The London Mint Office Reviews

Based on 378 reviews
Telephone, Email, Live Chat
Read The London Mint Office Reviews

About The London Mint Office:

The first London 1948 ingot struck featuring The Olympic Museum historic assets in celebration of London, the world&rsquo;s only &lsquo;three times&rsquo; Olympic Host City.<br /> <br /> Only &pound;9.99 (A &pound;20 saving)<br /> <br /> Fully layered with pure 24 carat gold<br /> <br /> Limited edition each one uniquely numbered<br /> <br />

Tell us how The London Mint Office made you happy
Avoid this company at all costs… I’ve paid regularly and up to date… constant demand letters and threatening debt collection toon agency!!! I’m quite happy for the agency to see my regular payments made… bring it on!!!! Added £10 each time, utter disgrace of a company who you cannot get hold of… Cowboy and scam firm… stay well clear of… keep your money in your own pocket and buy elsewhere from a reputable company! I’m sure bbc watchdog and trading standards would love a debate on them publicly
I was sent out two of the same coin so sent one back, tracked, got proof of posting, and a few days ago received a letter for payment for the one coin already paid for by PayPal. I tried on a few occasions to call 3 numbers on the letters and receipts but never got through on any of them. I’ve communicated with a member of staff ( via email) who told me they haven’t received the sent back coin !! So to email proof of posting. Absolute mess going back and forth with them, plus I sent off for a Jubilee coin paid for in May, it’s come out of my account, but they told me it’s arrived at my house in July, no it hasn’t !!! Will not do business with them again total mess up !!
After reading the reviews I don't think I'll ever get my coins.
As per the majority of these comments, I naively made a purchase. LMO keep on bombarding me with sales calls and mailing more products that I have not requested! I’ve returned two products using Royal Mail next day guaranteed tracking service to ensure the products were returned to the appropriate destination. A week later I receive an invoice demanding payment and with the threat of a £10 fine on top! Avoid like the plague! Does anyone have any helpful suggestions on how to stop this company sending me any communications? I have sent several emails to their customer care team requesting my information be deleted. They’ve replied according to GDPR it will take 30 days before they will reach a decision.
The London Mint Office 1 star review on 20th August 2022
In May i paid a £395 a first payment for Falkland Islands comemerative coin's. Having eventually after asking for return labels had them emailed to me and returned the coins. According to my account they received the coins on the 7 th June. After having returned from holiday i managed to talk to someone who said it would take a month to get my £395 back. Early July i noticed i had credit of £395 in my account. So i thought any day now the money would appear back in my account no chance. I managed to talk to them again they seemed surprised that i wanted the money refunded to my Bank ! Which i requested. Three weeks later i no longer have any credit nor money. And of course i can not talk to anyone.
Spoke to somebody about 10 to 11 days ago dating I do not want this gold coin asked how can I send it back they told me they will send something to stick on the box so I can send it back instead I've had a bill for it and an extra £10 put on top for late I do not want the the coin because it's gold and I've already stopped all the rest coming to my house so please can you send me the sticker so I can send this coin back I have made more than 12 telephone calls today day from 9 no one one.has phone me back it's very bad service I'm sorry to say I don't want this coin how do I send it back please I'm getting very panicky and I'm ill 07940655525
Forget the free coin offer , you will be Lucky if it arrives. Yours Robert Irvine
Myself, my son and my mum all ordered a jubilee coin, as seen on TV, at the end of May. To date, we have not received this. I emailed them and the reply was they are inundated by with orders. The promise was in this was to be dispatched on 28 days. It is now 13th July and nothing. Is this a scam? I know it's only £2.50 each, but how many thousands of people have paid up and not received the goods
Trying to return an item. Called number as asked to do so if wish to return have called and left number for call back service. No joy. I'll be returning with proof of postage. Terrible service.
Well I've prdered a a jubilee coin about 2 weeks ago & judging by the poor reviews I'm uncertain mine will be delivered & they should put on their website there's no guarantee quick deliveries
I am sure they are great with anything straight forward however if you run into a problem they seem to struggle with the concept of customer service. We had a duplicate account at the same address which they mixed up the billing for and have repeatedly sent demand notices incorrectly adding £10 each time. They can be difficult to get hold of and constantly bombard you with phone calls i am pressuming to chase money (i never answered as some of us do work for a living and cant be answering the phone to them all the time). They seem really terrible at updating details even though they say they have. The operatives do not listen to the problem to understand and correct it, they stick to a script and they quite like to hang up on you also. I am not saying do not use them they do some great products , but be warned about the pain you will go through if something isnt quite right. I will never use them again from my own personal experience. Eventually i spoke to someone with common sense that could see what had happened........maybe their next issue should be common sense coins and be free issue to staff.
2/2 OK this gets much worse; Having read previous reviews I went to check if any further charges had been taken, and to my horror, 10 days later a sum of almost £18 was taken for a 2nd order I did not even make! I had to phone the company LMO who tried to tell me I had made a 2nd order for this “gold layered” Elvis coin, yet this wasn’t my doing - having asked my grandmother, she confirmed she never received a 2nd coin. I have had to cancel the card I used to make the first and only transaction to stop them taking any more sums of money without my prior authorisation. My grandmother and I were, you could say, a bit naive, probably, to the fact that the minute you bought the £2.50 p&p / free Elvis coin you automatically signed up to receive the whole collection. However, neither she nor myself saw any small print or extra information regarding additional charges. It’s a bit naughty of LMO, people need to know what they’re really buying and paying out for!
I purchased TWO Elvis Presley coins; one for my mum one for my vulnerable 90 yr old grandmother. I only ordered the 1st two I would pay 2.50 p&p for they did not want full sets. I have had to block several phone calls from London Mint Office since. Harassment to force you to buy more and spend tens of thousands on coins
