Money Expert Reviews

of reviewers recommend Money Expert
Live Chat

Tell us how Money Expert made you happy
My mother who suffers with alzheimer's received a cold call from these lowlifes and after advising the caller Ryah she had dementia this lowlife continued the call and had her so confused she ended up being signed up to change Gas & phone and broadband. Luckily enough I have managed to cancel today but no apologies from these lowlifes at all!! Only * as can't put NONE!!!
Rude salesperson called Chris. Number didn’t even show up. Refused to take me off calling list. Not sure how I even got there. Continually rings on unwanted, unrequested reasons.
The salesman came to the door and kept asking me questions and I was extremely scared as I am a student who lives alone and has no understanding in money really. Ended with me crying because I was so confused as to what they wanted. Now they keep calling me every 2 days and idk what to do. Not trustworthy. Awful people
Disgraceful. Mask-wearing cold-calling salesman arrived on our doorstep in the midst of a pandemic claiming he was there on behalf of BT (not so!). He mendaciously told us that many of our neighbours had complained about their broadband. This is a shifty outfit and will be reported to Trading Standards.
Came to the door in mask saying I'd had some complaints from the neighbours... (after a long pause) about their broadband prices and performance. It felt like it was some kind of sales technique to put me on the back foot... an unpleasant way to address someone as cold caller on their doorstep...
Lousy company with bankrupt ethics AVOID I'm sorry but the review bombing of 5* reviews on Trustpilot is beyond ridiculous. The amount of "customer" on the first review giving Money (Scummy) Expert 5 stars. I'm calling bull. I thought my experience was unique and then I came across a ThisIsMoney article on the web. "Doorstep broadband sharks risking lives to rip you off: Rogue salesmen exploit lockdown and lie their way to profits while flouting Covid rules" Who does this refer to? Peeps working for Scummy Expert. Scummy Expert have totally lost control of their door to.door operation. Need more evidence? Search Twitter on the handle moneyexpertuk and see how Scummy Expert staff stuck two fingers up to lockdown rules trying to pass themselves off as an "essential service" ... People all over the country telling Scummy Expert where to go with their flouting lockdown rules and putting the nations health at risk. And how did Scummy Expert respond? By trying to cover their tracks and deleting their social media accounts. The Daily Mail nailed them and Scummy Expert couldn't handle it. Don't trust Scummy Expert with their gutter ethics and bogus sales pitches. Use an independent switching site and put an end to these shameless profiteering leeches. If these sleazebags are ignoring cold calling signs (and they do, they don't give a stuff) report them to Trading Standards and the police. Their dirtbag practices have been around for years - go to any forum / facebook and see what this nasty two-faced greedy money grabbing commission-hungry bunch of parasites are like.
Ring on doorbell this afternoon. Pleasant enough chap, wearing full face shield and social distancing claiming to be on behalf of BT/ Money Expert. but...cold calling and during a Pandemic! I have also sent an email to BT’s CEO expressing my displeasure.
Door knockers on comission fraudulently implying they're from the telecommunications infrastructure, and lying through their teeth when caught out.
Cold caller - claiming to be working with BT. Told her that I was not interested. she continued to ask questions. I told her I was in a contract, still 8mths to go and that seemed to change her stance. I also told her that I am not a fan of BT and would never switch to them and would never switch to a cold caller.
Going door to door whilst in National Lockdown. Man told me he was authorised by the police. I challenged this with him and he admitted it was a lie. No sanitiser whilst going door to door ringing bells and touching door knickers. Totally irresponsible
Stop people knocking at doors in lockdown! Irresponsible!
One star is too many. Within less than 5 minutes two separate door to door salespeople from Money Expert have called at our home today 13th November 2020. THEY BOTH COMPLETELY IGNORED OUR "NO CALLERS WITHOUT AN APPOINTMENT SIGN WHICH IS SELF EXPLANATORY AND IN PLAIN SIGHT. Our no callers sign was pointed out to the first caller BUT HE CARRIED ON claiming he was in the area on behalf of BT which is misleading. That was bad enough but then to be disturbed a 2nd time WITHIN 5 minutes by this time a female caller wearing the same Money Expert corporate clothing is appalling. THIS IS DURING A GLOBAL PANDEMIC AND IN THE 2nd WEEK OF LOCKDOWN!!!!!!!!!! DISGRACEFUL. BASIC TRAINING SHOULD INCLUDE RESPECT FOR SIGNAGE WHICH IS THERE FOR A REASON, DO THEY REALLY THINK THEY HAVE ANY CHANCE OF MAKING A SALE WHEN THEY HAVE DELIBERATELY IGNORED A POLITE NOTICE. THERE IS NO CONSIDERATION OR CARE FOR WHO THEY DISTURB.....SHIFT WORKERS, ELDERLY, DISABLED, FAMILIES WITH YOUNG CHILDREN etc
This company keeps calling me even though I keep saying no and have asked to be removed from their systems. They call off a withheld number at stupid times - 8pm on a Saturday - so I immediately think it’s something important because my mother’s care agency also calls off a withheld number. You don’t expect to be cold called off a withheld number at 8pm on a Saturday so it’s purely to get you to answer. They initially came to my door TWO years ago and convinced me to switch to boost energy after telling me I could save literally PENCE on my current supplier. Found out after switching that I didn’t even have the proper meter so my switch was cancelled. Ever since, they won’t stop calling me and I can’t do anything about it because they’re calling off a withheld number. Disgusting practises.
AVOID. Salesman came across as quite nice on his first visit. Very misleading as to who he worked for & what they did. Had to sign up there & then, which I didn't do. He then came back later & when I questioned him about being misleading his whole attitude changed. He made me feel very uncomfortable on my own doorstep.
Scammers turned up at my door claiming to be from BT. Highly evasive and very pushy. Don't deal with these shysters.
Door knocking. Claiming my neogohave complained about energy prices. Wanted to 'check I'm ok'. Absolute scheisters.
Cold caller harassing people in my area. Avoid like the plague
I had a serious problem with an insurance company on Money Expert's comparison site. They didn't want to know and washed their hands of it. They seem happy to endorse dubious companies. Avoid.
Very friendly cold caller at the door this morning and we talked for a long time about switching broadbands etc... This is my first time and I was genuinely intrigued, sad to see on here that it turns out to just all be a ploy. Guess there's a first experience for everything! Won't be trusting anyone at the door from now on.
I applied for a job at waitressing, I didn't realise it was for door to door sales at moneyexpert until I was driven to a stranger's door and made to observe for a 12 hour unpaid training day. At the time I was a naive 19 year old and they preyed on that and was lied to all day. At one point a lady answered the door in tears saying her daughter had just been killed and my supervisor kept trying to sell her the deal. Appalled. Only silver lining was thank you to the kind people of Leeds for being so polite and not hurling abuse at us. We were even invited in for ice lollies. Terrible, misleading company.
Money Expert is rated 1.49 based on 37 reviews