The Co-operative Insurance Reviews

of reviewers recommend The Co-operative Insurance
Telephone, Email, Live Chat
Over A Week

Tell us how The Co-operative Insurance made you happy
No stars if I could. Now more than four months since I claimed on the travel insurance, many email and phone reminders and no response whatsoever. Over a month ago I asked to be referred to the Insurance Ombudsman and still have had no response. All this for a straightforward trip cancellation due to Covid 19, for which I have cover as I bought the policy in February
Car had catalytic converter stolen...claimed a garage would provide a courtesy car and repair my car with 150 quid to pay excess...no garage ever rang no courtesy car...trying to get local garage to fix...feel let down by the whole process loads of nice words by call handler..reality nothing happens
They Need to clarify on thier website that if you change your car they will cancel your insurance and charge a large fee. Never will i take insurance with these again
I had a non fault accident in December 2019. Because I didn't take their courtesy car, they asked me to pay £150 excess when delivering my car after repair. I am still waiting for my refund. When calling them, it takes an hour or longer to get through to customer service. Bad service and would not advise anyone to get your car insured by Coop Eco insurance. It's better to pay a little higher than having so much of hassles.
Text today to say my car insurance expired yesterday. No letter or email before today to remind me and no renewal price. Rang them - told could no offer renewal but could not explain why. No change to my details or the car. We’re happy to insure me and my car last year but not now. Have had to go elsewhere which has actually turned out a lot cheaper. Very poor service from Co-op
I was in a non fault accident and it took over a year for them to sort everything meaning when it come to my renewal because it hadn’t been determined as non fault yet I lost my years no claims until it was resolved making my premium higher. The engineers who fitted the black box broke my glove box which now is costing me to have repaired as I haven’t been able to get hold of anyone for 2 weeks now with the automated message telling me to call back later every time I’ve tried. I’m also paying more than double each month when another company is cheaper without a black box.
The WORST insurance company I have ever used. They are willing and eager to take your premium but when you need to make a claim and are pointed to the t&C's and their incomprehensible interpretation of them and told 'you get what you pay for' by a smug belligerent advisor you know you have been mugged. Avoid at all costs.
The absolute worst insurance provider I have ever come across.
My wife insured her car with CIS, unfortunately had an accident & they messed up the claim.
Somehow they managed to keep on record contact details from an old out of date policy from over 19 years ago, which delayed our claim by weeks.
Surely these records should of been deleted under GDPR Laws!!
A good company as long as you never have to make a claim on your policy.
DO NOT USE. My car was hit whilst stationary and they disputed my claim and took me to court!!!!!! Fraudulent company please don't make the same mistake we did. Use another company please!
My car was written off after the floods in Yorkshire last year. Co-op Eco Insurance paid out on the claim no problem, and everything was handled very well. However...

Co-op eco insurance only has ONE underwriter, and they decided they wouldn't insure my new car. I was forced to take out another policy with a good insurer, and when I called to cancel the policy, I was told that because no-one else was involved, the floods were my fault! (I also control the wind, fire, and other natural elements).

As river's overflowing were MY fault and they paid out, they are now forcing me to pay the remaining time left on the policy. They were happy to move the policy to another car they would insure, but because they wouldn't insure my new car, they're making me pay.

I would highly recommend them when things are going good, but we all buy car insurance for the times when things are going bad - that's where they are pathetic.

Do not put yourself through it because a meerkat told you too. Co-op Eco Insurance will cost you. Not recommended at all, and very disappointed.
Poor customer services with frequent changes of quotations for the same car with same cover, difficult to communicate with at least a couple of staff . Very much disappointed.
This company would only provide you with 9 years NCP proof despite you have more than 9 years. If you have a lot of years NCP, they will change it back to 9 years once you have done with them. I don’t know what to say, they said it’s simply down to their policies, most bizarre things I ever heard. Insurers will invalidate your policies if there is a tiny piece of inaccurate information you provided to them but in terms of NCP, it’s OK for them to round down from 20 years to 9 years? It’s a joke.
This company insured me then uninsured me . the to add insult to injury told me that they would not insure me anyway. presumably because of my age. A very unhappy experience and I will never use this company again
(Car Insurance) - Posted 8 months ago
Rubbish - had an accident on Friday, you can’t contact them until Monday! No good if you have a job and need a courtesy car!
I write this on 30.1.20, had my car stolen 18.12.19, I’m still being messed about with inane questioning regarding the theft which was reported immediately to police, car found miles away in Doncaster. I’ve had no vehicle all this time!! Do not use COOP Insurance, u will regret it if you have to make a claim. They’re only interested in taking your money. Customer care is atrocious.
A person drove into my car ..she is with the co op.. that's where my nightmare started and their 3 party partner Sedgwick. Between them it's hard work my car needs too new doors they said we replace one door and repair the other ..
How can that be want to use filler on the door it had filler in before..
If I could of rated them o I would have..Do not use co.op group of company's for anything they don't care for anything other than money.. customer service nil..
Martin
I had hit a bollard on my rear right wheel arch, this caused my side air bags to deploy on that side. The car failed to start as a result and blocked part of a road. Co Op were unable to get someone to rescue me and I ended up using my own time and money to recover the car to my workplace. Nearly a week later Co Op are still dealing with the claim and no one has yet seen the car yet. Really hopeless customer service so far, which has taken 4 phone calls over 3 days, my car was left in a dangerous spot for over 12 hours causing a hazard to traffic. I cannot wish my worst enemy to experience the appaling customer service and response time from Co Op.
The Co-op & there Many sub contractors cancelled our Premier Inn room and sent our family of 3 BACK to our Biohazard of a home when mh 9 year old son has Asthma & was having a tooth extracted the next day!! No 'like for like' couple of rooms fir a family to survive in, NO a small family room, which they then telephoned us at 10:26an yesterday and told us to categorically 'leave the Premier Inn' and go BACK to our home where we are forbidden from using the toilets And told NOT to use the running water!! Avoid this company and ALL their subcontractors like the plague!! Have had monstrous treatment ftom them, no empathy whatsoever, will take this to The Financial Ombudsman their 'remedial work' if its not done to THE highest standards, so should you. Be warned.
If I there was an option for 0 star that's what I would give Co-op car insurance. The best advise I would give you is to stay away no stress trying to sort out problems making phone calls to them. They do not care just want your money . I received a call from them yesterday threating to sell my private reg after my car was writen off now is that rigth. I reg belongs to me the engeer who call was so rude and very upsetting for me after 1 year they have not assisted me to obtain my private reg back. DO NOT TAKE OUT CAR INSURANCE WITH THEM .
They tell you lie after lie been messed about in the last 3 weeks told lies they even told AA insurance lies and they had it recorded so I have proof of this don’t buy car insurance from them
The Co-operative Insurance is rated 3.60 based on 601 reviews