LMB Group Ltd Reviews

Read LMB Group Ltd Reviews

lmb-lofts@reviews.adtrak.co.uk

167 Shirley RoadCroydon

Tell us how LMB Group Ltd made you happy
Hired Lee 5 years ago for our roof extension. We were very pleased with the work. Took a bit longer than expected but this was due to summer holidays and staff taking time off. Quality of the work was very good. Team did a nice tidying up of the site after each day which was great.
My wife and I had decided to move house for an additional bedroom but this would have cost us up to £100k
Several work colleagues were having their lofts converted at the same time with LMB and we gathered their views and were impressed by what we heard.
LMB was contacted and the MD himself -a very affable gentleman (lee) came to view our property and gave us good input and very good ideas whereupon we were sold to having our loft converted.
The Surveyor/Architect came around and after several drawings submitted we were able to get to a position of our liking and comfort with all our requests acommodated from the position of the stairs to having a Pea bath fitted like no others!
The results have been fantastic. Our Victorian end of Terrace has been completed to our basic requests with proffessionalism great workmanship care and cleanliness meeting our needs all the way with a fraction of the cost of moving home.
LMB have recently completed a loft extension within a 10 week programme. We had a couple of meetings and several cups of coffee with Lee during September as part of our evaluation and tender process. Lee was extremely professional and provided some sound advice which other parties never mentioned. We had a strong sense that LMB were the right company to award the contract. LMB were not the cheapest but as the saying goes " you pays your money and takes your choice". Big ask for LMB, pre contract we requested the keys be handed over by the 20th December. Lee gave us the assurance that he could make the completion date and basically we proceeded to contract. Once initial fees were exchanged the programme went into build mode during October. All of the LMB resources working on the project were extremely professional, arrived each day on time and cleaned up at the end of the day. 3 months post build the quality of the build is amazing and citing complementary comments from friends and family viewing the extension. We would highly recommended LMB to other parties "no problem". Very well managed project and built to a high standard, Thank you Lee and LMB Team. Mike and Carlotta
Just had a loft build by LMB group the service was excellent it was done in 7 weeks the team on site attended every day and worked extremely hard and all tradesman were polite and professional and most importantly the standard of work was of the highest quality the office team were always on hand to help I am so pleased with the work done and would highly recommend them
Professional from my first enquiry to the office right the way through to the end of the hand over. Quick, efficient, clean, courteous and most importantly the quality is outstanding. Every trades person that came to my home put in 100%. Also I have to say what was really great was the constant communication between all of us, myself and my wife felt in the loop and included at all times due to Lee setting up a Whatsapp Group - it was a great idea! LMB Group really do know their stuff. I highly recommend!
Just had a loft built by LMB GROUP the service was very good it was done in 7 weeks time the team were very good hard working and were here everyday they were very polite and professional and most importantly the standard of work was of high quality the office team were always there to help
I am very pleased with the outcome and would highly recommend with no hesitation
Brilliant after care.!!
We had a large dormer built a year and a half ago and LMB got the job done. We recently had leak LMB have no quibble, no aggravation They were quick and they sorted it out with no fuss and dealt with it very well.
Overall a satisfied customer particularly impressed with the aftercare.
Brilliant after care.!!
We had a large dormer built a year and a half ago LMB got the job done. We recently had leak, LMB gave no quibble, no aggravation. They were quick and they sorted it out with no fuss and dealt with it very well.
Overall a satisfied customer particularly impressed with the aftercare.
Having had a loft conversion in 2016 with LMB, we are extremely pleased with how it looks 4 years later . Conversion has provided us with a large master bedroom with an ensuite. The bedroom is as perfect as it was when first completed, no settling cracks or faults . Lee the director was very helpful in our decision making and when any issues arose, resolved them to our satisfaction . One of our best decisions, NO regrets . Elaine and Peter.
Had a large loft extension build by LMB over the autumn. Actual construction (hip to gable), internal structure (incl 3-4 tonnes of steel beams), roof, windows and staircase only took 3 weeks and done during occasional abysmal weather (no water damage as they covered up v well after the day). Things slowed down a fraction after building was completed as we clearly had to await the availability of plumber, electrician etc. But all done within promised 8 weeks (which is v impressive). Despite the extensive amount of work, we never felt too inconvenienced about it; most of the building work is done with old loft hatch closed. A few smaller things arose along the way (mainly tidying up) but all things were efficiently resolved by Lee and his office. V happy with end result; great opportunity to add space, value and undertake all those roof related matters which were (then) needed after previous owners neglect.
2 Months!! That's the 2 words that sums up the best part of the service we received from LMB, in the completion of our loft conversion.

