Rightmove Reviews

Rightmove have a Customer Happiness Grade of A. Customers love their prices and customer service. Full Insights

96% of reviewers recommend Rightmove
8PM
8PM

info@rightmove.co.uk

4th Floor, 33 Soho Square

Category:
Home Sales And Renting

How would you rate Rightmove ?

"Viewed a rented house in Lang avenue Renfrew yesterday, property wasn’t decorated as advertised, scissors lying on table with kids running about, too many people viewing property at once"
"I have just moved to the area, and just wanted to recommend GF Property in Bare Morecambe, They have all been brilliant, Also a big thank you to Carol she is a star."
"Wrong websit"
"I have made a contract for 6 months, they say that i can extend it, the landlord said that I can stay as long as I can, there a loads of problems in the house they say that they will fix it but they dont, they say that the landlord will come to visit but he dosent and they rang to tell me that the landlord wants the house he dosent wants me to stay but i think that rightmove are lying abou it Im not going out of the house as i want to see the landnlord and I'm not going to pay untill they extend the contract as i know i wont get the deposit DO NOT GO TO RIGHT MOVE A GOOD ADVICE"
"The Chatham branch employees are mannerless. Neither they greet u or offer you a seat, they behave like customers need them more. Time to look for other agencies"
"Tried several times to contact Corfu Homefinders and sent several emails to this company, they have so far not responded to any email sent!! what a waste of my time, why bother advertising when they are not responding to potential clients!!?? I give up...."
"Do not Rent ,Buy with William h brown in Dewsbury or Wakefield and sequences in Liverpool customer service is poor all for the landlord's not the Tennant's. Had to live in a damp detached bungalow for 3 year every thing was done on the cheap cheap repairs and caused both of us bad asthma and problems to our lungs, blamed us for condensation and damp even though bungalow was built on a mill plan. Sleep with Windows open in freezing temperature's every night.took 2 years to put a new window in lounge as was a solid glass frame no opening. Rowan Moore in Liverpool sequences had a stinking attitude when we needed Repair's doing oh i will get bk to u and never did useless. No calling bk we had to do all ringing round for them. I would not recommend going with them all for the money not supporting the customer and there needs"
"Contacted the Blackburn office and spoke to Verity. She was very helpful and booked a valuation appointment with Tom for 11am today with a view to either selling my property or letting.Tom never turned up and when I rang the office at 11.40am and spoke to Verity, she asked me what the appointment was for and my address. Tom was in the office on the phone and I was told he would come to the house as quickly as possible. A minute or two later I received a phone call asking if an afternoon appointment would be alright. I declined due to another appointment we had in the afternoon so I told them to forget it and that I thought the whole set up was a joke. I always thought that estate agents were highly professional people offering a high class level of service to customers by being on time and not forgetting appointments."
"Very good,BUT slow to remove from mobile apps ect when changing to a new agent,by leaving a heading ( THIS PROPERTY IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE) This misleads new customers, their by losing new perspective viewers who use mobiles /tablets to search online. In this day and age of fast update online, this needs to be sorted......"
"I am writing a review about one of there houses in wellington hill west which is a shared house I have finish my contract and the landlord will not give back my deposit watch out for this landlord has he is a nightmare to live with."
"Compared to 20 years ago when I was buying my first home the internet has made things a lot easier. Rightmove is my current choice for property hunting, but that doesn't mean its a good site. In a few words, the problem with Rightmove is 'the quality of data'. I'll lay the blame equally between rightmove and the agents for this. I'm sure Rightmove could put processes in place to help the buyers (or renters), but as they aren't the ones paying to advertise on Rightmove I don't see it changing in favour of the person looking to buy or rent. The first issue is the quality of search results. I'm looking for a detached property, have been for a while, and so I search on the most recent listings. Today the top 6 listings are 3 semi detached, a flat, and two 'cash only' chalet/holiday homes. OK so two of those are technically detached, but shouldn't holiday homes be kept out of the 'houses' category? As for flats, town houses and terraced homes, what they are doing under 'detached' escapes me. Then we have properties with outside photos only. Makes you wonder what the inside is like. third on the list of problems: the floorplans. Floorplans can be invaluable but unfortunately they sometimes look little like the house you're viewing. 4. Properties that are still advertised on rightmove long after they have sold. I'm looking at one now that's still on rightmove two weeks after I was told it had sold - surely it's not that difficult to login and tick the 'sold STC' box? I think it's about time the government stepped in and regulated the industry. Having lived in California for nearly 7 years realtors there work hard for your business and for every sale. Here estate agents seem to have an 'if I can be bothered' approach to their business."
"They make u waste your time searching for houses and then u call the agency and they say no houses available. Very annoying."
"Site is rubbish, none of the properties to rent are still available. We have driven 200miles twice to see properties and the agents are unprofessional and unhelpful. The site itself is useless due to the lack of listings across the board. The site needs to have stricter policies in place penalizing agents who dont update or remove listings that are no longer available."
"Good place to look for property but you're better off contacting the agent via their own email/website. Do not use rightmove. They collect far too much information (why is a phone number mandatory??) and why is my personal postcode mandatory?"
"What have you done? Used to be the very best quick review of properties for sale, but now can't filter, change page or read a full page. What a shame for sellers on page 2,3,4 ...... A complete waist of time"
"I'm not impressed with Rightmove. Although the blame may not be Rightmoves, I find the accuracy of their data to be extremely poor. I'm searching for a detached house. On the initial search screen there's an option to search for houses, or bungalows, flats etc. Once you've set your search criteria you can filter by property type. Filtering by detached houses,,,,hmm... The results include bungalows, 'park' (aka mobile) homes and holiday lodges, mid terraced houses and 'cottages', and even 'a luxury 2 bedroom top floor apartment'! Rightmove has the worse search results of any system I've seen; whether that is rightmove's problem or down to estate agent stupidity I don't know. Then we have the sold properties that remain on rightmove's property search as still for sale. Once again, rightmove or incompetent estate agents? Looking at zoopla the quality of data seems much better, so I have to assume rightmove are the culprits."
"I've been looking for somewhere new to rent for over three weeks now, with no luck as yet. This is predominantly because letting agents very, very rarely respond to the enquiry form sent in via the Rightmove website. When I've chased enquiries via the telephone I've found that a) some of the letting agent telephone numbers are incorrect on Rightmove, b) a lot of letting agents claim never to have seen your enquiry form/that it has been "lost", and c) that you are promised call backs that never materialise. I've also noticed that some letting agents are not making it clear on Rightmove whether properties will accept pets (and when you enquire about it you're told that if it doesn't say anything about pets, it means no pets allowed.... (eh?)), and that quite a few semi-detached and terraced properties are coming up in the detached-only search results. A very disappointing experience thus far."
"It has taken me 3 months to get my deposit back. After beening told i had i had to pay £120 as a moving out charge, when i asked for prove it toke 1 month for them to send it to me. I asked where it said i had to pay it they said "oh sorry you didnt have to" . It has taken 1 mouth to get them to pay it after lots of calls. DO NOT USE RIGHT MOVE as they will try and rip you of."
"rubbish no viewings poor pictures no help advice more contact when they wanted paying rubbish"
"I emailed them about a flat, heard nothing back, called them, had a lovely guy answer, said someone will contact me the following day, heard nothing at all. Other than the guy I spoke to, they're all useless, not happy at all."
Rightmove is rated 4.68 based on 7,083 reviews

Get ready for our phone call!