Founder Shield Reviews

of reviewers recommend Founder Shield
Read Founder Shield Reviews

About Founder Shield:

Founder Shield is an insurance brokerage focused on providing scalable risk management solutions to venture-backed companies. Founder Shield is the leading insurance brokerage for venture-backed startups with thousands of clients worldwide that have collectively raised billions in funding.

We’re on a mission to take a broken and confusing experience and create the most seamless and informative insurance purchasing process available.

info@foundershield.com

119 W 24th St, 4th Floor

Tell us how Founder Shield made you happy
Founder Shield helped us through the process of determining what insurance policies we need and how much coverage we need. As a bootstrapped startup, that sort of expertise was invaluable. They demystified the insurance buying process.
The team I worked with did a great job of putting my company's needs first and really went out of their way to help me understand the risks and benefits of various options we had to choose from.
Our organization used Foundershield to write a Directors & Officer's Policy in 2018. It was simple enough to get the application going and pay for the policy. We got the policy (1025/18 to 10/25/19). In August I submitted information for the renewal of my policy. My policy expires this week! To this date (10/21) I have not gotten any information on my renewal. I have called the agent (Michael Fuchs) so many times I cannot count. He has returned only a few of my calls and the explanation I get is that the carrier hasn't gotten back to them. I have spoken with another gentleman, Ralph, where I explained my situation as I was trying to reach Michael and not successful. He told me to contact him any time to help if I couldn't get my situation resolved. Have called Ralph and the office took a detailed message stating they would give it to Ralph. Waiting for a response. I have tried calling the company that holds our insurance policy but am told that I have to go thru the agent. The agent (who is not Foundershield - I guess Foundershield is a broker) does not answer their phone. So I am sitting here wondering how I am supposed to find out if I have insurance for our organization or not. If this is how Foundershield operates, then stay away! If this is truly an issue that Foundershield is having with an agent, then probably also stay away because they have agents that are non-responsive. I am hoping this gets resolved. Otherwise i will be finding another agency. This is more work than it should be.....and the service is NOT good.
I was referred to Founder Shield by a friend who works with technology-based startups as I do. I have found working with bricks and mortar companies to be a pain - find one, go meet with them, sometimes several times, telephone calls, and then signing. Founder Shield was simple - go to the website, fill out the form, get a quote quickly, pay and Voila - you are insured. I need a highly rated insurer and they delivered. Could not be simpler. I highly recommend Founder Shield.
I have used the FounderShield team at two different companies over the course of the past several years. I have found them to be knowledgeable, trustworthy, and responsive. From straightforward renewals to solving for complex problems, FounderShield has been collaborative partners every step of the way.
The response, attention and professionalism from the Founder Shield team is impressive. The guidance they provide from initial requests through locking in coverage and answering all the questions we ask along the way is a great fit for our needs.
FS is on top of their industry, knows what we as clients need, and helps push things through.
Working with Foundershield makes managing insurance fun! The team is super hands-on, incredibly customer-centric and always a delight to work with. Additionally, their platform makes the renewal process super efficient and seamless. The team feels like an extension of our own, always keeping an eye out for our company’s best interests. I can’t recommend them enough. Thank you!
Foundershield is an extremely efficient way to manage your corporate insurance. Not only that but I have found their rates to be very competitive. I particularly love how easy the renewals are and that you only need to update, rather than provide reams of information again.
Good rates, good service. Simple and straightforward. Not sure how it could be better, honestly.
The Founder Shield team is undeniable a wonderful and very support partner. Not only are they 100% devoted to your company and insuring compliance, they provide continuously guidance as we are not experts in the insurance field. They work around the clock collaboratively and we appreciate all that they do for us. Rachel Jenkins is our dedicated account manager and she is extraordinary – I have never met a partner who goes above and beyond like she does to ensure all of our needs are met!
In general, responsiveness to current issues is A+. Also, ability to quickly provide workable solutions to problems is A+. Not yet rating VERY GOOD due to the fact that one big issue was a combo of FS and company inattention. Had FS been on the ball, there would have been no problem. In the end though, I've been a CFO for over 20 years and FS is far more efficient to deal with than either local agencies or the large national brokers.
Founder Shield provides access as a brokerage to important insurance for startups. Staff is helpful in providing information about policies and the paperwork side is clear and responsive. Business insurance is not fun, however, you have to have it. Founder Shield a) helps you figure out what you need, b) finds and offers you alternatives, c) guides you through the complexities, d) helps you feel confident about your decisions, e) gets you signed up, and f) coordinates the billing.
Founder Shield is our "Knight in shining armor!" When applying for insurance through any other platform, one is sure to tap out. It is the most daunting, awful, archaic experience one can go through. Fortunately, I was connected with FS and not only have I saved time, headaches and money, but we have also received great coverage. The whole team is always there for us for any questions/concerns we have.
Great service and support
The team is always helpful, quick to respond, and helps resolve any issues. Friendly staff - love working with Jenny!
Fast and attentive service. Always there to help with my questions and make sure we get the right coverage. Highly recommend!
Huge fan. Always outstanding service and excellent prices. Thank you guys!
Founder shield makes the insurance process easy and ensures you get the best coverage for your needs!
Founder Shield makes getting insurance policies fast and easy. I trust the team to help me make the best insurance decisions for my company. I've dealt with traditional brokers and it's a hassle, not to mention that everything is done on paper. I've recommended Founder Shield to my friends in the past and I plan on doing so in the future.
Founder Shield is rated 4.82 based on 34 reviews