After considering 10 potential building companies, I chose LMB primarily because of the initial assurances & discussions with Lee. However, from the 1st day of works I was impressed with the workmanship - the speed of construction was also impressive, with the structural work (inclusive of a re-roof) was completed in 3-4 weeks (Thanks Lawrence & Bobby). The wider team/skills followed thereafter; The excellent finishes from the plasterers (Thanks Agim) & the tiler (Thanks Eddie), the high quality & attention to detail of the plumber (Thanks Matt), the electrician (Thanks Pete), the carpenter (Thanks Jermaine), and last but not least - the diligence and perfectionism from the roofer (Thanks Steve).

Aside from the fantastic results and how pleased we are with our completed loft conversion, the fact that I am able to remember/name all the work team above - says something more about LMB! The LMB team (including Joanna & Charis in the office), met our expectations and always endeavoured to accommodate all our requirements!

Thanks Lee & the LMB Team!

Much Appreciated
Excellent professional service from a caring well managed company of which I would not hesitate to recommend
Excellent working relationship and a pleasure to do business with.

Customer focussed and a strong customer service approach to their work.
We have worked with LMB for a number of years now, we have a very good working relationship, Lee as well as the other Tradesman are always very professional and clear in the instructions they give us for every job, the girls in the office are also extremely helpful if you ever have any questions regarding anything. The jobs are completed to a high quality and spec and Lee takes great pride in his work and company. Fantastic, professional, organized and punctual.
Second times a charm!

Having previously had an extension built by Lee and his team, some 10 years ago I was delighted to see the expansion of the company and asked them to quite for our loft conversion. This was by no means a forgone conclusion and I asked a further two reputable companies to quote too, but the build 10 years ago was a huge success so it would be fair to say LMB were the favourites!

Having read a lot of reviews on LMB and the other companies asked to quote, I noted that there was a very similar trend, mainly good to great reviews with the odd negative posting. My advice to anyone looking to spend what will always be a considerable sum of money is to go with your gut, I was made to feel at ease by Lee 10 years ago and again on this occasion and offered the contract to LMB.

I am delighted I did!

On day one of the project, Lee convened a meeting with ourselves and the builders so we could set the ‘ground rules’! I am a firm believer in building relationships and therefore made it clear to all builders on site that if they treated my home like theirs, we would have no issues and I am delighted to say we had no problems there! Common courtesy and decency has to be a must when you have what are strangers in your house when you aren’t and I can’t fault any of Lee’s team on this front. The house was clean every day with the only real noticeable difference when the ceiling came down for the stairs and once the plastering had been done, other than that they all had their own hoovers and cleaned up brilliantly every day.

The pace of the build is immense, scaffolding up, roof off, dormer built, plasterboarded and plastered etc etc, I’m not ashamed to admit it caught me by surprise, but these are surprises you are happy to receive!

The two builders we had that did the main build, Olly and Lee were superb and I couldn’t recommend them highly enough, very attentive, always checking in to make sure we were happy and always on time. We had our loft built during the snowfall, which resulted in a slight delay but also water ingress, a quick call to Lee on a Saturday evening at 8pm and within 30 minutes one of the lads was around to secure the issue, completely unavoidable and due to melting snow, but the message it did send was that LMB really care about their clients and that wasn’t the only time help was needed ‘out of hours’ and was sorted very quickly.

If I could offer one piece of advice it would be to try and make sure you speak to the different trades as they arrive. A couple of small problems we encountered were that we had bought a specific radiator which we had failed to communicate and the original light fittings were not as we expected, both unavoidable with better communication but my fault as much as anyone else’s, and in any case sorted following a quick telephone call with Lee!

The finish of the build is absolutely brilliant, you never really know what to expect but I hadn’t envisaged what we have ended up with! We are lucky in the the pitch of our roof is high so we have a loft room with almost a normal ceiling height, this was totally unexpected but both Lee and the architect mentioned to me on day one of the process they could get a great height for us and they delivered!

One of my initial concerns was the sheer number of different tradesmen flip flopping between each other and how this would work in reality but all of them were managed superbly by Lee and his staff in the office and I was kept fully up to date with who would be on site and when, builders, plumbers, electricians, plasterers, tiler, Roofer’s all working together to deliver the final product.

