Near and Deer Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend Near and Deer

Tell us how Near and Deer made you happy

"I loved my purchase!!!! Thankyou for reaching out!!!"
"Fast shipping, looks great"
"I'm the same person who just wrote the 2-Star review wherein N&D responded stating they'd offered me an exchange and to fix it. THIS NEVER HAPPENED. No email was received at ALL to fix the problem and my disappointment. This is VERY unsettling to me that their response to a bad review is to blame the customer by lying about it. And let's see how long this review stays on their website."
This customer ordered a silver colored item and really wanted chrome. There is no specific listing for the item she ordered in the chrome color, but she did not click on the link to request a custom color, nor did she reach out to us to change the color. She emailed us after receiving her item that was painted in the color she selected and said she wasn't happy with it. We replied to the email and offered to exchange the item for her. Receiving no response, we even called her to make the same offer. We did not hear back until she left feedback. Still, we offered to exchange the product for her.

We pride ourselves on our customer service and find it very unsettling that this customer thinks we lied to them to cover something up. In a private email chain with this customer, we forwarded our original email multiple times. Since she continuously denies receiving the email and phone call. Since she called us a liar, we went to the extent of PDFing our phone records to prove that we did make an effort to call. We would never lie about anything to a customer, especially since we did not make any mistakes on this order - we sent the item that was ordered.

We pride ourselves on our customer service. The phone number listed on our website is our owner's cell phone number. The email address on the website is directly for our owner. Any issues are promptly resolved by him.

We are an honest and transparent company, and this review will be on our reviews.io site until the end of time. We are not able to delete reviews simply because they have no basis or we simply don't like them. I actually think that other customers would be pleased to see how we handle difficult situations and care deeply about each customer's satisfaction enough to spend so much time handling concerns.
"I had such high hopes for this since it looks so cool on the website. However, when it arrived I was very disappointed. I ordered the silver carved deer skull, and calling this silver is a reaaaallll stretch. It's SO flat that it almost looks gray - has virtually no reflective qualities at all and is very very dull. It just seems to absorb light. So bummed out. The shape is interesting however. I'm going to buy chrome spray paint and see if that helps, but frankly, you guys need to invest in good quality silver (chrome!) paint if that's what you're going to continue to call this item. That or use aluminum leaf (which I might try as well - got nothing to lose at this point). Wish I could send it back but the packaging was a nightmare (in a good way - nothing broke), but it's just not worth the cost of shipping. I won't buy another one unfortunately."
We offer a silver finish and a chrome finish. The customer ordered silver, which does have metallic qualities but is more of a brushed nickel finish. For a future customers looking for a super reflective chrome color, please purchase one of our chrome items. All of our products are custom painted and can be painted chrome upon request.

We are particularly disappointed with this 2 star review, as we were informed of the customer's dissatisfaction with her color choice on September 9th and responded on September 10th to explain the difference in paint colors and offer to exchange the item for the chrome color. We said "if you are not happy with your order I would be glad to help make it right." Receiving no response to our email, we also tried to call the customer. We never heard back at all, but our offer still stands to exchange the item.
"Delivered as expected and looks great!"
"Good service; we love the bear! Not too small not too large."
"This was the perfect touch to our contemporary home! Very competitive pricing and amazing quality!"
"I order one or two custom deer heads a month for employee anniversaries, and they are always gorgeous and exactly to our specifications!"
"I was looking for a stag head for a design job in Crested Butte, CO. The decor style was rustic luxe. I ordered the white deer head with bronze antlers. It was exactly what I was looking for and arrived when they said it would👍🏼 I will order from them again!"
"Love my heads. They add unexpected frame to my white walls in a tight space my bedroom hallway. They are a bit heavy so best to use 2 large wide head Nails close together one above the other. Great customer service as well!"
"Great product that arrived swiftly and was exactly as advertised. This is a rarity at times. Good job. As a side product idea, how about wall stickers that look like wood mounts in a variety of colours. It could be a fantastic add-on to any purchase and relatively cheap to produce. Personally I have been trolling Etsy to find one."
"We have seen it in our hotel Vier Jahreszeiten in Maurach, Austria. It was so great. So we ordered by Near and Deer!"
"I had a very hard time trying to decide which animal to get. I finally decided on the elephant and it was hung right over the kitchen sink. It was delivered in very good time and packaged with a lot of thought. I will certainly buy from you again if I ever need another one."
"My experience or only comment is that it takes a long time to ship out. I understand they may be assembled as ordered. But in short I'm still tracking the birthday gift that has not yet arrived."
Hello! I just checked into the status of your order. Your order was placed on 6/15 and shipped on 6/19 (within our standard 2-4 business day processing time - we paint everything custom to order). We shipped it Fedex ground, and it is scheduled to be delivered today. I hope it arrives today and that you love it!

Please let us know if you have any questions or need anything else. You can contact our owner, Rick, at 443-255-0615 or rick@nearanddeer.com.

Thanks!
Lindsay
"Beautiful, well made piece. Can’t wait to get it hung over my mantle!"
"Always a pleasure purchasing from you!"
"It was a surprise to open the parcel. The Deer Head and the Moose Head were very great! We have seen the Heads in the Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten, Maurach, Austria. Mr. Condetta have given your address! That was wonderful!"
"I just received my deer head and love it! I got the new patina deer and it looks so cool on the shiplap wall I have in my living room."
"LOVE my deer antlers. They are for my vacation home and I wanted to take them with me to hang over the fireplace. I called with one weeks notice. They were great and got it to me in time to take with me. I initially looked at a lot of sites and I am so glad I chose neer and deer. Great to work with and a beautiful product."
"We moved my 91 year-old mother into an Assisted Living facility in March. We decided to establish a "trophy wall" for her as a focal point. She and I reviewed MANY options offered by Near and Deer as the next addition to her wall (she has a paper mache elephant and a straw bison); and she selected the OCTOPUS. We are giving it to her for Mother's Day and can't wait to see her reaction. We may be back for an 8-point deer (I have a chrome one) as she wants to hang ornaments and Easter eggs from the antlers!"
Near and Deer is rated 4.83 based on 236 reviews