Indow Reviews

92% of reviewers recommend Indow

About Indow: Indow window inserts press inside your window frames without a mounting bracket to give you double-pane comfort and energy efficiency at an affordable cost.

(503) 284-2260

kristina@indowwindows.com

How would you rate Indow ?

"The window inserts fit and look great in our tall windows at a historic house museum."
"Estimate was more than brand new triple pane Milgard windows. Maybe the sales rep was just trying to pad her commission"
"Sales support was great, tech support was very helpful and the product was very easy to install."
"I'm a voice actor—commercials, corporate videos, etc.—and I own a voice booth, which is a small, completely-enclosed, essentially soundproof room within a room. Recently, I moved into a new home, and I converted one of the bedrooms into an office in which my voice booth is located. Although the room is located away from significant sources of noise in the house, the outside condenser fan for the AC is located less than six feet away from one of the room's windows, and I could hear the fan from inside the voice booth. I considered having the window completely replaced with a double-glazed fixture, but quickly realized the astronomical costs. Also, the downtime required to install a new window was unacceptable. I began looking for alternatives on the internet, and that's when I discovered Indow. Long story short, I decided on the acoustic insulation window material. I ordered and received the laser measurement device, quickly measured the opening, ordered the insert, and within a couple weeks, the Indow insert arrived. Installation was simple and fast, and the Indow perfectly matches the existing window frame. As my son said, "I wouldn't know there was anything there if you hadn't told me." The real test, however, was a recording session in my voice booth. I intentionally recorded while the AC was running and, true to the Indow claims, the sound level from the outside AC fan was negligible. I'd say that the apparent loudness level was diminished by 65 or 70 percent, enough that it would not register on my recording software's VU meters. I'm completely satisfied with the Indow window insert and very impressed by Indow's attentive and knowledgeable customer service and tech team. An all-around exceptional product and experience."
"The process went very smooth. The inserts blocked at least 50% of the sound coming in. Highly recommend!"
"We purchased Indows for a sleeping porch that is three stories above the ground and set over a steeply slanted roof. The safety and convenience of interior storm windows was our first consideration; second was the wish to maintain the exterior appearance of the original multi-paned lift-out windows. We are completely satisfied with the insulation, noise reduction, and sparkling clarity of the acrylic panels. Our windows are irregular in shape, but the inserts are a perfect fit and nearly invisible when installed. Now our neighbor wants some!"
"So pleased to find some protection from heating and cooling issues that preserves the integrity of the 1928 house and Prairie-style windows and woodwork! I am also grateful for the sun-filtering of the museum insert."
"Easy to measure and install. Great packaging and shipping. Very effective in blocking sound. Easy to dust and clean. And did I mention great instructions throughout? Added benefit: unexpected reduction in air conditioning expenses!"
"The inserts look amazing and blended really well with my large bay window. You don't need to be handy at all to install them. As long as you follow the instructions provided, it can be installed easily by one person for a small size window. I got them in hopes of reducing condensation and cold drafts from my bay windows during the winter months so hopefully i can see/feel the difference in a few months. The quality is quite good - I wasn't disappointed. It would be interesting to see more color selections in the future or even having the option to select a color to match the surroundings."
"Great investment! I installed the Acoustic Grade inserts into my master bedroom windows and I'm sleeping like a baby."
"Good looking - they blend in with my windows. Decreases street noice by 95% and trucks by 75%. Love indow windows!"
"I live a historic building in Brooklyn, with my bedroom window facing on to the very loud Brooklyn-Queens-Expressway. Prior to purchasing my Indow inserts, I had to sleep with a fan on high every night to drown out the sound of passing traffic. I had looked into replacing the windows, but because it is a historical building, it would have been an expensive and convoluted process. Now that I've installed my Indow insert, my room is almost pin-drop quiet. While I can occasionally hear a motorcycle or large truck passing, the constant hum of passing cars has largely disappeared. Even with my old window, which isn't exactly square and has been repainted several times in the past hundred years, the laser measurements were relatively straightforward to take and the resulting insert fit right in. I would thoroughly recommend Indow inserts for noise reduction, especially related to cars/traffic. I've yet to experience them over the winter, but I hope it will help keep my room warmer as well!"
"I am very pleased with the Indow. I ordered this one as a test, which it passed with flying colors. My co-owners on a historic farm are agreed that we will be ordering Indows for windows at the farm. But, do not hold your breath. There is a long list of disasters that need fixed first. I do want to say you have a great product. I am telling my friends about it. So, at least I can give you some word of mouth advertising until we solve other problems, or until we win the lotto. Rick"
"Great customer service. Very professional. But very poor product. Not worth for the price. This is something you can do your own with the material that you can buy from Lowe’s or Home Depot for less than $100 rather than paying 10 times more."
"The windows are great, easy to install and the Indow representatives were knowledgeable and great to work with"
"Great product. Sleeping soundly now as the insert has reduced noise by 60-75%. Thanks for a superior product and customer experience."
"The difference in the sound transmitted through the windows is amazing. Our front rooms are now remarkably quiet. The tire noise from the street is muted, along with the other noises that we have become used to over the years. As part of our remodel over the next few months, I will plan to install more inserts. They look great in that they do not draw attention to them being in place, and fit nicely in our 1950's built home. I did take extra care in the measurements and the installation was uneventful, the support for the purchase was great, and the delivery and packaging was superior."
"We live by the freeway. I had to use a white noise maker and sometimes earl plugs too. With indo windows I don’t need either. Occasionally one loose earplug just to get me to fall asleep. But the noise reduction Truely is amazing. Still hear occasional traffic noise. But it is a huge improvement. Well worth the cost. Thank you so much Indo Windows!"
"We purchased these for our historic stone house. They are very easy to install and provide a great seal. W haven't gone through the winter yet so we will see how great they work."
"Fits and looks great. Sound abatement is good. Easy to install and remove."
Indow is rated 4.65 based on 242 reviews