FabricLand Reviews

of reviewers recommend FabricLand

Tell us how FabricLand made you happy
More Photos & Videos
Ordered 3 m got 2.2 when I called they told me to prove it!
Won't be going back
Delivery is expensive compared to most (all!) other online fabric retailers
If you need fabric of any type or any sewing accessories, I highly recommend FabricLand. Ordering online is easy & the team are extremely efficient & send the order quickly. Currently, they are inundated with orders, but when I recently ordered fabric to make scrubs for NHS, I received my order within a week. Staff are friendly & helpful & I have never been disappointed with any fabric I have received.
When I called Fabric Land offices I said I was making stockings for Christmas and the lady on the phone said I wasn’t ordering the right fabric and recommended red and white faux fur fabric. When I received it I was really pleased with it but when I cut out and started to make the first stocking. I noticed that however hard I kept clearing the red fluff the white pieces were going “pink”. I did not have the time to get new material and start again. So I had to continue making them but it took excessive time as I had to cling film all the red pieces while I was sewing them.

The white fur cuffs have turned pink and also, despite my efforts with the cling film, my sewing machine has been stained pink on the bed of the machine and I have been unable to remove the dye.

I wrote to complain to the company and got this response.
“We sell fabric for people to use as they wish, you have put this fabric through another process therefore this makes you the manufacturer And all tests for suitability lies with you.”

Surely they recommended and supplied fabric that should have been fit for purpose ie to use it in a sewing project. When I replied I asked for the contact details for the director of Fabric Land and for the manufacturer of the fabric -they refused to give me the details.

I certainly won’t be dealing with this rude company again!
Order arrived really fast, top quality material, beautiful colours, bargain prices, would highly recommend this company.
Very disappointed by the bad customer service offered by Fabricland. I was missing 10m of material from the 2 rolls I ordered from them (amongst other things). Obviously mistakes happen, and although it meant some last minute stress reconfiguring the amount and length of drapes for our wedding, I would not be writing this negative review if it weren't for the way that they dealt with my complaint. They basically took the attitude that I must be lying as I couldn't prove we were 10m short. 'Proof' would have been taking a photo of a scrappy bit of masking tape with a '20m' handwritten on it at the top of the roll. This does not seem a reasonable request, given that of course you assume you have the right amount of material and don't think to keep a bit of masking tape as evidence?! And why would I bother lying about 10m of cheap material anyway? Although I haven't lost a huge amount of money, it's the principle that I have now paid for material I never received from them. And basically been accused of lying in the process! Bad form Fabricland. You've just landed the honour of being my very first (and hopefully last) negative review.
Purchased some fabric after receiving a sample. The sample appeared to be what I wanted, a plain fabric and this is how the fabric was described on the website. After receiving the fabric I found it had a distinct pattern to it which was not evident at all on the sample.

Emailed Fabric Land and received a short abrupt response saying the fabric couldn't be returned as it was a cut length. All further emails to them have been ignored.

This is the worst customer service I've experienced from online purchasing and if I could give this company zero stars I would.

Avoid Fabric Land, products sent are not as described and you will get nowhere if you complain about this. There are plenty of fabric shops out there who offer value and excellent service and are miles better than Fabricland
high-quality product, I only buy faux fur from them and it`s just better than I thought
samples. Do not expect photo and description of colour to be right. Long story short...i did not get colour advertised. I was told by manager i could reorder and have collection n delivery ..this would be £6.95. They then back tracked and said £24. Rip off. Now im stuck with 10metres of material i cant use. Service is a joke.
Always fantastic service. Absolutely brilliant customer service after the delivery company delivered to the wrong address.
A lovely shop run on old style service. The staff were so helpful and assisted me in both choosing suitable patterns and fabric. Not only that but they stock a huge range of reasonably priced fabric and all the haberdashery you could ever need!
FabricLand is rated 3.00 based on 10 reviews