The Co-operative Insurance Reviews

C-
Happiness Grade

The Co-operative Insurance have a Customer Happiness Grade of C-. Customers love their customer service but are unhappy with their refunds.

E

Refunds - Difficult

40.00%
Industry Average
I had a non fault accident in December 2019. Because I didn't take their courtesy car, they asked me to pay £150 excess when delivering my car after repair. I am still waiting for my refund. When calling them, it takes an hour or longer to get through to customer service. Bad service and would not advise anyone to get your car insured by Coop Eco insurance. It's better to pay a little higher than having so much of hassles.
- RISHIDEO BOOJHAWON
On pressing them, they told me that I could hire a car and they *may* be able to refund it.
- Lynne E
Bought Co-Op insurance and paid a £160 deposit. Cancelled it literally just 6 days later before it started and still had to pay £35 admin fee. What is that £35 for? Any other place just gives a full refund, as they haven't provided any kind of service. Such a scam.
- Kevin Conway
77.78%
Industry Average
Excellent Service. Would recommend to family and friends.
- Peter Piper
I've been very pleased with the service I've had so far. I contacted them by telephone when I changed my car and everything was sorted out within 10 minutes.
- Anonymous
Very impressed with the service of Co-op Car Insurance and (subject to renewal quote!) will use the company again. However, their recommended repairers are not always nearby and if not using them a higher excess is levied. In my case, living in Brighton, their repairers were a good hours drive away.
- Anonymous