durham animal feeds Reviews

of reviewers recommend durham animal feeds

Tell us how durham animal feeds made you happy
spoke to sarah today who is apparently a manager and she was absolutely disgraceful. accused me of saying something and when i tried to correct her she told me to stop talking down to her. i just couldn't carry on the call with her so asked to speak to someone else. we then established that my delivery instructions had not been passed on to the driver resulting in me not being able to locate the food and my dog going hungry. i have been buying from this place for over two years and not only has the quality of the meat deteriorated over this time but the way i was spoken to was unforgivable. i will be looking for another supplier and advising my friends to do the same. if daf need to locate me my last invoice number is inv38446 sales number so0039105
Awful food, large amount of very large and extremely sharp pieces of bone, lots of skin too. Meat often smells bad when defrosted and my dogs refuse to eat it. Recently the minced rabbit was nothing but slop, all 6 of my dogs ate it but were then violently ill.
I won’t be using DAF again
Lots of their food either smells off or has a strange smell, plus the colour isn’t fresh looking. The meats have a lot of skin in them so are higher fat than many. The rabbit is a strange colour land smells odd - I suspect something else is being added in to pack it out. I would rather pay more for better quality meat. Won’t be using this range again and it’s their best range.
My dog has vomited after eating some of their meats but been fine with the same protein from other suppliers. Avoid!
I recently purchased £38.50 worth of raw meat from DAF which came frozen, so I placed into my freezer immediately. I purchased pork mince, beef mince and chicken feet. Upon defrosting the beef, it was very poor quality and had an off smell. My dog wasn’t keen on eating this meat, so I attempted trying other packets which resulted in them mostly being thrown away. My dog LOVES beef so this was very strange. I then defrosted the pork and it had an awful smell to it, so I tried a few and they all got thrown away. Lastly the chicken feet, they had urine burns all over them, so I find it hard to believe they are free range, they smelled awful even when frozen not like chicken feet I have bought from other companies in the past.
I contacted DAF who picked up all the meat a week later (which left me in a pickle as I cannot source raw meat straight away in my location) I then chased them up and they informed me the pork didn’t seem okay, but the rest of the meat was fine and they gave some to their own dogs (poor dogs). All the meat was clearly off so for them to tell me it was okay was not acceptable. I had multiple friends/family confirm this meat was not suitable for consumption. The outcome is I received £22.90 as a voucher which didn’t include delivery, so If I choose to use up my voucher I have an additional £9.99 to pay!
To add the small amount my dog ate, she became quite ill, vomiting and diarrhoea which is very unlike her.
Will never buy from this company again, poor service and awful meat!
durham animal feeds is rated 3.00 based on 10 reviews