Garden Gear Reviews

of reviewers recommend Garden Gear

Tell us how Garden Gear made you happy
I've honestly have to say that seeing so many bad reviews made me think if I really want to buy from Garden Gear, looking on to their official site made me want to buy, they have a great selection of garden tools. I recieved a 5% discount for my entire bill and despite all bad reviews I saw, I told myself let's give it a try. Here I am today telling you that we humans tend to write a review when something goes wrong, but forget to thank when we are pleased with something. I bought different electric garden equipment and I am very pleased with all their tools. Long red cables to be clearly visible, great quality tools and space savers when done with them so you can easily fold them and store them in small storage. I also saw bad reviews about costumer service, well I'm here to say that I had the opportunity to speak with "Beth Miles - Costumer service" and I had nothing but great experience. Thank you Beth and thank you G.G.
Terrible terrible service I ordered furniture in May delivery date was put back then they cancelled the order and did not tell me and kept my money I only found out today when I called to enquire about delivery DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY .
Delivery of the product was satisfactory so the 1 star. Stating it takes 2 people to put it up is a joke....Try about 5 or 6 as all the joints are so wobbly nothing stays in place long enough to bolt together !
Do not order from this business. I placed an order with them back in May, they took my payment and sent me an email to say my order had been processed. Two days later they sent me an email to say that my order was actually out of stock and it was going to be back in two weeks time. I rang up after 2 weeks to be told there would be another 5 days until the product was back in stock. I rang on that date and someone rang me back to arrange delivery, however my delivery never turned up so I had to chase it to get told a different story by 3 different people. A week later it eventually arrived so I started assembling the furniture to realise they had sent me an incorrect part, I immediately rang them to let them know and they told me they would send the correct part out the following week. Two days later they phone me to tell me they are out of stock of parts and would be another month until they could get it in and would I like a refund. I asked for a refund but they said I had to disassemble the furniture and re wrap it for collection first of all. I spoke to the supervisor who did not care at all about the issues I had faced. Appalling customer services, appalling delivery services & not one person held their hands up to take the blame just excuse after excuse. Please save yourself the hassle and buy elsewhere ... they should not be allowed to even trade as a company. Of course I understand mistakes happen but this company just has absolutely no organisation or idea of how to run a business and the stress I have been through is unnecessary especially when buying garden furniture! Avoid at all costs!
Order furniture middle of May suppose to arrive with in 7 days waited a fortnight and rang she said she couldn’t see my order and to ring back in a couple of days so I did
(Be aware this is a high rated number) was told they were in warehouse and would email when they will be delivered got no email so I emailed them I was told they had been returned as as I wasn’t in nobody had been to deliver .so now asked for money back plus £9 for calls still await please don’t order from these people
They take your money but don’t hv the goods
Don’t buy from them. Product shoddy, and even when they agree that you can return and get money back it takes weeks and weeks of chasing
Awful people who take money from your account despite not having stock highly rude staff and discriminatory manner
bought furniture over a week ago and have just been informed it is not in stock and have to wait a further week for my money back.
Utterly shocking customer service and what an awful way to do business.
Ordered rattan garden furniture weeks ago , delivery due tomorrow. I've now just recieved an email advising they dont have furniture in stock'!!
Made order with them. No confirmation email or on account but funds out of account . Called to see what's happend they could not find order. Said to wait few days waited called back they still could not find. Waited again called again found order. Wow nearly a week later. Then I get my phone bill £13 for the privilege of having to call them to sort there mistake will never use company again.
I posted a 5* review 3-weeks ago. I am now downgrading that to 1*. The chair leg has cracked, and whilst I have been offered a 10% discount or replacement, it cannot be guaranteed this will not do the same. However on requesting a return and refund I was told that the crack would not affect the stability of the chair. Given my age and back problems this is a risk I am not prepared to take, or on the advice of a carpenter-believe. Yet despite offering a replacement for a faulty item the company will not offer a refund for a faulty item. Against the Sale of Goods Act, much?
Was a bit sceptical after seeing these awful reviews, but my worries were unfounded.
Place my order on a Saturday, emailed with a question, promptly replied and got delivery 4 days later on the Wednesday.
Very pleased with product and the excellent service.
Awful customer service, courrier lost package and was impossible to get Garden Gear to help remedy the situation (ie refund or send new item) - had to dispute with my card co.

