Ambrose Wilson Reviews

Based on 55 reviews
Telephone, Live Chat, Email
Read Ambrose Wilson Reviews

About Ambrose Wilson:

Ambrose Wilson specializes in ladies clothing, footwear & lingerie, your alternative to the high street. Get great value underwear in back sizes 36-56 and cups A-L and plus size clothing in sizes 12-34. Expert fashion advice and clothing for all occasions, you are sure to find what you need.

0871 231 2000

Griffin House, 40 Lever Street,
Manchester
M60 6ES

Tell us how Ambrose Wilson made you happy
Fantastic service from start to finish. I was well informed regarding expected delivery dates. So far all of my orders have been of fantastic quality and great value for money. Their online ordering system is faultless. Highly recommend this company!
Am very happy with my clothes and that and I use you them all the time x
Am very happy with my clothes and that and I use you them all the time x
Quick response from them to change my email and very quick sending goods
I have found Ambrose Wilson to be very good, everything I ordered came on time and fitted well.
Good quality goods with quick delivery
Site is easy to use and secure. Deliveries are prompt and returns easy to send back. All goods are of good quality and value for money and there is a lot of variety for different tastes. Have been a customer for many years.
Good delivery times easy to returns unwanted goods free.
Ordered twice from them and both times had no problem. Kept first items. Apair of boots that did not cost a lot but looked like they did. The second parcel was 2 pairs of slim leggings. The blue ones fit in body but too short and black pair too big and too short. Both size 12. Sending back. Lovely customer service young lady made arrangements to be collected from me as im disabled. Only down side to Company is having to have an account. Most Companies do Guest checkout option. Therefore 4 stars. You dont have to use credit. So does it matter. All websites want email address and password and your address. Oy the same. I pay for my goods.
I am really happy with all my clothes really good quality. And also good delivery and refunds.
Generally good value and prompt delivery.
Ordered a raincoat yesterday morning, paid the next day delivery, and received an email today that there is a delay with Hermes of 24 hours. We are going to an outdoor event tomorrow and paid for next day as forecast is for heavy rain, called AW, explained to woman on other end and she offered to refund my next day delivery charge straight away (seems to be a regular occupancy??), I asked if they could call Hermes and see if it was with the courier as we could possibly collect (surely they have a contact number for their delivery company??), held for a few mins and then just came back and asked for neighbours address and name to get it delivered too, no mention that she couldn't call Hermes, there is nothing she can do etc. Won't be ordering from AW again - Anne
I was looking up fleeces on your website and I found two I liked I added them to the basket then tried to checkout as a guest but your website insisted that I sign up for a credit account I did this just so I could buy the items I am not very impressed with your company
Ambrose Wilson are aware that their delivery contractors are woefully behind, and our order, placed on 2 Dec 2022, still hasn't arrived. Yet they have sent out an invoice demanding payment. Unfortunately, their web site doesn't seem to have an "My parcel hasn't been delivered." option.
can i leave less than one star ,, still having problems with them , no replies to emails although im now receiving late payment notifications through the post , also to add insult they are sending notifications regarding problems paying your account , the only problem i have is every payment iv made to you so, far and that`s now 6 you have lost until i send you photographic evidence then you find it :) im afraid you are a total joke , i will pay off this account and then see what you do ,
Accounts still showing in debit even though you have received items my 80 year mom is worried sick as she already terminally ill you had numerous phone calls and been told items returned. I will be taking legal action if you don't sort
Started a chat about a delivery which I have been waiting for 5 weeks. No explanation why. Keep cutting me off and putting in queue no.9. 40 minutes and still waiting.
Am new customer with Ambrose Wison. Aug 2022 My Mother shopped with them for years & loved them. Shocked to find I'm having issues with them. No problems with ordering or delivery just the statements & accounting end of things! My first item bought in the sale £18.20 continues to show up on the statement at the full price £26.00. Despite an email to confirm the correct sale price. Second item £30.00 was returned as faulty. Unfortunately I paid them £56.00 to cover both items before I discovered their error on the statement & the fault in the goods. You can only contact them via the online forms on their website so you won't have a record of what you've contacted them about. Screen shot any emails you send & keep them on your desktop. You'll need to be on your toes & have your wits about you. Feel sorry for anyone elderly on their own dealing with them. My statement reads -£30.00 when it should be -£67.80. Putting me off having anything more to do with them. Have been fobbed off with 1 email so far, have sent reply. Await response.
Having decided to totally withdraw their printed catalogues my elderly mother is now unable to shop with them. Their poor decision has surely cut a large number of housebound, IT challenged, elderly customers from their business. I understand that costs and environmental concerns exist but surely there are exceptional circumstances to consider. My mother has had yet another means of access to the outside world removed!!
still on going problems with them loosing every payment ever made to them , after 4 payments and having to provide proof off every one by copy and paste they now want photographic evidence on the 5 th lost payment , the most ridiculous situation iv ever come across and after reading some of these reviews im not the only one , my patience is now done with , i wouldn't recommend them , especially when other retailers offer the same service and actually far cheaper with out the hassle of chasing every payment made to them , dealing ith eels is far less slippery
Ambrose Wilson is rated 1.8 based on 55 reviews