www.handsetrecycle.com Reviews

of reviewers recommend www.handsetrecycle.com

Tell us how www.handsetrecycle.com made you happy
WHAT AN ABSOLUTE BUNCH OF SCAMMERS!! Do not use this company. They offered the most money for my Samsung smart watch and then tried to say that the battery was faulty and reduced the price by £35. There is no way the battery was faulty as I had everything tested before I sent to to them and now having looked at numerous other reviews it seems that this is their method of operating and they now want £20 to send the item back. No way I'm paying that. Their T&Cs say 'It is the responsibility of the customers to ensure that the correct information is selected at the point of sale and, therefore, if the device received does not match the sales order, i.e. it is a different model or the network is not correctly selected or the condition is overly estimated than the actual condition. We have the right to apply for a postal charge return, to send these items back to you. The charge is £20 and you must contact us via phone- to arrange the payment of £20 before your device is sent back to you.'
Well the thing is I did supply the correct information to them at the point of sale and they cannot supply any reliable information to the contrary as far as I'm concerned so I'm going to fight these scammers all the way. How these cowboys are allowed to operate in this way I will never know but companies like this shouldn't be allowed to go about things like this without being held to account. Bottom line DO NOT USE THESE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!!!
Please do not use this company total scam. Told me my phone was worth 350 it really is like new. Sent it now worth 90 as charger point was dirty!!! Then I had to pay £20 to get my phone back which took 2 weeks!!! Where were they posting it from. Please don’t be scammed like me
This company, goes under the name of Handset Recycle and Tech Mania are nothing but con artists. They will NEVER pay you what they quote on their site and will question the condition of your item no matter what condition it's in.

They then charge you £20 service fee if you reject their ridiculously low offer.

After having no joy at all getting the phone returned, I reluctantly paid the £20 and they are now ignoring my emails and have not returned the phone.

DO NOT USE TECH MANIA OR HANDSET RECYCLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
Like everyone that has written a review, if I could give 0 stars I would.
I am another sucker to this scam.
Inflated offer of £245 for my son's iPhone 8+, there are two small cracks on the screen, other than that it was in full working condition, it would be reasonable to knock the price down maybe £50-£60, but the counter offer was £56 (which I declined immediately), then it was re-offered to £65 or to pay £20 to get your phone back, I have made a bank transfer of £20 on 12th August, however the account they gave me to pay came up as TechMania.
It is impossible to speak to them, I emailed repeatedly and always got the same reply to send them £20. I also found out they have appeared on Rogue Traders! I have made a complaint to UPS as this is criminal activity. UPS passed the receival confirmation (see attached) but it was showing the company name and address were not matching. It was showing that my sons phone has been delivered to 3 Mather road, Eccles in Manchester, but on google maps it shows that that address is a takeaway. I have phoned the takeaway and they have stated that they have nothing to do with the scam artists, however, they did say that there was an alleyway that they might share.
I have filed a report to Citizen Advice and have informed UPS that this is a scam company that will damaged their reputation, also I will report to Manchester police, local council and Watchdog.
This company are complete scammers,they will get your phone picked up and then you will never hear anymore from them , nowhere to get in touch with them , please never use them they truly are a scam
THEY HAVE STOLEN MY PHONE!!!
Terrible company, I had to chase up whether they had received my phones after they said they would reimburse me if I paid to send them off, which they didn't and they paid much less than agreed or it would cost £20 to have them sent back. They are dishonest, DONOT use them.
Its true they are a scam. Sent them my phone to buy off me but they kept saying they "are processing/testing it", and "should be ready by tomorrow". All this after keeping it for over 2 weeks. Stay away from them.
ridiculous I’m 15 and just wanted to sell my iPad for some money that I needed :( I was offered £250 it was in perfect condition, they emailed me saying they’d offer £60 and that it was so faulty!!