Also they only provide an 087 number for post-purchase customer service chargeable at 13p per min(!), this is no longer allowed as per recent legislation, please report them to Citizens Advice consumer helpline / Trading Standards.
Same as other people on here, ordered, paid and when I call due to delivefy being late the delivery company apologised and said that garden gear cancelled with no reason the day before without telling me or reason. You email customer service and you get an automated response just saying they'll issue a refund not even taking into consideration what you want to say or if you wanted your order. I'm absolutely baffled and should of read the reviews first, appealing company
I have been waiting for an item to come back in stock, the bronze Buddha water feature. Stock updated advising back in stock and also found same item on eBay and another 2 company’s site, decided to go with Garden Gear. 2 days later receive an email to say they have no stock left and they have cancelled my order with a lame excuse that the computer system updates stock every 30 mins which is rubbish as I was checking on stock for this for nearly an hour before I bought. Surely in this day and age, computers can run a stock level at ‘real time’. Now as it’s 2 days later all the other shops have sold out now too so because of GARDEN GEAR having shocking service and out of date computer system I’m unable to buy my water feature.
If I could leave 0 I would. Do not use this company they are beyond awful.
I ordered garden furniture in early May. I received a letter a few days later saying that it would arrive no later than June 1st. I was ok with this. I happened to look on the website and it said my item was out of stock until July. I sent an email (the phone number is premium rate) to check this wasn’t the case. I got an email back 2 days later saying that my item had delivered. I wrote back but got no response and was worried. I called the number and got through to someone who said, no we aren’t getting that set until 10th July so you won’t get it until after then. I asked to speak to the lady who had written to me to check what may have happened and I received instead the worse attitude I have ever encountered. He said, “I told you what happened so that’s it”. He was so rude. I asked to speak to his manager but he kept me waiting and then said they were on the phone. I said I wanted an immediate refund. I’m so upset. I wasted 2 weeks waiting for furniture to arrive and then had this attitude. I’m actually shocked and I think this company may be some sort of cowboy operation. I think they tell you things are coming sooner than they are and they just shout at people who complain. Please don’t order from here.
I really wish there was a no stars option... Called last week and ordered some garden furniture- spoke to a really helpful lady who placed the order and took full payment over the phone. Called today to find out delivery date to be told they didn’t have any in stock and the order had been cancelled. When we asked why they hadn’t informed us - they had an email and phone number - the man we spoke to just said he didn’t know why. When we said his attitude and customer service wasn’t really helpful and sounded like he didn’t really care - he said ‘ I don’t’. Perhaps a narrow escape we didn’t get the order if that’s the poor quality of the service on offer. What’s most disappointing is that in these times when people are losing their jobs these unhelpful people are still employed and Garden Gear obviously don’t care looking at recent reviews. Everyone who receives this rubbish service should also complain to Amazon about this company- we plan to. They don’t even deserve one star!
Placed an order for Seville Rattan Garden Bistro set on 9 May. To be delivered mid-June. Received follow up email on 11 May stating 'bad news' and being refunded, but item was actually out of stock and explanation that website updates stock every 30 mins and hence probably why accepted order.
Checked twice in last 48 hours and website still offering item for purchase! Did not dare to 're-order' and go through same rigmarole. Am just wondering if because item is £20 more on their sister site, Clifford James, that is reason not supplying to me? Nevertheless, phoned Customer Services and again confirmed 'out of stock' despite being available on website. Bit of a shambles really, and have now found better quality item (more money) via Amazon for delivery this week. Would not recommend Garden Gear to anyone.
Ordered supposed to be with me in 5-7 days day 5 phone call saying it would be 28th of may 29 days later woman saying Curriers was busy we own a courier Business during COVID-19 out of 16 wagons four of them are out running there are Curriers all over the country needing work absolute lies. Joke of a company
Who are the people? And can they give customer service training days to the rest of the country’s sellers? My item, advertised as out of stock and due for delivery “early May”: I messaged to see if this was definite or just another seller taking advantage of covid-19- taking money and not supplying (I have had my fill in just one month) and I got an immediate reply! Strike one. I was then sent a pro-active email, following my order, notifying me of an update to stock levels. Strike two. Yesterday 1/5 I was notified that the item was due to be shipped!!!! Strike three. During the night I received an email that the item was with the courier. Strike four. Before 09:00 today 2/5, I took delivery. Strike five. Unbelievable. The best service, all round, I have possibly EVER had.
Garden Gear is rated 1.57 based on 23 reviews