Halfords Autocentres Reviews

Halfords Autocentres Ltd.
7/9 Richmond Road,
Olton Wharf Olton,

Tell us how Halfords Autocentres made you happy
Customer service was non existent looked like nobody wanted to be there and you were an inconvenience to them. Work carried out was good so can’t complain about that but will go elsewhere next time.
Went as car battery was flat and they did a free battery check so impressed they informed me I didn’t need to buy a new battery very impressed
Do not visit a Halfords Autocentre for car batteries. They are not experienced in fitting car batteries and blow the electrics resulting in car not starting. Be careful and I would suggest avoiding cycle retailers and going to reputable car garages / mechanics. Also Halfords customer services just don’t want to know they are a large company and have no regard for the problems they cause.
I booked a free repair check online yesterday and when I dropped off the car was told it would be £49.99?!?!?
A bit dodgy.
Wrongly advertised online. They said they do not do free repair checks and booked in as a service instead.
Waiting for them to get back to me as to why ...... watch this space !
Hadnt been here before,South street Romford took a chance,very pleased,had few problems with my car ,passing M.O.T..they told me what to do,they helped me,didnt over price me,I had to return George took control,got me in Quickly,and Jo worked on car explained everythg to me my lights etc...I was impressed👏👏defo be going back..Thankyou From Lisa Edwards..
I visited Halfords Autocentre in Ipswich today to have one tyre fitted. When I dropped off the car I was told it would be approximately 30 minute & I would be called when it was done. I was unable to wait on the premises due to covid restrictions so I walked around in the rain for one hour & ten minutes & still no call so I returned to find it had been completed! No explanation why I'd had no call! When I saw the new tyre the actual wheel was completely covered in tyre fitting lube, there was more on the wheel than used on the tyre! The balance marker on the new tyre did not line up with the valve & the wheel had not been balanced. All in all a bad experience. Three hours after I arrived home I had the receipt emailed to me, on which the mileage was wrong by 30,000 miles (a random number, nothing like the actual mileage) also they had supposedly done a health check on the car which stated the lights, battery & wipers were all ok, however one of the headlight bulbs had blown so obviously not checked! The other tyre depths had also been stated on the report which were also random & completely wrong.
I have this afternoon been & had the tyre refitted & balanced somewhere else.

Never again Halfords, very poor service.
Excellent service from the Halfords Autocentre in Luton as always.
Went to Halfords for a replacement battery, they blew the electrics on disconnection, they drove my car in to the centre and were unable to drive it out. Please do not trust Halfords Autocentres with replacing your car battery regarding stop / start cars with electronics they are not competent. 26 yes 26 days later this has not been resolved their customer service is appalling. Please go elsewhere for a ca battery it’s not worth the risk.
Friendly staff always helpful and efficient work done
Dropped by car off at 8am was told wouldn't be ready til 6,we did explain we had an hours bus journey to and fro,then at 10am was told it was ready just as we got home😬😬😬it's a GREAT SHAME halfords didn't have the customer service skills to at least have given us a estimated time of pick up,what a right old carry on..then we had to wait for 11 days to get the appointment as NHS workers get priority and my husband's only a non important bus driver,who btw drive the nhs and key workers to work and works with the elderly and vulnerable providing an obviously unusefull service,,,THANKS HALFORDS DURHAM, will NOT be returning or recommending
AVOIDE
AVOIDE , AVOIDE. FOR ALL INFROMATION, I had purchased tyres and date confirmed, on arrivals in the centre tyres not there, they rebooked for next day, again tyres not there. took nearly a week and 3 trips to centre to have those finally fitted. They blamed supplier, not ownership of the issue. USED THEM IN PAST BUT WILL NEVER AGAIN
Before going to one of halfords auto centre always go on the halfords website and puschase from the site, or you will find yourself paying extorshionet prices.
They way over charged me for the window screen wipers, charged £54.57 when advertised @ £22 + £6 fitting and these were Bosh they ended up putting cheaper valeo on. Refunded me £24.57 when questioned. Charged me £10 over advertised price on halfords web site for each tyres. Be aware at auto centre Stocksbridge order online or you will pay higher prices, make sure you get quote in writing, Always check you get what you paid for.
Halfords Autocentre Blackburn

I would strongly advise everyone not to use this garage, please see the details below regarding my visit.

Book in for a major service and MOT.

My car failed its MOT - they described the issues as an excessive engine leak, issues with the shock absorbers etc quoted over £650 for the works to be carried out, tried saying stretch the payments... don't fall for it.. I took it to another garage the following week and it passed the MOT. Strange as I haven't had any works done.

Don't trust or use this garage they are not honest or reliable, they said they would call me when the work is done and after not hearing anything for the majority of the day I decided to just turn up a couple of hours before it was due to close and it was just parked in a bay, probably been there the majority of the afternoon so they can make out they have been working on it all day. Gave me the keys straight away and I was on my way. They try and offer you a 0% finance option to stretch the payments don't fall for it.

