The Co-operative Insurance Reviews

of reviewers recommend The Co-operative Insurance
Telephone, Email, Live Chat
Over a week

Tell us how The Co-operative Insurance made you happy
(only JPEG and PNG files) (Optional)
There very good & have knowledgeable service members
(Car Insurance) - Posted 6 days ago
Text today to say my car insurance expired yesterday. No letter or email before today to remind me and no renewal price. Rang them - told could no offer renewal but could not explain why. No change to my details or the car. We’re happy to insure me and my car last year but not now. Have had to go elsewhere which has actually turned out a lot cheaper. Very poor service from Co-op
I was in a non fault accident and it took over a year for them to sort everything meaning when it come to my renewal because it hadn’t been determined as non fault yet I lost my years no claims until it was resolved making my premium higher. The engineers who fitted the black box broke my glove box which now is costing me to have repaired as I haven’t been able to get hold of anyone for 2 weeks now with the automated message telling me to call back later every time I’ve tried. I’m also paying more than double each month when another company is cheaper without a black box.
The claim is taking a long time to be resolved utvstiklnisnt resolved after morevtgan 2 months and I have had to pay the excess and am still waiting for an outcome to get my money refunded
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 week ago
I had a no fault claim in which there was no cost to me the other vehicle was at fault but very minor damage to my car, so it was no point in claiming off the other parties insurance. They where really good at keeping in touch with me plus ensuring me that everything would be taken care of by them. The service is excellent.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 week ago
The WORST insurance company I have ever used. They are willing and eager to take your premium but when you need to make a claim and are pointed to the t&C's and their incomprehensible interpretation of them and told 'you get what you pay for' by a smug belligerent advisor you know you have been mugged. Avoid at all costs.
Very good I only left as they don't insurance group 41 but was cheap on last policy will us again
N/A
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 weeks ago
The absolute worst insurance provider I have ever come across. My wife insured her car with CIS, unfortunately had an accident & they messed up the claim. Somehow they managed to keep on record contact details from an old out of date policy from over 19 years ago, which delayed our claim by weeks. Surely these records should of been deleted under GDPR Laws!! A good company as long as you never have to make a claim on your policy.
Since being with the co-op insurance I have had nothing but the best when I phone each month to pay my car insurance everyone as been polite and very professional in there manner and I would reccomend them to my friends.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 weeks ago
DO NOT USE. My car was hit whilst stationary and they disputed my claim and took me to court!!!!!! Fraudulent company please don't make the same mistake we did. Use another company please!
My car was written off after the floods in Yorkshire last year. Co-op Eco Insurance paid out on the claim no problem, and everything was handled very well. However... Co-op eco insurance only has ONE underwriter, and they decided they wouldn't insure my new car. I was forced to take out another policy with a good insurer, and when I called to cancel the policy, I was told that because no-one else was involved, the floods were my fault! (I also control the wind, fire, and other natural elements). As river's overflowing were MY fault and they paid out, they are now forcing me to pay the remaining time left on the policy. They were happy to move the policy to another car they would insure, but because they wouldn't insure my new car, they're making me pay. I would highly recommend them when things are going good, but we all buy car insurance for the times when things are going bad - that's where they are pathetic. Do not put yourself through it because a meerkat told you too. Co-op Eco Insurance will cost you. Not recommended at all, and very disappointed.
Best I have ever had no worries no problems
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 weeks ago
Can't complain in any way here, had no problems at all getting this policy, the cheapest quote from all the other online quotes I received.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 weeks ago
All I can say is when a car went into the back of us in Oct.2019 you helped us all the way staff so helpful and friendly thank you
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 weeks ago
This insurance provides all I need as a pensioner living on a pension.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 weeks ago
Poor customer services with frequent changes of quotations for the same car with same cover, difficult to communicate with at least a couple of staff . Very much disappointed.
Best insurance l have ever had, quick courtesy car and fantastic service.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
Great value. Easy monthly payments also been good communication and highly recommended
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
This company would only provide you with 9 years NCP proof despite you have more than 9 years. If you have a lot of years NCP, they will change it back to 9 years once you have done with them. I don’t know what to say, they said it’s simply down to their policies, most bizarre things I ever heard. Insurers will invalidate your policies if there is a tiny piece of inaccurate information you provided to them but in terms of NCP, it’s OK for them to round down from 20 years to 9 years? It’s a joke.
The Co-operative Insurance is rated 3.57 based on 557 reviews