Indow Reviews

94% of reviewers recommend Indow

About Indow: Indow window inserts press inside your window frames without a mounting bracket to give you double-pane comfort and energy efficiency at an affordable cost.

(503) 284-2260

comfort@indowwindows.com

2267 N Interstate Ave

Tell us how Indow made you happy

Under an hour
"When I purchased a 1920s-build home in Philadelphia I was delighted by three original stained-glass exterior windows. I soon realized the single-pane glass and cracked leading allowed air and heat to flow through, yet still I didn’t want to hide them under heavy drapes. With Indow I was able to easily measure, order, and self-install clear insulative panels for about one third the cost of built-in storm windows, and I realized a four degree surface-temperature change in just minutes of installation! I’m seriously considering buying more for temperature and sound proofing of other openings. Great product!"
Derek
"Really great product that stands true to its promises! I am super impressed! The amount of street noise reduction has been great, I live on a busy urban street. No more drafty windows! Looking forward to the difference in more extreme seasons/weather. Very easy to install."
Katherine
"They have made a big difference in our heat and cooling bill, noise reduction (even thought they are not the special noise reduction ones) and have improved the amount of condensation. This window was done for us. We do not get condensation on this anymore and it looks great."
"Indow window inserts literally changed our life. We moved to the a perfect place that we are in love with, but only after the move we found out that with the highway being really close to us the early traffic noise was awful. For the first weeks we had really bad sleep and felt miserable. I found out about Indow and hoped that it would help us keep enjoying the house we love. To be honest I wasn't expecting them working so well. Sure I hoped it would reduce a lot the noise coming in, but I couldn't believe how peaceful and quiet my room is. I can barely hear a little bit of the morning chaos, and during the rest of the day the room is not only quiet but a lot cooler in the summer. Mind these are floor to ceiling oversized windows and the inserts fit perfect, blend well and are not an eyesore at all. I'm really glad we found this, I can say I am a happy customer!"
"So far the inserts have met our expectations for sound dampening"
"I'm very disappointed with my purchase of 8 Indow Acoustic Inserts. I live close to a busy intersection and the noise from the on going traffic impacts my sleep. The Indow inserts did not reduction the traffic noise level, in fact it sounds the same with or without the inserts. The inserts are very expense. I would not recommend this product."
"We live close to a freeway and were consistently annoyed by the sound of traffic at night. We found Indow and decided to move forward with the purchase. The customer service was fantastic throughout the process. We are very happy with the end product. I highly recommend Indow Window"
"I live very close to a busy intersection, and my studio is on the second floor of my home facing toward this intersection. I purchased an Indow product to help block out sound from the street, and I can ALMOST hear next to nothing with the Indow insert in place! I think that with my location, I can't really do anything about how close I am to the intersection, but at least now I can enjoy podcasting & voice over work without too much worry about street sounds in my studio :)"
"Love my Indows! Ordered three to start off with. They're great! Planning to order four more soon."
"So my experience with Indow is a bit drawn out and involved. I've worked with several people at the company, all of whom have been extremely professional and helpful in their responses. We initially wanted to go with the acoustic panels to help reduce the noise coming from a train station directly across from our house, and decided to do a test run of the first floor. Unfortunately, the panels did not seem to make a difference in our specific instance. Either noise was coming through the walls as much as they had been through our existing windows, or the sound was coming from another location. I HIGHLY recommend that you perform acoustic testing within your household to determine if the windows are ultimately the biggest transmission region of noise from the outside, because they've done enough testing to prove that they will work if the windows are where the noise is coming through. Our home is new construction (2017), so we operated under the assumption that it was sealed up fairly tight and that the windows were the "weak link". Performing some acoustic testing ahead of time would have saved us from purchasing panels that weren't necessary. That being said, Indow worked with us to ensure that we were happy, and we went on to buy additional (standard) panels for the rest of our house. The panels (regardless of grade) do an amazing job at reducing the thermal intrusion from outside, which is very evident in the colder months. I can walk right up to any window and basically put my face up against the insert before feeling any coldness from the outdoors, on single digit degree days. This has also helped with sealing off the windows and preventing humidity from either entering or leaving the house (depending on the time of year). You should end up seeing a return on your investment fairly soon, depending on the age of your house and your current energy bills, and you'll be a lot more comfortable all year round. I highly recommend both the company and their product, and would definitely purchase from them again should we ever move."
"Excellent product that performed above our expectations."
"We live in a 1917 historic home with original windows on a VERY busy street with gravel trucks passing from 5:00 am to 6:00 pm every day. One can’t even stand on our front porch and hear another person talking at times. And, unfortunately, our bedroom is on the front of the house. The Indow windows are truly a miracle! We can now sleep without a sound machine to drown out the trucks. I HIGHLY recommend Indow for acoustic situations!"
"I was worried about the whole process, as I live in Canada, we have different weather and there is no local representative. The idea of getting a measuring kit in the mail, having to figure everything out, getting the results filed online, getting the kit back to the company etc etc seemed overwhelming to a senior who was never any good at home repairs. Anyway, it all went very well, the windows are in and are doing their job of blocking sound. The company customer service and the service rep were excellent, and I recommend the company and its product."
"I am 100% satisfied with my Indow inserts. The process was easy and the price was reasonable."
"I love my Indow! A new neighbor with large dogs moved in next door and the dogs were outside barking and howling at night. I got an Indow in my bedroom and I can now sleep at night. This is a great product. Fast and friendly. I am so happy."
"Great for outdoor car noise reduction."
"We tried a few years ago making inserts for very tall windows in our 1858 house using plexiglass and aluminum channel and rubber weather stripping. They work - but are not nearly so well thought out as the Indows and easy to install."
"We live in an "old" house in the Southwest. Our concern was keeping the heat out, and the cool in! We ordered 10 indow window inserts. Measuring them was as expected, but it worked out correctly. A few weeks later the inserts arrived carefully packed and crated. Placing the inserts in the window frames was easy. The worst part was rehanging the blinds etc. Our house is quieter, and cooler. We highly recommend this product."
"Absolutely, well worth purchase! We purchased acoustic grade Indow inserts to block some of the construction noise and workers music. It has drastically improved our quality of life. At times we are quite suprised of the difference in noise environment between the outside of our home and living area Indow inserts are located in. We are currently awaiting delivery of our second order of Indow inserts for 2 additional rooms. Although, they are pricey they are worth the purchase."
"We are very happy with our inserts. The whole process was very professional and hassle-free."
"Indow inserts for acoustic reduction are high quality and effective. the measurement kit using laser tools with online consistency checks was very effective and insured a good fit. Delivery was quick and better than promised."
"Great directions, courteous Indow personnel to work with, product arrived as Indow promised and easy to install with thorough instructions. I give the experience a 10 out of 10."
Indow is rated 4.67 based on 363 reviews

Create Free Account Now

Fill the details below & get instant access