I was also advised by the garage that passed my MOT the following week that certain filters hadn't been changed, I checked the booking and Halfords website and they should have been replaced. I am now disputing this with Halfords but don't seem to be getting anywhere and it has turned into a right nightmare.
Halfords leeds, phone up to get repair puncher, coustomer service told me to come in, arrive in reception, bloke said we can't do it need booking for next day, I said to him one of your coleg told me to come in, hi said no one speak to me sorry, absolutely bell end company
Basically remarkably unhelpful and despite being Halfords don't seem to have diagnostic tools, schematics for cars (I asked the manager....he said no we don't, whilst trying to find out which bolts and exhaust fittings I needed to buy...horse's mouth), or even access to spare parts. Neither are they clear on the fact they won't repair your car unless they source the products for the car, it's company policy and there are no notices anywhere at their centre or on a website to tell you that (you've been warned); apparently they were doing me a favour. Ironically it was only after me having the car trailer carried to them was I told they don't fit non Halfords parts. They didn't stop me booking it in though after it's MOT and previous conk out, despite me telling them we had a DPF to fit prior to and not from them which ironically in the end didn't fit (which admittedly I'd sourced from somewhere else via number plate recognition and he showed me a photograph so...it did look different and I had no trouble getting a refund from where I'd bought it from) but it took me many phone calls and two weeks to find out what the car needed and get it back (they wanted me to source the parts for them).
This sorry saga of arguments started after them having the car 5 days only to tell me they couldn't do the job because they needed bolts for the DPF (apparently they melt). Never phoned me earlier to tell me that so the car was obviously sat outside Halfords most of the time. I wasn't happy and had a rant and he sort of tried to guilt trip me. He went on to give me a diatribe on how many hours they'd worked on it which was far longer than they should have as my part is buried deep in the car (not according to Nissan mind)....so it was my fault their mechanics couldn't phone me to tell me straight away it couldn't be done...ah...sorry for that if only I could mind read, so sorry for that one. The trouble with his argument was that it made no sense as he couldn't take the part off nor actually used a computer to check what was really wrong so it all became a bit of a weird merry go round of reasons and excuses. I kept getting conflicting explanations from two different managers. One said they'd had the car in pieces and found they couldn't get it off (obviously they've no nut splitters...maybe they should try Eurocarparts across the way) and one said they were still working on it. Cut a very long and convoluted argument short I just said leave it and we'll get it taken away to someone else and he said he wouldn't charge us for all this work and time our car (shame on me) had taken up and wasted their life on (unlike the £50 I'd already wasted delivering it to them and the running around I'd done to find parts that they couldn't be exact on...it was described exhaust bolts first....then it was a DPF fixing kit (which as Nissan stated doesn't exist, they're individual parts it's not a kit) I could have bought loads of unnecessary nuts and bolts if it weren't for the real hero that was Mr. L. Monty of Nissan Wigan...and he was only covering the post there until returning to Nissan Chorley.
As stated the big saviour in all this was Mr. L. Monty who worked at Nissan (embarrassingly round the corner and if I'd know should have taken it to them but I don't know Wigan at all). Mr. Monty was their parts desk person and was baffled why Halfords didn't ask them directly as after all I didn't know what I was looking for. This fellow went above and beyond his job. He took over for me, phoned Halfords, told me what I needed which I bought and as I live in Leigh he saved me not just a trip but money and even nipped round and took them there for me on his way home. Nissan of Wigan your Mr. L. Monty is a prince amongst men and a credit to your company.
Then I got told by Halfords (after more badgering of when would the car be ready) the AA man was wrong (which was quite possible as of course he couldn't dismantle the thing like you could in a garage) as the DPF wasn't really all that blocked and I was given some melted pressure switch thing which was meant to be the culprit. On the way home the orange warning light come on but they did warn that could happen and they'd take it off but they recommended we put in some cleaning stuff/toxic gunge regularly and actually it went ok for a bit and the engine returned to normal....briefly. Then it started losing power again on hill climbs so we took it for a run and it sort of worked ok but it was not really pulling very well on inclines then it all turned sour.
Anyway it cost me over £200 only for the car to go back to major fault (red) in the space of two months. I can't be bothered to argue with them as it's too much like hard work. Taken it to another garage now and the DPF is apparently severely clogged up so....I just think Halfords wanted their pound of flesh for all the time I'm guilty of wasting for them. Sort of revenge really I suppose. Just goes to show you cannot trust even the big company's anymore.
Funnily enough I won't ever go there again and I fact have decided I will never shop at any Halfords for anything ever again, bicycle, tool or otherwise....you've had your last penny off me.
Hopefully soon we'll have an electric car and well....I can repair electrics....
Atrocious place. I grew up in a family of mechanics and whilst waiting in the queue it is staggering what rubbish they try and palm off onto vulnerable customer. Then when you deal with staff it's not like a professional environment, its like a bunch of clueless posturing. Like a bunch of geezers try to intimidate customers into work with words they don't actually understand. It's basically like going into a rough pub only to be greeted by locals waiting for the Millwall game to off. Pathetic in every way.
They gave me back my car after an MOT and there was still a loud noise. Got it rechecked and the mechanic said the wheel bearing was dangerous and should not have passed. I spent £700 for it to pass the MOT but the gearbox is about to go plus the wheel bearing which they said was fine. There is a jagged edge on the wing which also should have failed. The car is a write-off apparently, so I'm £700 down and need a new car, which I can't afford. So, unbelievably angry. Halfords refuse to do anything about it.
Halfords Autocentres is rated 1.71 based on 554 reviews