I have to give a special mention to both the Paul’s on the build, the tiler and roofer. Both are incredible and their strife for perfection in what they do is something to behold!

All in all, we are absolutely ecstatic with the whole process and have no hesitation in recommending LMB so a huge thank you to everyone involved and to Lee and the staff in the office for their attention to detail, it’s been a pleasure!

Mr & Mrs Catley
Second times a charm!

I am delighted I did!

Mr & Mrs Catley
Best thing we ever did. Built to a very high standard and my new area is admired by all who visit. Thank you LMB.
Large loft conversion on bungalow. Project completed on time. Workmen/trades arrived as arranged. Works were completed with minimal disruption. Very happy with the end result.
LMB Contract / REF number: 2016-10-0338

No idea if these reviews on here are genuine or not and I am pretty sure LMB have done good jobs in the past but I can only comment only my experience factually:

- Rear ground extension - Project management non existent. Builders hadn’t a clue how big the door opening should be , and could not even build symmetrical parallel walls - out by 3-4 cm at widest point (slight problem for floor tiler!)
- Rear extension roof taking around 2 weeks to do yet left unfinished. and not properly done
- Lintel for rear extension left dangerous and undone. (At least they could've put the bricks back!).
- MD Lee Murphy Constantly demanding money even when next stage of contract had not been completed (in this case , stairs needed to be completed for next payment). According to two surveyors before stairs were in, the whole loft extension should of had a water tight roof and insulated walls before stair installation. This a standard regulation in the industry which should of been implemented here before installation and demanding of money.
- Theft of items on site by contractors with police called. Mr Murphy even went to his carpenter accusing me of stealing his items! I even have the carpenters Whatsapp messages calling me ‘evil’ to prove this!!!!!!!
- Inadequate equipment supplied to LMB staff with carpenter falling off unstable ladder. Even had to help the roofer to the car and help him with certain aspects of work, all of which I should not have done!
- Roofing beams for rear extension slope roof not even touching walls. So had to force Lee to get it done properly. Why was I in this position in the first place?
- An enormous amount of rubbish on scaffolding. yet refused to get a skip claiming he hasn't got enough money for skip or materials ( receipt docs and can be easily proven with Whatsapp messages). Rubble subsequently fell from there narrowly missing my father.
- Contractors CONSTANTLY complaining of NOT GETTING PAID. How the hell does that make us feel after giving money to LMB?????!!!!! Even had to pay one of the contractors directly and minus it of the total amount owed to LMB. Ridiculous. This can be proven with signed receipts from them and him

After giving up on LMB I decided to pull the contract. After which:
- Threats by his solicitor trying to take me to court even when next stage of hadn't been completed (as per contract). As in the letter , apparently I gave no reason as to pulling the job ?! More lies fed to the solicitor I guess.
- BTW, Lee don’t be childish by showing your solicitor John all the nice conversations we had. If you want, talk to me face to face and don’t hide behind your solicitor and we can go to court and ask Whatsap for full undeleted transcripts.
- Lee Murphy had threats to take scaffolding down when roof hadn't been completed or sealed watertight when two elderly pensioners reside inside.
- Claimed he owned the materials on the driveway , so decided to take them away. so Police were called. He even took the staircase , claiming it was his :-) Proof of how I paid for it, I easily can be prove in court . Even have Lee on CCTV and microphone on drive him taking the stuff which I will release when necessary.
- Also, he told his workers to call me to offer a service to finish the job for double the price with him taking his cut. They can all back me up. Disgusting.

There is actually a lot more I could write up on...and all will come out in due course with the necessary evidence(or/if this goes to court). All of above can be proved with screenshots of FULL Whatsapp messages, text messages, CCTV recordings, police reference numbers, etc... and Mr Murphy cannot refute any of it

I actually think Lee is a sound family guy, and just lost his way in life and given into pressure and greed, and believe me I have seen it all to often in business. LMB are expensive and thought that extra money would relieve some stress off the family. In fact the total opposite happened and I should never of been in this position.

I am only writing this as his solicitor John Tsoukkas of Dollman and Pritchard (01883347823) ref JT/pa/LMB2.14 sent me another letter a few days ago- probably to try to scare me or shut me up. Make up your mind , first you want to take me to court and the next you don't. Just so childish.

Alan Yong