Grumpy But Gorgeous Reviews

40% of reviewers recommend Grumpy But Gorgeous

About Grumpy But Gorgeous: Grumpy But Gorgeous pamper parties and spa parties is a children's birthday party and event company based in London.

Grumpy But Gorgeous provides pampering, beauty, spa and makeover parties in homes and venues throughout London and the UK.

02032392026

bookings@grumpybutgorgeous.com

67-68 Hatton Garden

Tell us how Grumpy But Gorgeous made you happy

"Very bad service and manners. Cheap party supplies. Robes smells bad. When I complained the woman was not even open about it and she got mad. One of my daughter's friend was crying because the party host spoke to her rudely. I should have searched before booking this company. Loads of complaints from other mum like myself. Search about the company first before booking. Apparently the company is under a new owner however it seems it got worse than before!"
"So bad you keep faking your reviews. When you get a real one you report it and then automatically you get a new one with good ones? That is bit strange. Why dont you just face the real people complaining about your services and your company? You are trading with a stolen company and is still hiding yourself. You are trading and the company's status is dissolved! You have the audacity to trade and handle parties for children but your company is dissolved! Fake fake fake!!!"
"No Non alcholholic champagne No scented candles No cuticle tattoos No music No Slippers No party decor in a theme of my choice No ribbon tied towels (just ragged old flannels) Age inappropriate magazines Party photos are just taken on a phone and emailed to you! Face mask is a cheap £1.25 tube most likely reused at various parties (erm infection control!!!) I really hope those foot spas are cleaned in between each use. It's nothing special. Oh and Head Office refuse to answer the phone or call back as apparently it's nothing to do with them. Quick to take my hard earned cash though aren't they. More like grumpy and greedy! And lastly - it's cash up front - you know, so you've paid before you notice half of the package is missing. Total Scam!! Avoid!! £350.00 wasted. Cheers #JudgeRinder"
"Its a scam!!! You will be lucky if they turn up.. and when they do the poor girls who work for Katie the owner will have hardly any of the extras you paid for. The Girl who done our party drove all the way from Birmingham to London!! She also only earnt £40 however it would Have cost her more in petrol. Zara was amazing. But the company is a huge scam be warned"
"A COMPLETE CON!! I would give it zero stars if that were possible. I paid a three figure deposit in order to make by daughter's 13th birthday party (on 25 November 2017) the special one such an occasion calls for only for the company to not turn up on the day leaving 8 teenage girls very disappointed indeed. I was not contacted beforehand to warn me of any cancellation - they simply did not show up and have made no contact with me since whatsoever. They have ignored all calls, messages and emails and have essentially run off with my money. No doubt like earlier reviews they will claim that they have no record of my booking but I can provide a photo of the booking confirmation after payment if they do that. PLEASE AVOID AT ALL COSTS FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR CHILDREN'S HAPPINESS. NOT WORTH THE RISK!!"
"TOTAL FRAUD! DO NOT USE! CANCELLED 20 MINUTES BEFORE party start due to ‘staff issues’....a familiar story to so many reviews on the web.......NOT RETURNED REFUND even though admitted breach of contract. Not responding to emails, calls or recorded delivery letters....TRADING STANDARDS now involved...also reported using ActionFraud to the POLICE. About to start SMALL CLAIMS COURT action."
"... Posting on behals of Paul BaileyTo anyone who knows me they know that I am not the sort of person to air my dirty linen in public but just for once I feel I have no other choice as I DO NOT! want anyone else to go through the worry and distress I have suffered in the last 3 weeks, this message goes out to anyone interested and is my personal experience of working for the new parcel delivery company PARCEL DELIVERY CRETE also known as PDC who are happy or not as the case may be and as a customer I will say I was also happy too.I have lived here on Crete for 4 years now and although ok like many of yourselves find ourselves on a tight budget and can little afford to lose or waste money, when I recieved my second delivery via PDC we got talking and they said the business had taken off really quickly and that they were looking for more drivers, as an ex HGV driver in England with 15 years in the transport industry I thought that this would be an ideal job for me to supplement my income as had only had 7 weeks work in the summer and as we all know need to pay for an accountant here even if we only work a very short time also would only be for a couple of weeks a month and suited my semi retirement. I have made just 2 trips for this company and even though on the first journey I was very surprised to find that I was expected to pay for all hotels fuel and tolls out of my own pocket until I returned I was paid in full within around 10 days of returning to the island. so of course I did the second trip THIS IS WHEN THE PROBLEMS STARTED! I have now been back for more than a month and after many promises and messages to put the money owed to me in my account there has been only a very small percentage of money appear, I and my partner have messaged and explained repeatedly that we cannot afford to lose this money which amounts to almost £1000 at no time did they refuse to pay me and still have not but still no money. I delivered a letter by hand just in case the messages were not getting through and said that if they did not pay me they left me no other course but to take some sort of action to reclaim my own money, this did get messages started again which ended in a heated exchange of cleverly worded responses to my messages. that night I recieved an e-mail which is now accusing me of causing damage and not doing a good job for the