they finally changed the booking back to original car and indicated in the email that they will refund us the cost difference, after the rental is completed - I don't think I could trust them, so I canceled the reservation. Same as other said, no customer service to talk too."
"Do not rent from these guys. After I know I booked a 9 person van they sent me a voucher saying a 7 person van. When I called they assured me it was for a 9. I went to pick up in Switzerland and it was only a 7. They charged me $130 extra for the 9 person van. Terrible customer service. It’s also impossible to find a phone number to talk to any one. They only email or live chat"
"Their customer representatives will lie to you and their customer service will not take accountability. As an example, I rented a car and cancelled prior to the pick-up time. The representative told me i would get a full refund, thus i spent additional $ on alternative transportation. But later, not only did easyrentcars charge me a penalty fee, they also charged me for the entire rental. I reached out but they didnt assist. They really dont care if they rip you off."
"I wanted to rent a car at Schiphol airport and pick it up at the airport. When I searched for a car, Easyrentcars' website did not show that the pick-up was not at the airport, but instead at a place 25 minutes away, via a shuttle bus. I booked a car via them and when the confirmation came through a minute later, it showed that the pick-up was not at the airport. I phoned them within 5 minutes and asked if I can switch to another rental agency so I can pick-up the car at the airport. They flatly told me that because it was within 48-hours of when the rental period would start, I have to pay a $50 fine for the cancellation of the current car. As I rented the car WITHIN 48-hours of when I would pick-up the car, their 48-hours free cancellation policy was not even applicable! They refused in any way to help me get the $50 waived, even though I was prepared to immediately rent another car with them. The lady on the phone just repeated the phrase that because it was 48-hours before the rental started, I had to pay the $50, even though I explained that they did not show the pick-up was not at the airport or that I booked it within the 48-hour period. She did not even want me to speak to one of her superiors nor escalate it. I thus canceled the car and rented a car from Economycarrentals (they are excellent!) and even got a cancellation notice from Easyrentcars. Big was my surprise when Easyrentcars still billed me for the full amount of the car that I canceled and still have not returned the money after a week! This was some of the worst customer service I have ever experienced and then to have the audacity to still charge me for a car that I canceled is just incredible!"
easyrentcars.com is rated 1.20 based on 61 reviews