I ordered a coin for my mum as a present it never turned up and when I enquired about it they refused to talk to me, as they said because it was in my mom‘s name they could only talk to her. Regardless of how many times I told them it was me that ordered it, made it paid for it they still refused to talk to me. Appalling customer service more never use them again.
I've received a letter stating I owe 17.50p today, I only requested 3 2.50pence coins that were paid for, I will not be bullied into paying what I don't owe, and do not wish to receive anymore phone calls asking me to purchase anymore, clearly a con! Is arrassment and will take the matter further against you if it happens again.
I purchure the strength and stay set bought out plus a silver half crown set. I paid over the phone a first installment then when I got the bill I paid the remaining owing,plus a first payment for the silver coin. On receiving the coin I also received a bill for the outstanding amount but paid by check the last two payment which has cleared from my account. I have now received a letter telling me I owe £23.31 for a paying not paid. After many calls I finale got through to a man who looked at it told me customer services would contact me in 48 hrs never did. I've received another letter i contacted the office again after waiting on the phone for around 30mins they answered explained all again I was rather irate by now I was told he would escullate to customer service they would be in touch still waiting. Its an horrendous service they keep billing you saying you haven't paid then have the nerve to keep adding £10 to your bill my bill that I have already paid has excullated to 43.64. You cannot get through at all to customer service they never answer. I will never by from them again. So avoid this company.
I have had several sets from the London mint, they are fabulous quality and always have gorgeous presentation folders. I frequently liaise with Jennifer who is exceptionally helpful and always does her utmost to help with my selection or purchase. I would recommend the company in a heartbeat for its gorgeous coins.
Avoid these people and company and save your money. My mother bought the Elvis Presley coin set, not including the £400+ coin. Set was £149.99 and agreed to pay in 3 instalments. She made first payment via the phone and lady told her next one could be done via my mothers online account which she did on the second payment, both showing on her bank statement and internet banking. 3rd and last is due 15th of this month but this week she got a letter saying she hasn’t made no payments at all which is 100% a lie! Plus we have proof they were paid. She called LMO this afternoon to be given “oh the accounts department probably haven’t updated your account” then proceeds to ask if we had proof she paid. Are they seriously accusing her of lying? He said he would email accounts to update her account but I’m not holding my breath and she’s expecting another threatening letter demanding money they already have! If all fails, will be reporting them to ombudsman and trading standards.
I have been trying to return a coin which I did not order for the last 2 months. They said that a return label was on its way. I am still waiting for a return label. In the meantime they are charging me for delayed payments. I will be seeking legal advice on this.
Avoid this company like the PLAGUE. Seriously, don't buy anything with them. I purchased a Gold Quarter Sovereign coin from the LMO, after a month it still hadn't turned up, but I received two bills for payment, even though I hadn't received the coin, with the first bill for £99 (which was the price of the coin, but it was originally to be paid over 3 months at £33 per month), but instead wanted me to pay £99 in total. The second bill then arrived then arrived and a £10 admin fee was added to the total bill due to me not paying the first bill, DESPITE THE FACT that I still hadn't received the coin. So, I called the customer services line over the coming days, and I could never get through to someone to speak to about this. Eventually after attempting numerous times over numerous days, I got to through to someone. Now, this is why LMO get 2 stars instead of one. The person I spoke to was a lovely lady who listened to what I said, eased my fears about the bill in that they told me that they knew I didn't have the coin so they knew I wasn't calling under false pretences. To that end they then requested a new coin to be sent out and for the original payment plan to be reinstated (£33 every month). However, the key part here is that they KNEW I didn't have the coin - it was in Royal Mail's possession - yet they had the nerve to bill me and ask for payment for something I didn't receive. I then get an email from the LMO some time later asking for payment, despite the coin not having arrived AGAIN, so I complained and told them that this is ridiculous that I was getting billed for something I hadn't received and relayed to them how frustrating this is. Then, as sod's law would dictate, the coin ACTUALLY arrived that very afternoon, however, due to the bad experience I had (except for the lovely customer services person who helped me), with the LMO, I emailed them to say that I was sending the coin back, but that they would have to pay for the postage due to all of the hassle. Now - this is they get two stars instead of one - they actually sent me a pre-paid postage sticker with tracked delivery that I would put on the envelope which contained the coin, which I sent back soon afterwards and I thought that was it. Oh boy was I wrong, just today, I received ANOTHER bill from the LMO for the SAME coin that I had sent to them previously for around £115, which is frustrating and stressful to deal with. I have had depression and anxiety for over two decades, now on a good day, you'd never know that I had mental health issues, but on bad days, I can be an absolute wreck and/or bed bound and incapable of dealing with financial matters and administration and constantly sending me bills for (a) a coin I had never received and (b) for a coin that I had sent back to them. It seems like the customer services part of the company and the billing department do not talk to each other or because they clearly just send out the bills and don't bother to check if the coin has been sent out/received/returned and they just pump out the bills. Either way, this is a terrible way to run a business and will continue to lose customers who get stressed and frustrated by having to do with repeated bills and demands for payment for products not received or sent back to them. No one needs the hassle, but especially for someone like me battling mental health issues, I simply do NOT have the capabilities to deal with stuff like this on a regular basis. Therefore, please avoid the LMO if you can. The customer service team ARE good, if you can get through to them, but even then you'll still get billed for stuff you haven't received or sent back.
The London Mint Office is rated 3.6 based on 378 reviews