company which I totally refute and have messages prior to all of this saying how pleased they were with the job and economy of fuel ect that I had achieved on my trip ONLY AFTER THE REPEATED REQUESTS FOR REPAYMENT WAS I TOLD THAT I HAD CAUSED DAMAGE!! This lead me to investigate these people a bit deeper and low and behold the lady of the company were known to many forums MUMS NET, MONEY SAVING EXPERT, RIP OFF BRITAIN ( episode 6 series 8) TO NAME A FEW for a previous business known as Grumpy but Gorgeous when reading the reviews I saw a very familiar picture emerge of poor business practice and poor employee treatment and support, I have also found out that another one of the drivers is also owed a similar amount, I am sure that I will be recieving threats of none payment and accusations of doing a rubbish job if I do not remove the post after this has been seen if they follow true to form but feel that I have to warn any future employees that this is what has happened to me, the final straw came after seeing photographs of them having a fine old time out in bars and restaurants even after telling me they simply had not had a moment to spare to sort my banking and I am left struggling to pay my day to day bills, we have now been blocked on all their fb sites and accused of harrasment for attempting to get repayment of our own money!!! Sorry for the very long and possibly boring story but I feel it has to be said"
"We had the unicorn spa party and it was just amazing! The set up was really lovely and the girls loved their jelly pedicure and unicorn nail art! Definitely recommended."
"Very happy 10 girls! Lovely staff."
"Our experience with grumpy but gorgeous was amazing. Absolutely stress free and everything was just brilliant! I can't speak for the others who written negative comments on here but to be fair they are real and they showed up on my daughter's party. The party provided was everything as described and the overall experience is worth it."
"Grumpy But Gorgeous was recommended by my next door neighbour. After the booking and sent the invitations out. One of the mums sent me a mum website about all the bad reviews people had for GBG....I was very concerned and worry so much that I in touch with GBG regarding the reviews I read. I was being re-assured that they won't let me down for my birthday girl party.... and they will be there for me. Thank God that two lovely ladies showed up the party and all went well professionally. They even called me earlier to inform me they were on their way prior they started off. I cannot ask for more. Many thanks for Grumpy But Gorgeous!"
"My sister had a spa birthday and it was absolutely lush! The girls loved it!"
"What a truly magical Unicorn Pamper Party. 8 girls covered in glitter and magic. We had the best party ever. The girls arrived before the party and transformed it into a little girls dream. The time went so quickly and based on my own experience I really can not fault Grumpy but Gorgeous and I would defiantly recommend them. All the girls mums have all thanked me for raising the bar so high!!!!!! And all the girls came up to me saying it was the best party they had ever been too. If you want magic, sparkle, unicorns, flying girls and an experience of a life time, then look no further =)"
"best friend's mom threw her a sweet sixteen pamper party and we had tons of fun. Everything was tailored to our needs. I loved the drinks and the decor but above all else the spa was amazing. I know I am only sixteen once but I am definitely going to have them for my post sixteen party or better yet see what other custom party they can do for me (mom's paying)"
"Impressive! The ladies who came to do Bella's party were amazing. They were very good with the girls and made sure everyone had a great time! Hats off to the team!"
"Booked for my daughter's 11th brirthday. When we booked we were told we would get the following. Unicorn room and spa decor Spa Robes & Head wraps Unicorn Iridescent Jelly Pedicures Shimmer Arm Lotion Shimmer Foot Lotion Finger Nail Paint Toe Nail Paint Unicorn Nail Art Pin The Horn on the Unicorn Game Unicorn Pinata Photos in front of our Unicorn Backdrop What we actually got was the normal spa decor (dirty and tacky)with 2 unicorn cushions - no other unicorn decor, robes which didn't look like they had been washed! but no head wraps, 5 minutes in a foot spa but no pedicure, arm lotion (not shimmery), no foot lotion, plain nail varnish on fingers and toes but no nail art, eye shadow and a bit of coloured spray in their hair. There were no games, no photos or unicorn backdrop and definitely no Pinata! the party host went after an hour and thirty minutes when we had paid for 2.5 hours. I have been trying to resolve this with the company but they don't answer the phone or reply to emails (Interestingly they were very efficient when we were booking!)"
"From my first phone call I was certain my daughter was going to have a fab time. Daniele was SO good on the phone confirming everything and being very informative during the whole time. The lady who came N was absolutely wonderful, turned up on time and wouldn't let me help with anything. She worked really hard and all the girls had a great time. I was initially worried when I read some poor reviews, but i needn't have worried, everything ran like clockwork. Thank you!"
"The party host Z showed up promptly and set up the room professionaly and efficiently. She briefed my daughter and her friends before starting the session and then proceeded to look after them in style. My daughter was so happy and her friends were equally impressed. They were all relaxed and enjoyed a girlie experience. Z pitched it at the right level for 10 year olds. I highly recommend the company."
"Please do not believe any of the positive reviews. These are planted by the company. It's all a scam. Please google the reviews and you will see on Mumsnet and Netmuns dozens of complaints. Was also featured on BBC Rip Off Britain."
"A wonderful party for my daughter. She loved it and her friends. Creating a great atmosphere and relaxing."
Grumpy But Gorgeous is rated 2.60 based on 35 reviews