the saleroom Reviews

of reviewers recommend the saleroom
Telephone, Email, Live Chat

Tell us how the saleroom made you happy
I bid £450 for an item.It sold for £450. I assumed I had won it. Apparently not. I contacted them and said I had placed the very first bid on autobids and I therefore imagined I would be the winner. They have not contacted me with an explanation. Very frustrating-this is the third time it has happened to me. I will stop using them.
Most pictures conceal defects. Broken and patched items are passed as sound. Typically 20% fees are levied for selling and for buying with additional 5% per transaction for the sale-rooms. And, shipping is expensive. A complete ripoff.
YOU CAN CALL THE THE CAUBOYS OF THE SCAMMERS, YOU LIKE TO REAP PEOPLE OFF, REGISTER WITH THE SALE ALIKE ALL THOSE AUCTION DO, THE SALE ROOM HELP THOSE SCAMER COMPNAY TO TAKE YOU MONEY OUT OF YUOR POKET. STAY AWAY FROM THE SALE ROOM
Terrible customer service.
Also their auction website is very primitive and search function etc. is very basic.
Useless Customer Service!!!
They don’t even bother to hear what really happened !
Extremely upset and disappointed.
I was bidding live and won two items I wanted. To be sure I clicked “Won list” and surprise!!!
There was one more item I’ve never seen,wanted and bid.
When I called customer service I’ve been told that I even left autobit of £200 for that rotten chair and their system is absolutely perfect so fault is mine. They can do nothing!!!
Auto bids don't get through before room bids. Customer services try blaming everything else but there system no managers available to talk to very bad company.
Yet again I have lost an item I thought i had won. I bid a maximum £8 before the auction started and it sold for £8.....but not to me! Instead of asking for an amount higher than my bid this system allows someone present at the actual auction to bid the same amount and win. Very frustrating. Its happened to me many times now. This is bad for the buyer and the seller who could have got a higher price. A massively flawed system in my view.
Do not help the bidder from rogue auction houses who charge fortunes for post and packaging after the event...no meditation between bidder and auction house....auction house always right apparently......terrible customer service.....avoid and telephone bid direct with the auction house...
Jekyll and Hyde Customer Service
I quote one of your the previous reviewers who stated in his review some months ago "When we attempted to address the problem with them just some rude woman said there is nothing she can do and stated she was too busy and hung up" We had exactly the same experience but it was interesting that when problem arose in the first place, the woman that we spoke to was all sweetness and light because she had made an error. We then made a mistake and the same woman was rude and obnoxious and slammed the phone down in the same manner as quoted above. We will not be dealing with this auction house again and it would be a great favour to us if Stroud Auction Rooms could arrange for us to be banned from using their services in the future just in case we accidently expose ourselves to this member of their Customer Services Department again.
TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!

I have been using the Saleroom for bidding online at various different auction houses for several years. I never encountered a problem before, but unfortunately in April I was scammed by an auction house (London Auctions Chiswick) that I used through The Saleroom.

Essentially I won an item, paid for it, sent a courier to collect it and he was told it was 'missing'. After calling the auction to confirm it was definitely there, I sent him again, and when he arrived, again it was apparently 'missing'. Two months on and they've basically stolen my money and refuse to give me the item, but there's been no talk of a refund either.

After I was getting nowhere with the Auction House, I contacted The Saleroom, thinking surely they would do something about this. After complaining to the Saleroom and sending emails back and forth for over a month, they eventually sent me a message saying they had logged the complaint but would do NOTHING. This means they just completely allow scammers and dodgy auction houses to use their website, and they take ZERO responsibility for anything that goes wrong. I'm appalled at their lack of support, and the lack of recourse for the auction house - surely they should be banned from the website, and I should be refunded?

Either way, I'm beyond disappointed with the lack of help that was offered by them and I think it's horrific that they allow auction houses like that to work via their website and scam people out of money. I would avoid them at all costs, and instead try bidding directly via auction houses' websites, or using other sites such as invaluable.
Visited us at home and gave honest valuations,which proved to be very close to the prices we achieved at the sale.All items sold.Paperwork very comprehensive and kept us fully informed.
This was the first time used Stroud Action Rooms which was seen in a local paper. Misled on the value of vinyle records given by there representative and the true value not informed about until seen by the value-er but the value of other items were correct.
My friend and I have used Stroud Auction Rooms several times to date and would recommend to anyone. Unlike others in the area they never make you feel inferior or that you are wasting their time even if your items are of no great value. We have always found the staff friendly and helpful. We also had a home visit recently and they arrived on time, didn't make us feel rushed at all and we will definitely use them in the future.
Be very aware if your buying from Stroud Auction Rooms via The Saleroom and internet bidding, I spent many thousands of pounds and although the staff were friendly and very polite there were no boxes available so be advised to take your own, I ended up with a car full of loose diecast models which took hours to collect and load. Look very closely at the pictures or phone them for a condition report on each item as the descriptions are very vague and they do not give the condition of the items, many of my lots were either broken in there original boxes or repainted models which would have swayed me not to buy those lots. May I add that it would be very doubtful if I use them again, I have found other auction houses selling toys a bit more switched on.
Quick up date I have just been banned from Stroud Auction Rooms 03/06/19 for giving them a truthful review, after a not so polite phone call from a rude lady I am very happy to be banned, If you do use them I wish you the very best of luck ! they are a lot worse than I first imagined.
Simply avoid buying via the saleroom. You pay extra but you get no protection or back up. It is a scam like booking.com or Airbnb. They take your money but don't get and support.
It is a good search engine but that is it
this is company www.the-saleroom.com let pore auction houses like
Clowes Nash Auctions Ltd well know at CNA-LTD THE GOT DIFERENT NAME TO CARRION WITH THE cam

sale fake Rolex and parts on the web, you need to pay for the lots and after impossible to get any money back, i did lost about £3000 and the-saleroom don't help me with nothing

never got any help from them
I have been to lots of auction rooms in the South -west and Stroud Auctions are definitely my favourite. Have bought and sold many times and have always been 100% happy. Staff are always pleasant, knowledgeable, and helpful.I cant think of a single thing to be critical about. I have had some excellent prices when selling and lots of nice bargains when buying. What more can I want.
We have been delighted with the advice and expertise delivered by Stroud Auctions. They recently sold a refectory table and chairs, the resulting price exceeded expectations. We will certainly use them again.
Having read some of these reviews,I find it difficult to believe they refer to Stroud Auctions. I can only think that they are connected in some way with an axe to grind.
I have dealt with them several times over the past three or four years and have always found them to be welcoming,helpful and professional. As an example of their professionalism, I had cause to use them for some items which another auction house, providing probate valuations, had dismissed as near worthless. Among these items were three Chinese bowls which subsequently fetched well over £5,000. So you can imagine how pleased I was with the result.
I have only given them 4 out of 5 stars because I almost never give 5 as this is an indication of perfection which, as we all know, is a practical impossibility. I am not a dealer.
the saleroom is rated 2.06 based on 33 reviews