The Co-operative Insurance Reviews

of reviewers recommend The Co-operative Insurance
Telephone, Email, Live Chat
Over A Week

Tell us how The Co-operative Insurance made you happy
This has to be the worst insurance company i have ever dealt with. My wife spent 40 minutes on the phone trying to pay the renewal and amend certain details. The person she spoke to went to talk to his boss twice and never came back!, We got a quote from Esure and saved money for the same amount of cover. I have to say that we had a similar bad experience dealing with the Co-operative Bank a few weeks ago. Will not use any Co-operative company again.
Terrible company stay away and Use another company. Taken 3yrs to sort out my claim and still not sorted. They have left the house in a state and will not finish the works as they say the work they've done is up to standard. I have a crack in the centre of my wall the staircase is a mess and even after an independent structural surveyor recommend the works to be redone they have argued it. I'm now in process of going to the Ombudsman and taking them to court for the costs and to complete the works. So if you don't want to wreck your house and spend your own money putting it right then stay away. I would give minus stars if I could.
Been with them 20 years now new company took over 400 pound increase stay away from this dreadful company
Shocking customer care - ridicule you when asking for details of how to claim. . Three weeks down the line and still waiting for copy of ‘small print’ they are referring to when saying “like for like” is not ‘same as what you had’ actually means the cheapest same spec they can find. Please call and ask them what like for like means as it is not what the normal person would interpret it as. Asus £500 laptop, co-op ‘like for like’ is £300 and not Asus. 4 weeks down the line and still not reimbursed and this is at a time for home schooling when we need the laptop. Circa 5 day turn around for email response. Hard copy documents only? In 2021? Quick enough to take the money for their premium insurance yet it’s been far from premium. I am purposely sharing to let people know how poor I feel their service is. Advised excess for personal claim was £300, it was actually £50...seemed a little misleading. If cyclical one could assume that was not an accident that they provided that misleading info to put me off making the claim - but perhaps it was a genuine accident by an ill informed employee?
Worst company that i ever have to deal with... I am still waiting for my refund after they took a payment mistakenly. It's been a month now. Im glad i never had to make a claim with them.
Absolutiy disgusted. After being with the ccop since 1985 either with my own policy or a named driver on my husband's policy. I have never had a driving conviction. One small claim in 35 years I rang yesterday for a new quote and was refused absolutely disgusting. Glad to take my business elsewhere. Marlene Fox
Awful not only did they fail to take my insurance money from my bank account for whatever reason they blamed me said I must have been stopping the direct debits?? Why on earth would I do that when I’d just got a new car and needed the insurance as I’m not one to break the law and drive round and be a bloody fool, I’m a grown woman and know right from wrong... tried to sort it to no avail then in the last phone conversation they said they hadn’t taken my money again from my bank so I’d been driving around without insurance only to try and convince me they would of paid out if I had a prang??? Can’t see that some how. Then asked for some money to clear my arrears which wasn’t my fault of which I changed my insurance over to a new company and have had no trouble at all
(Car Insurance) - Posted 4 months ago
WORST CAR INSURANCE COMPANY EVER. I WOULDNT RATE IT EVEN 1 * DONT USE THIS COMPANY UNLESS YOU WANT YOUR CAR TAKEN BY POLICE.!!!!
NOT a Good company to have car insurance with as I had to isolate on several occasions for the safety of my family and colleagues was met with certain delays on my direct debits and as.m a Consequence was charged a fee even though the covid virus was the reason for the delay and I had informed the company
(Car Insurance) - Posted 5 months ago
If I could put negative stars on this post I would. DO NOT use them they are a rip off. I placed a claim after a vehicle accident which wrote off my car just to be told that my insurance was void because even though the V5 had been changed to state a colour change had been done to the car I had not informed them when I took out the policy( mid July during the first lockdown) then went to customer relations to deal to be told the same rubbish by a company yes man. So no going to financial ombudsman for mediation. Don't use them they are diabolical.
No stars if I could. Now more than four months since I claimed on the travel insurance, many email and phone reminders and no response whatsoever. Over a month ago I asked to be referred to the Insurance Ombudsman and still have had no response. All this for a straightforward trip cancellation due to Covid 19, for which I have cover as I bought the policy in February
Car had catalytic converter stolen...claimed a garage would provide a courtesy car and repair my car with 150 quid to pay excess...no garage ever rang no courtesy car...trying to get local garage to fix...feel let down by the whole process loads of nice words by call handler..reality nothing happens
They Need to clarify on thier website that if you change your car they will cancel your insurance and charge a large fee. Never will i take insurance with these again
I had a non fault accident in December 2019. Because I didn't take their courtesy car, they asked me to pay £150 excess when delivering my car after repair. I am still waiting for my refund. When calling them, it takes an hour or longer to get through to customer service. Bad service and would not advise anyone to get your car insured by Coop Eco insurance. It's better to pay a little higher than having so much of hassles.
Text today to say my car insurance expired yesterday. No letter or email before today to remind me and no renewal price. Rang them - told could no offer renewal but could not explain why. No change to my details or the car. We’re happy to insure me and my car last year but not now. Have had to go elsewhere which has actually turned out a lot cheaper. Very poor service from Co-op
I was in a non fault accident and it took over a year for them to sort everything meaning when it come to my renewal because it hadn’t been determined as non fault yet I lost my years no claims until it was resolved making my premium higher. The engineers who fitted the black box broke my glove box which now is costing me to have repaired as I haven’t been able to get hold of anyone for 2 weeks now with the automated message telling me to call back later every time I’ve tried. I’m also paying more than double each month when another company is cheaper without a black box.
The WORST insurance company I have ever used. They are willing and eager to take your premium but when you need to make a claim and are pointed to the t&C's and their incomprehensible interpretation of them and told 'you get what you pay for' by a smug belligerent advisor you know you have been mugged. Avoid at all costs.
The absolute worst insurance provider I have ever come across. My wife insured her car with CIS, unfortunately had an accident & they messed up the claim. Somehow they managed to keep on record contact details from an old out of date policy from over 19 years ago, which delayed our claim by weeks. Surely these records should of been deleted under GDPR Laws!! A good company as long as you never have to make a claim on your policy.
DO NOT USE. My car was hit whilst stationary and they disputed my claim and took me to court!!!!!! Fraudulent company please don't make the same mistake we did. Use another company please!
My car was written off after the floods in Yorkshire last year. Co-op Eco Insurance paid out on the claim no problem, and everything was handled very well. However... Co-op eco insurance only has ONE underwriter, and they decided they wouldn't insure my new car. I was forced to take out another policy with a good insurer, and when I called to cancel the policy, I was told that because no-one else was involved, the floods were my fault! (I also control the wind, fire, and other natural elements). As river's overflowing were MY fault and they paid out, they are now forcing me to pay the remaining time left on the policy. They were happy to move the policy to another car they would insure, but because they wouldn't insure my new car, they're making me pay. I would highly recommend them when things are going good, but we all buy car insurance for the times when things are going bad - that's where they are pathetic. Do not put yourself through it because a meerkat told you too. Co-op Eco Insurance will cost you. Not recommended at all, and very disappointed.
The Co-operative Insurance is rated 3.58 based on 630 reviews