Gotogate Reviews

17% of reviewers recommend Gotogate
9PM
9PM

Tell us how Gotogate made you happy

"Awful awful customer service - will never use again and advice all others to stay away. First I book a ticket with them. A change is made by the Airline I am flying with. I send a request to Gotogate to ask if I can change my reservation because of it. They say they can't do anything until I buy a 25USD service package. I buy it and ask that they check if I can make a change. Now they come back to me and tell me they can't make a change unless I pay 120USD + any airline fee's (I can basically book a new flight for 130 USD). So I call the airline directly to ask if I can change my ticket. The Airline is about to make the change free of charge but then notices that it's booked through Gotogate and she says she can't change it. I try calling Gotogate and follow the phone instructions. Two times I get told that I am not calling the right person and need to select a different option. That I need to speak with the customer service department because there are charges involved (which would have been free if I booked directly with the airline). When I finally select the right option I have been waiting for over 20 minutes on the phone. Phone keeps saying if you can't wait you can contact us by email while all my emails say I have to contact them by phone to make the change. Pretty f-ing stupid customer support. I am guessing I will have to buy a new ticket as I am not even getting through to make a change."
Are you Gotogate? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Gotogate receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"Very negative experience. Their 'Flexible ticket' offer is nothing but SCAM. When purchasing 'flexible' ticket, you supposed to be able to change dates of the flights which was what I needed. First, to make a change you have to call them and the wait time is insane. And of course they are not be helpful. I was offered to pay a fare 'difference' which was equal to the price of the new fair. As a result, I lost the return ticket. When emailing, they were continuously denying the fact that it is unreasonable that the difference cannot be equal to the price of the fare. Overall, DO NO RECOMMEND. Highly recommend to consider other dealers"
"Let me share my experience! they do whatever they can to charge you... They changed my email that I gave them during the booking to their own system generated email so they block me from contacting the airline directly so they can charge me again for customer service. they are unreliable and very difficult to deal with. If anyone hasn't booked with them yet, try to avoid them at all cost"
"I booked a return flight to and from Russia from England. The price was good and it was easy enough to use. Unfortunately I received notification that my return flight had been cancelled about a week before I was due to set off. I had booked the tickets about a month in advance. So then I had to find a new ticket (with a different company) The return flight was with the airline Atlas Global. When I checked on the Atlas Global website it said that there was no such flight. I don't know if it never existed or if the airline simply changed their mind. I was never able to find out. I would not particularly have been bothered by this as it worked out okay and I just paid for a new return ticket. HOWEVER, Gotogate said that they will give me a refund for the return flight and that it will take 2-8 weeks due to administrative reasons. Now if you are not going to deliver what the person paid for you should simply give the money back right away. There is no logical reason it should take so long. It has been 4 weeks now and I have not got the money back yet... I hope I do. In regards to customer service. I get quite exasperated that every time I e-mail them I get a response from some completely new person. The answers also seem quite "cut and paste". I did also call the company and got through very quickly to an Indian gentleman who was kind and polite and answered my questions. I should add that I got on the outbound flight without any problems and this was totally fine."
"Website easy to use flight prices excellent and car hire best and cheapest around for Faro"
Gotogate is rated 2.00 based on 6 reviews