Ambrose Wilson Reviews

of reviewers recommend Ambrose Wilson
Telephone, Live Chat, Email
Read Ambrose Wilson Reviews

About Ambrose Wilson:

Ambrose Wilson specializes in ladies clothing, footwear & lingerie, your alternative to the high street. Get great value underwear in back sizes 36-56 and cups A-L and plus size clothing in sizes 12-34. Expert fashion advice and clothing for all occasions, you are sure to find what you need.

0871 231 2000

Griffin House, 40 Lever Street,

Tell us how Ambrose Wilson made you happy
Absolute idiots I applied got accepted gave me a credit limit or £150 spent it on my children received a confirmation email of the items I’d ordered to go back on to the website to check status of order to see it said cancelled on all the items rang them up today to be told something must of came back on my credit file I have another catalogue with jd williams linked to it and my credit score is £1500 I pay fine and never miss a by payments very misleading and I don’t think it should be passed full stop if this is the case not given half way get people’s hopes up than stripped of it #NotHappy🤬
These are a dreadful company that prey on the poor. Their practices are unscrupulous and they do not carry out credit checks prior to issuing credit accounts. After multiple credit increases that I never used, I found myself needing a new appliance costing around £300. As soon as I took advantage of the credit increase they increased my rate of interest to an exorbitant amount claiming that there had been an increase in risk. If a customer is considered a risk, why repeatedly increase credit limits? So they can get as much money out of you as possible as they can increase your rate of interest with every increase in your balance and claim that an 'increase of risk' forces them to put your account from 30 odd percent to almost 60 %! They are nothing but glorified thieves who engage in practices that see you paying way more than you can realistically afford when they up your interest rate to ridiculous levels. And don't expect to be treated appropriately when you make complaints - staff haven't a clue what they are doing and when you threaten legal action and insist they provide all of your details under GDPR, they ignore you because they know they are acting illegally and don't want you to have the evidence that proves it. Stay well away from this company. It is better to go without than have to deal with a law breaking company that preys on and exploits the poor!
Got account with them, paid on time, monthly credit increases until today when they dropped my credit limit back to £125 without informing me. Absolutely fuming, no letters, phone calls. Disgusting way to treat a loyal Customer.
Disgusting customer service.Ordered an oven 14th Dec email to say del on 16th never arrived.Rang given a new date 23rd Dec.Wired in 24th Dec timer didn't work.I have been trying ever since to get it returned. Online chat +++,emails++++,letter enclosing photos of all chats,plus at least 5 phone calls.Each time told something dif.From it will be coll & a new one sent(17th Jan -never arr)to it's my responsibility to contact supplier to get it fixed-errr no don't think so when it arrived broken.Another call stating will be collected(nothing happened)To being told by case manager I gave to ring Hoover candy to get a ref num so they can issue return.Rang them very rude man at Hoover candy no that isnt what happens he said.Back to A.W the latest 3 days ago a return has been raised .Well that remains to be seen.Looks like trading standards here I come. Have been a loyal customer for 20 years disgusting company wouldn't ever order again from them
Made an order which they refused and cancelled my credit. After 5 weeks e-mailing them they reinstated and told me to re-order which I did-they cancelled whole account! Cannot access even to make a payment. No answer as yet to my e-mails. I REFUSE to telephone, too expensive and THEIR error. All this btw is after 10 years as a customer! Not impressed
The website failed at point of payment - it continuely tried to make us set up a credit account. It would not let us just opt out and just pay. We both work with on-line companies so are used to point of sale payment, but found this to be one of the most annoying websites we've ever used, needless to say we've purchased what we needed elsewhere. Ambrose Wilson - should imagine most of your customers are elderly - sort your website out!
Ambrose wilson gave me a 125 credit limit which I ordered and recieved SOME of the goods on, I made a payment, they refunded the thing that went missing and then THEY TOOK THE CREDIT LIMIT AWAY. WHY. THEY STILL HAVENT EXPLAINED. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE AND GO TO A RELIABLE CATALOGUE. THATS MY OPINION.
Ordered a pair of shoes paid on my debit card, received one mans dapper jacket, rang to tell them said they were going collect and refund delivery charges on first order & had to reorder shoes said I would not pay delivery on that either as it was their fault but they've taken double delivery charges on my second order then to cap it off wrong delivery address on second order. As said in other reviews first time customer will not be ordering from this company again.
Ambrose Wilson is rated 2.05 based on 38 reviews