It damn well wasn’t

I had to pay £20 to get it sent back. Don’t waste your time
Please please do not buy from these people-they are scam artists. They give you a price and then once they get your handset they half the price stating something is wrong with the phone. They also ask you to post and then do not refund postal charges. Police, press, watchdog etc all involved. They will be shut down soon. Do not use these people. Check out the reviews on Facebook, Twitter etc.
Before yiu use handset recycle, please read the reviews on the review site especially trustpilot, you will save yourself a lot of grief. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY
Stay away....its a complete con. There's a reason that their offers are attractive.....its because they have no intention of paying the full amount, and once they have your item it will cost you £20 to get it back if you decline their revised offer....DO NOT FALL FOR THE SCAM, tell your friends, post warnings on Facebook/WhatsApp groups - help spread the word and let's see them out of business.
Criminal company that pays for fake 5 star reviews.

Look on Trustpiot for all the 1 star reviews & reviews that have been taken down by the owner.

Appeared on BBC Watchdog/ Rogue Traders.

Search Computer Repairs Eccles, same company.

They offer over inflated prices. And then cut the price in half and claim faults, that do not exist.

You have to pay £20 to get your phone returned, still waiting :-(
Same as everyone else, completely scammed, and worn down into submission, on taking their lowball offer, seeing as it would have cost a hidden £20 to get the items returned. £60 offered for an iphone in very good condition was reduced to £15. Bare faced lies told, about screens being cracked, which were absolutely not. I wish i'd looked at the reviews before dealing with these cheats.
I think this company are active in posting fake good reviews, and suggesting the bad ones have been made up. I'll happily share my order number. In short though, AVOID AVOID AVOID!
What went wrong, everything! Exactly as has been stated on here 19 times previously. I was suckered into what I thought was the best deal! Turns out they can’t communicate properly, they want £20 to return the devices, their customer services skills are: What service?! I feel like I’ve been mugged.
When I asked for proof I was ignored.... I just wish I had seen the real reviews before I sent the items.
Unfortunately I was sucked into the initial offer on this site. I was selling my wife's galaxy 9 plus. This was less than 2years old and had, from the moment of being unpacked, been kept in a Samsung wallet style case. It had no damage to the screen or case. I marked this condition as good and was offered £251. This in hindsight should have rung alarm bells as the next highest offer was £185. I arranged a pick up (which did not happen on the stated day and had to be rearranged) and waited for our money. I then received an email saying that there were two scratches on the bottom of the case and the loudspeaker was of low volume, the counter offer was now £155. It also stated that I would have to pay £20 if I wanted the phone back. I reluctantly accepted the money, but emailed to ask for proof of the scratches (as they did not exist when I packed the phone) and that the speaker function was working fine for my wife when she received call. Sadly this email have not been responded to. I can only conclude that the initial offer was an amount to con me into sending them the phone which they never intended to honour. I find this practice disgraceful. With the warning from Trust pilot regarding fake reviews, it would seem that my impression of the trading practices is true.
Scam.
Do not use.
They quote high then immediately undervalue by saying the phone is faulty when it is in perfect condition.
Absolutely disgusting!
Do not use this so called company they are fraudsters and scammers illegally continuing to be working outside of the law and false recycling. Report to Police and organised crime group and HMRC for tax evasion. They require to be closed down and prosecuted asap
I sent an excellent working iphone xsmax 64 gb after the website quoted that it was £430. After sending the handset, i got email saying there is problem with screen shade and auto focus on back camera!! So they offered me £245, when i denied the offer, they said I need to pay £20 for return fee. They are scammers just ripping people off!! Please don't use them!!
***DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY***
If I could give this company a zero star rating I would!! Please, please, please do not use this company. They are an absolute joke, they need reporting to the police and there website needs to be taken down for false advertising.. they test your phone and lie about faults. The phone I sent them was immaculate, minus some scratches round the outside of the phone but apart from that not a scratch on it. I was supposed to get £290 they offered my £140, can you believe it? Because I couldn’t.. so I asked for my phone to be returned. They had the cheek to ask for £20 via a bank transfer, that ridiculous, do not line the pockets of scammers. They when you do accept the offer they tell you you’ll get your money as soon as possible. On there website and T&C’s they advertise same day transfers. I’ve been waiting a week? Give me my F-ING money. Also look at the amount of comments that have been greyed out? Why so many? Its the company trying to cover up bad, but true reviews. My comments are genuine and the truth. Do not allow them to remove my review.
www.handsetrecycle.com is rated 1.00 based on 34 reviews