Ambrose Wilson Reviews

of reviewers recommend Ambrose Wilson
Telephone, Live Chat, Email
Read Ambrose Wilson Reviews

About Ambrose Wilson:

Ambrose Wilson specializes in ladies clothing, footwear & lingerie, your alternative to the high street. Get great value underwear in back sizes 36-56 and cups A-L and plus size clothing in sizes 12-34. Expert fashion advice and clothing for all occasions, you are sure to find what you need.

0871 231 2000

Griffin House, 40 Lever Street,

Tell us how Ambrose Wilson made you happy
Fantastic service from start to finish. I was well informed regarding expected delivery dates. So far all of my orders have been of fantastic quality and great value for money. Their online ordering system is faultless. Highly recommend this company!
Am very happy with my clothes and that and I use you them all the time x
Am very happy with my clothes and that and I use you them all the time x
Quick response from them to change my email and very quick sending goods
I have found Ambrose Wilson to be very good, everything I ordered came on time and fitted well.
Good quality goods with quick delivery
Site is easy to use and secure. Deliveries are prompt and returns easy to send back. All goods are of good quality and value for money and there is a lot of variety for different tastes. Have been a customer for many years.
Good delivery times easy to returns unwanted goods free.
I am really happy with all my clothes really good quality. And also good delivery and refunds.
Generally good value and prompt delivery.
Ordered a raincoat yesterday morning, paid the next day delivery, and received an email today that there is a delay with Hermes of 24 hours. We are going to an outdoor event tomorrow and paid for next day as forecast is for heavy rain, called AW, explained to woman on other end and she offered to refund my next day delivery charge straight away (seems to be a regular occupancy??), I asked if they could call Hermes and see if it was with the courier as we could possibly collect (surely they have a contact number for their delivery company??), held for a few mins and then just came back and asked for neighbours address and name to get it delivered too, no mention that she couldn't call Hermes, there is nothing she can do etc. Won't be ordering from AW again - Anne
I was looking up fleeces on your website and I found two I liked I added them to the basket then tried to checkout as a guest but your website insisted that I sign up for a credit account I did this just so I could buy the items I am not very impressed with your company
Don’t buy anything ever from this company. This company preys on vulnerable people who are unable to comprehend what 69.9% apr means. When called to account they try to confuse the caller with lies and intimidation. This company disgusts me.
Something dreadful has happened at Ambrose Wilson, the website continually refuses to accept my pass word or states that the passwords don ‘t match, after 10 years of trouble free shopping there is now chaos, you are no longer able to speak with anyone in the uk, so called customer services are now the other side of the world, they lie to you, refuse to connect you to a supervisor and refuse to connect you with anyone in the UK. I have had to change my password 6 times and still can’t get any further, hours of wasted time. They actually don’t want you to order on line they want you to order through them. Do not trust these people. Why on earth we can no longer talk to the customer services in Manchester who always understood what you needed and any problems were sorted out promptly, it is now utter chaos, all they say continually is that they are having problems with the website, this has been going on for 6 months. Ambrose Wilson if you read this bring it back to the way it was before or loose customers through the frustration of it all
After 20 trouble free years with this company I have now given up this catalogue. Why? For the first time ever I was charged a credit charge, and despite querying it they showed no appreciation of a loyal customer, instead they replied with a curt letter refusing to refund me and saying that was the end of the matter. When I work the calculations back myself I calculate that I was charged interest on a balance way in excess of the outstanding amount at the prior statement, and given that I paid in full for what I had kept, and returned everything else, I don't feel I should have been charged at all. No explanation given of how the amount was calculated, they just told me to 'off'. Do yourselves a favour, use a different catalogue.
Ordered item from company which arrived fine then could not log into account and details had been changed called customer services who did not understand issue but reported complaint received debt chasing letter and letter saying complaint was being dealt with on the same day called again but could not pass security to pay and have constantly been chased over debt and advised I was a victim of fraud but nothing has been done I can't log into computer and I can't pay them and was told to contact ombudsman but ombudsman have said same thing.
Been a loyal customer for 2 years, always paid on or well before money was due and often paid more than was asked. I got email from them saying I hadn't paid, it came out of my bank, so I did pay as impossible to communicate with them. Credit was dropped to zero. Still waiting on an explanation!!! Decided they are not type of company I wish to spend my money with... will be going back to high street shopping again..... would not recommend this catalogue.
I am not very impressed with your company I have been let down I checked with you before ordering the item I wanted was in-stock you confirmed this so I ordered the item I got two emails first one confirmed my order then a email saying that there is a issue with my order saying that it will be dispatched later so might take a couple of days late and today I got a email saying that you have cancelled my order saying that it will not be coming I called you today but the advisor was absolutely useless and had no idea how to deal with the situation , my order number is 0832213 and also in my confirmation email it quoted in stock , and the item number is X1001LS , and we have no transport or family support nearby and no one can drive in our house for medical reasons and and we are all clinically extremely vulnerable and because of this issue I will struggle to get another bra to go with the dress I am wearing to a family party and I can not afford a new dress and bra because I will have to wait until the money going back into my bank account but by the time it comes back into my bank account I will not have time to get a new dress or bra I am feeling very stressed with this situation
First time shopping with Ambrose Wilson, bought 5 items costing over £100. Paid extra for express next day delivery. After not receiving the clothes and seeing my Hermes tracker that the goods haven’t even reached the courier I called Ambrose Wilson. I needed the items before a weekend away and allowed 4 days despite paying for next day. I’ve been refused a refund despite not getting the items, and they ‘think’ they’re damaged in transit but they can’t refund until the goods come back from the courier who’s system says they’ve not received them in the first place! Total scam and would warn anyone to think before placing an order and suggest trying a reputable company.
Disgusting customer service.Ordered an oven 14th Dec email to say del on 16th never arrived.Rang given a new date 23rd Dec.Wired in 24th Dec timer didn't work.I have been trying ever since to get it returned. Online chat +++,emails++++,letter enclosing photos of all chats,plus at least 5 phone calls.Each time told something dif.From it will be coll & a new one sent(17th Jan -never arr)to it's my responsibility to contact supplier to get it fixed-errr no don't think so when it arrived broken.Another call stating will be collected(nothing happened)To being told by case manager I gave to ring Hoover candy to get a ref num so they can issue return.Rang them very rude man at Hoover candy no that isnt what happens he said.Back to A.W the latest 3 days ago a return has been raised .Well that remains to be seen.Looks like trading standards here I come. Have been a loyal customer for 20 years disgusting company wouldn't ever order again from them
Ambrose Wilson is rated 2.05 based on 38 reviews