The Co-operative Insurance Reviews

of reviewers recommend The Co-operative Insurance
Telephone, Email, Live Chat
Over A Week

Tell us how The Co-operative Insurance made you happy
I woke up this morning to a cancelled policy (My fault) in absolute panic I called them bang on 8am and spoke with a Gentleman called DAVID in the payments department. I explained my situation to him and he carefully listened. We resolved my issue within 30 minutes no fuss at all which meant I got to the school run just on time, we put a new policy in place and all the while I kept thinking this is going to now cost me a fortune - It did not. I was going to leave Co-op 2 months ago when renewal was due but I stayed because customer service has always been fantastic. David, today you have no idea that what you did meant so much. Most people in that position would have taken advantage of my c*ck up. Thank you from the bottom of my heart and I can assure you I am NEVER leaving co-op because of the kindness and non judgemental approach you took today!!! The entire team have always been great! So thank you all.
I explained the accident (and later sent video footage) and l was told the accident appeared to be the other driver's fault
(Car Insurance) - Posted 5 days ago
Upon being disgusted by my renewal quotation for the coming year, I thought I would let Go Compare do the tedious task to find me the Best Value Insurer for my Honda. Three minutes later POW ! Co Op insurance won me hands down with their No Nonsense Quotation WITH Breakdown cover included ! I was just like the Opera singer, OH YEAH GO COMPARE ! Best deal by far, well done both companies, who knows they may beat all at renewal time, I hope so.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 week ago
I wanted to know where I had my car insured I made 3-4 calls and still I can’t find my insurance
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 weeks ago
Easy and fast to set up...no hassle or hidden charges.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
So far. So good
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
Easy to use and understand.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
Excellent service from them. Had a no fault accident last month and they were excellent with support and sorting out solicitors getting fixed and all! Well done Co op!
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 months ago
We have been with the co-op insurance… We have been with the co-op insurance for many years, we have currently a car insurance, and a camper van which we purchased last year. The insurance ran out on the 16th Aug, but we had not received a renewal notice. I called today to renew, and was told as the policy had lapsed I had to start the process as if it was a new policy, I queried why when they had all our details . Also I stated that we had never received the documents so not really our fault. After going through all the normal questions which took over half an hour , only to be told that they would no longer insure us. I asked to be put through to a manager as the chap could not give me an explanation as to why they would no longer honor the quote. I would imagine I was on the phone for well over half an hour, when he eventually came back to me, he still couldn't give me a reason as to why they are now refusing to offer us insurance, and that a manager would could me back within 24 - 48 hours, which is not acceptable as this would leave my van un insured. I doubt very much the renewal notice was ever sent out as they do not want our business, shame on the co-op their good name has gone down the pan, I will not use them again, and when my car insurance is due for renewal I will go elsewhere.
Until 2020 they were good. They've changed underwriters now and are awful. Renewal letter 1 was +60% increase. Renewal letter 2 was 18% lower than letter 1 (guess they're haemorrhaging customers). Called to "see what they can do" and it was +158% of the previous year (no change in policy except INCREASING excess). These guys can't do customer service, but worryingly it seems they can't even do basic math either
I haven't any accident until now Can say that price is very low and easy to pay
(Car Insurance) - Posted 4 months ago
all ok.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 4 months ago
I'm more than happy with the service you provided
(Car Insurance) - Posted 5 months ago
I guarantee you won’t find a worse insurance policy. They force you to have a black box, which they then make you pay £90 to have it removed. Also it punishes you EXTREMELY harshly; the price of your policy is constantly increased and it includes a curfew. There lenience is pathetic, I started working night shifts during my time and they refused to make a change to my policy and just continued to lower my score and increasing the price of my policy. There customer service is horrendous, it’s like talking to a brick wall. They may as well be scammers. They don’t care about your safety or well being. Their goal is money and that’s all they consider.
The co-op were very efficient, friendly and professional. Would recommend. Might have a different view when I get my renewal.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 5 months ago
Trouble free policy. Efficient provider in terms of document delivery. Overall very good experience.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 6 months ago
So far so good, appears to be what is claimed, good buy.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 6 months ago
absolutely waste of space. They wrote my car off and when I wanted to negotiate the price to market value they sent my query without informing me to theier so called complaint department. They even gave me less than the price book for identical car. Avoid at any cost
Hi I have car insurance with you. Tho because of Colvin 19 I’ve hardly used my car. So I hope my renewal price for my car insurance won’t go up but comes down......Eric
(Car Insurance) - Posted 6 months ago
When ive rang up during covid fantastic customer service still and information provided and very easy to get through to aswell
The Co-operative Insurance is rated 3.59 based on 651 reviews