Near and Deer Reviews

96% of reviewers recommend Near and Deer

Tell us how Near and Deer made you happy

Email, Live Chat
"Good assinstance service. Great item."
"Beautiful product and excellent service! Thank you Near and Deer"
"I purchased a faux deer head, beautiful! Thank you for the 20% off on next purchase coupon, as well as, the beautiful personalized thank you postcard. This is the first time a business sent me a thank you. This type of personal customer service is very well appreciated!! Keep up the great customer service! I will be ordering from you guys in the near future."
"Love the look and elegant flair it adds to our mountain home. Arrived in tact from its cross country travels, however, did have to make a few adjustments. The black paint on the mantle had flecked in a few places so I covered the spots with a sharpie. Also, the left antler fit a bit wobbly so had to secure with glue in order to ensure a snug fit. Other than that, am happy with my purchase."
"Hi, this is my second order to Near and Dear. Major improvent regarding delivery time. Article of quality and original. Everything was perfect."
"I love my product, the gold deer. It is exactly as shown. Very quick shipment with no problems at all. Very easy transaction. Thank you ."
"purchased for my wife as a gift and shipped to the uk, packaging and Deer head arrived undamaged and in good time, most importantly the wife loves it ! To be honest so do I it's a fine piece of sculpture and now takes pride of place in my hallway."
"Awesome customer service. Perfect fit on the wall and the quality isTREMENDOUS."
"Arrived in good condition, exactly as advertised."
"Very happy with the service and quality of the product....would recommend to all our friends. Thank You 8"
"Awesome addition to my collection of antlers, some of which came from Near and Deer. This 14 Point Deer Head wall mount with natural antlers is truly magnificent! Thank you, Rick and Lindsay, for your great artwork, while saving our great animals."
"Got my deer and love it!"
"What a great piece of art......love it."
"Just what I was looking for to make an arrangement with antlers. I love them!"
"Beautiful"
"Having not done much research on the company, I rolled the dice on the quality I would get... and I got lucky! I have three faux mounts above my mantle, and they look so chic and expensive. I would highly recommend Near and Dear."
"I loved my purchase!!!! Thankyou for reaching out!!!"
"Fast shipping, looks great"
"I'm the same person who just wrote the 2-Star review wherein N&D responded stating they'd offered me an exchange and to fix it. THIS NEVER HAPPENED. No email was received at ALL to fix the problem and my disappointment. This is VERY unsettling to me that their response to a bad review is to blame the customer by lying about it. And let's see how long this review stays on their website."
This customer ordered a silver colored item and really wanted chrome. There is no specific listing for the item she ordered in the chrome color, but she did not click on the link to request a custom color, nor did she reach out to us to change the color. She emailed us after receiving her item that was painted in the color she selected and said she wasn't happy with it. We replied to the email and offered to exchange the item for her. Receiving no response, we even called her to make the same offer. We did not hear back until she left feedback. Still, we offered to exchange the product for her.

We pride ourselves on our customer service and find it very unsettling that this customer thinks we lied to them to cover something up. In a private email chain with this customer, we forwarded our original email multiple times. Since she continuously denies receiving the email and phone call. Since she called us a liar, we went to the extent of PDFing our phone records to prove that we did make an effort to call. We would never lie about anything to a customer, especially since we did not make any mistakes on this order - we sent the item that was ordered.

We pride ourselves on our customer service. The phone number listed on our website is our owner's cell phone number. The email address on the website is directly for our owner. Any issues are promptly resolved by him.

We are an honest and transparent company, and this review will be on our reviews.io site until the end of time. We are not able to delete reviews simply because they have no basis or we simply don't like them. I actually think that other customers would be pleased to see how we handle difficult situations and care deeply about each customer's satisfaction enough to spend so much time handling concerns.
"I had such high hopes for this since it looks so cool on the website. However, when it arrived I was very disappointed. I ordered the silver carved deer skull, and calling this silver is a reaaaallll stretch. It's SO flat that it almost looks gray - has virtually no reflective qualities at all and is very very dull. It just seems to absorb light. So bummed out. The shape is interesting however. I'm going to buy chrome spray paint and see if that helps, but frankly, you guys need to invest in good quality silver (chrome!) paint if that's what you're going to continue to call this item. That or use aluminum leaf (which I might try as well - got nothing to lose at this point). Wish I could send it back but the packaging was a nightmare (in a good way - nothing broke), but it's just not worth the cost of shipping. I won't buy another one unfortunately."
We offer a silver finish and a chrome finish. The customer ordered silver, which does have metallic qualities but is more of a brushed nickel finish. For a future customers looking for a super reflective chrome color, please purchase one of our chrome items. All of our products are custom painted and can be painted chrome upon request.

We are particularly disappointed with this 2 star review, as we were informed of the customer's dissatisfaction with her color choice on September 9th and responded on September 10th to explain the difference in paint colors and offer to exchange the item for the chrome color. We said "if you are not happy with your order I would be glad to help make it right." Receiving no response to our email, we also tried to call the customer. We never heard back at all, but our offer still stands to exchange the item.
Near and Deer is rated 4.84 based on 252 reviews