Indow Reviews

92% of reviewers recommend Indow

About Indow: Indow window inserts press inside your window frames without a mounting bracket to give you double-pane comfort and energy efficiency at an affordable cost.

(503) 284-2260

kristina@indowwindows.com

How would you rate Indow ?

"They really did help reduce traffic noise!"
"It was a pleasure working with Indow and I am very satisfied with the sound reduction."
"We recently moved into a 4,000 sq ft space from a small 1,000 sq ft space. We were so happy to find the perfect space for us. Unfortunately, we didn't realize it was right next to a marble manufacturing/cutting company. Their warehouse door opened up right in line with our office windows. We are an office based business and the noise was intolerable. All day long we hear grinding, trucks, people yelling, beeping, etc. After installing our Indows I can't believe the difference. There is almost NO NOISE. Our staff are able to better concentrate, our customers can't hear trucks in the background, and productivity is soaring. Thank you Indows for helping us overcome our noise problem so we can stay in our new space."
"Windows fit well, and can hear a noticeable reduction in sound primarily on the higher pitch sound. We have also found that our apartment is so warm now that we have not needed to turn on the heat, so I gas bill has been only $40 this month. Overall the inserts were not cheap, but for those that are very close to traffic, this makes a big difference. Thank you"
"This is a quality company with quality people. A dirt road was paved, behind our house, turning it into the “Indy 500” racetrack by most drivers, motorcyclists, contractor vehicles, gravel and cement trucks. It made our quiet, enjoyable home into a sound distraction. After much research of all options, I decided to order Indow windows. My first contact was with Shane Miller. He had exceptional knowledge of the windows and answered 5+ e-mails/phone calls with several questions in each one. Best of all, he answered them very promptly. He is personable, trustworthy, very enjoyable and shows interest in every potential customers, remembering what they said in previous conversations. That is rare. The next contact was with Eli Nicholson. He answered several emails and called to help with the portal window to record window measurements and to place the order. It was simple and easy to do. He was fun to talk with, as well. He is a river rafter. They both believe in the product and the difference it is making to solve the specific problems of customers. Our 3 windows were 69-93”L and 45-51”H. They arrived in a wooden crate, well-protected, and were clear as glass. The noise reduction from Indow Windows installation made a significant difference. We barely hear normal cars and SUV’s or newer pickups. They are a whisper. Pickups without mufflers, Harleys, construction trucks noise is decreased by 50% or more, making their sounds lower in pitch and muffled. That makes life good again! There are 3 smaller windows that we will order in the near future, near the big Indow windows installed I know that will further reduce the noise. No window replacement could have reduced the noise level at the same cost as Indow Windows. I can tell they will help with energy efficiency. The air cannot get past them with the secure seal. If you order Indow Windows, you will be well-satisfied. I will end this as I began it — this is a quality company with quality people."
"The fit was incredible and the ease of installing was great. We got them to not only to keep cold out but to protect single pane leaded glass antique windows that we did not want to replace due to esthetics and cost. Thank you this was the best home purchase we have made for our home"
"Very impressed with our Indow inserts. Faced with new families of screaming kids at the pool, and not wanting to spend 10k on new windows (or more)... and we just had them tinted too... the inserts were a great option for us. We have about 10 windows facing the pool and did the downstairs as a trial. Results are in, they work and work well. The fit? wow. that was the impressive part. Using their tool kit, we measured, ordered, and got the inserts in about 10 days or so. Everything fit like a glove, the customer reps were very responsive with questions (engineers ask a lot of questions). We got acoustic grade and had no problems with fit behind our set-in blinds. Added bonus: Hurricane resistance. Irma messed our area up and flying tiles took out a lot of windows allowing weather inside. This will add a bonus layer, of 1/4" material behind the window. The sound is heavily ...heavily dampened with no added echo. Of course we can hear some noise, but at such a decreased (less sharp) level. That ear piercing is gone and we have peace again. Thanks Indow! credit where credit is due and you guys did a great job. Very pleased."
Thank you for taking the time to tell your story and for being our customer. We are so happy to hear that your inserts help with the noise. I'm happy to see you enjoyed the measurement process and appreciate the work that goes into making it happen. You were a part of that! Great job on measuring your windows.
"I bought window inserts for the front room of my 1920's house to dampen noise from a nearby freeway while retaining the existing historic windows. Unfortunately because of a couple casement windows that open (and need to) I couldn't cover all of them, so the noise reduction was not as significant as I hoped. But I can really feel a difference between the covered and uncovered windows in terms of cold transfer, and as others have noted, these couldn't be easier to install and are relatively minimal in terms of visual impact. A very good product at a honorable price."
"I am very pleased with the product and process used for measuring the windows. The customer service is incredible surpassed only by the professionalism of the staff. They answered all of my questions in a timely a manner. The product worked as they promised."
"I am pleased with the results. Thank you Indow for your professionalism."
"In these noisy times, the Indow is the best product available for noise reduction, without changing the character of your new or vintage home."
"They look even better than we imagined. Fit was perfect and I won't have to replace my large 98 year old leaded glass window."
"Our nursery faces an alley where garbage trucks routinely run over dumpsters and make extremely loud noises. We also had lots of construction with piledriving that would wake up the baby. None of these noises caused any issues after the insert was installed."
"Great service, polite, patient representatives. Easy to understand instructions from start to finish."
"Used Indow windows to reduce traffic noise. Traffic noise is reduced enough where I'm sleeping better. Loud cars still come through but now most of the traffic is muffled."
"If you want to maintain an historically consistent exterior for your basement windows, Indows are a great solution! They are easy to place & remove & require no alterations to existing windows."
"ease of measuring and installation"
"Perfect fit, easy to install. Indow did all they said they would and communication was timely and accurate. A rare experience in today’s world."
"Reduced jet noise from nearby Naval Base."
"So far the noise reduction has been amazing. It's hard to say on helping with cold breeze as it is now summer. I am confident the space will be warmer in winter though."
Indow is rated 4.64 based on 219 reviews