Money Expert Reviews

of reviewers recommend Money Expert
Live Chat, Telephone

Tell us how Money Expert made you happy
Two sets of these scam artists hammering on my door saying they are here from my internet provider and only when questioned it turns out they claim they are from money supermarket and can save money on the last few remaining fibre lines in my area. Very persistent about trying to get your info and keep coming back. Beware!
Today is the 4th time they have called at my door. I have a very visible "NO COLD CALLERS" sign on the door. Two have admitted to seeing it and 2 have claimed not to have noticed it. They are pushy and keep talking anyway claining not to be selling anything. They are nothing but cockroaches. It is obvious that they have been trained to deliberately ignore the sign and call anyway.
Be careful they are now praying on people who are panicking about avro going bust and trying to get you to sign up to a fixed rate before we even know what the new rates are.
Knocked at my door saying that they were there to advise me on saving my on my energy. I asked them what they were selling and they claimed not to be selling anything, that they were in the area to provide advice. I asked them if they were some kind of government sponsored service and they had to admit they weren’t so I asked them again what they wanted. They got quite rude at this point so I shut the door on them.
SCAM! Came to my door suggesting they were there on behalf of British Gas. Felt very uncomfortable the whole way through - please be careful
The agent came unprompted, wore a high-visibility vest, claimed to be working on behalf of BT, said my neighbour Lindsey complained about fluctuating internet connection (I have no neighbour by that name) started asking questions about my Internet provider, how long I have been with them, how much I pay. Then I saw the lanyard around his neck: Money Expert, so I told him: "You are not with BT, are you?" and avoided his nosey questions. Very scammy.
Expected to be transferred in about 21 days, nothing happened and when I spoke to a person she said nothing can be done maybe I have bad credit!!! Did I want another tariff? Not with you if you cant be bothered to follow up. Thought you took the stress out of switching
I am no longer interested. Agreeing to this in the first place was a mistake. I have been trying to contact you for cancellation. Just cancell the appointment.
My mother who suffers with alzheimer's received a cold call from these lowlifes and after advising the caller Ryah she had dementia this lowlife continued the call and had her so confused she ended up being signed up to change Gas & phone and broadband. Luckily enough I have managed to cancel today but no apologies from these lowlifes at all!! Only * as can't put NONE!!!
Rude salesperson called Chris. Number didn’t even show up. Refused to take me off calling list. Not sure how I even got there. Continually rings on unwanted, unrequested reasons.
The salesman came to the door and kept asking me questions and I was extremely scared as I am a student who lives alone and has no understanding in money really. Ended with me crying because I was so confused as to what they wanted. Now they keep calling me every 2 days and idk what to do. Not trustworthy. Awful people
Disgraceful. Mask-wearing cold-calling salesman arrived on our doorstep in the midst of a pandemic claiming he was there on behalf of BT (not so!). He mendaciously told us that many of our neighbours had complained about their broadband. This is a shifty outfit and will be reported to Trading Standards.
Came to the door in mask saying I'd had some complaints from the neighbours... (after a long pause) about their broadband prices and performance. It felt like it was some kind of sales technique to put me on the back foot... an unpleasant way to address someone as cold caller on their doorstep...
Lousy company with bankrupt ethics AVOID I'm sorry but the review bombing of 5* reviews on Trustpilot is beyond ridiculous. The amount of "customer" on the first review giving Money (Scummy) Expert 5 stars. I'm calling bull. I thought my experience was unique and then I came across a ThisIsMoney article on the web. "Doorstep broadband sharks risking lives to rip you off: Rogue salesmen exploit lockdown and lie their way to profits while flouting Covid rules" Who does this refer to? Peeps working for Scummy Expert. Scummy Expert have totally lost control of their door to.door operation. Need more evidence? Search Twitter on the handle moneyexpertuk and see how Scummy Expert staff stuck two fingers up to lockdown rules trying to pass themselves off as an "essential service" ... People all over the country telling Scummy Expert where to go with their flouting lockdown rules and putting the nations health at risk. And how did Scummy Expert respond? By trying to cover their tracks and deleting their social media accounts. The Daily Mail nailed them and Scummy Expert couldn't handle it. Don't trust Scummy Expert with their gutter ethics and bogus sales pitches. Use an independent switching site and put an end to these shameless profiteering leeches. If these sleazebags are ignoring cold calling signs (and they do, they don't give a stuff) report them to Trading Standards and the police. Their dirtbag practices have been around for years - go to any forum / facebook and see what this nasty two-faced greedy money grabbing commission-hungry bunch of parasites are like.
Ring on doorbell this afternoon. Pleasant enough chap, wearing full face shield and social distancing claiming to be on behalf of BT/ Money Expert. but...cold calling and during a Pandemic! I have also sent an email to BT’s CEO expressing my displeasure.
Door knockers on comission fraudulently implying they're from the telecommunications infrastructure, and lying through their teeth when caught out.
Cold caller - claiming to be working with BT. Told her that I was not interested. she continued to ask questions. I told her I was in a contract, still 8mths to go and that seemed to change her stance. I also told her that I am not a fan of BT and would never switch to them and would never switch to a cold caller.
Going door to door whilst in National Lockdown. Man told me he was authorised by the police. I challenged this with him and he admitted it was a lie. No sanitiser whilst going door to door ringing bells and touching door knickers. Totally irresponsible
Stop people knocking at doors in lockdown! Irresponsible!
One star is too many. Within less than 5 minutes two separate door to door salespeople from Money Expert have called at our home today 13th November 2020. THEY BOTH COMPLETELY IGNORED OUR "NO CALLERS WITHOUT AN APPOINTMENT SIGN WHICH IS SELF EXPLANATORY AND IN PLAIN SIGHT. Our no callers sign was pointed out to the first caller BUT HE CARRIED ON claiming he was in the area on behalf of BT which is misleading. That was bad enough but then to be disturbed a 2nd time WITHIN 5 minutes by this time a female caller wearing the same Money Expert corporate clothing is appalling. THIS IS DURING A GLOBAL PANDEMIC AND IN THE 2nd WEEK OF LOCKDOWN!!!!!!!!!! DISGRACEFUL. BASIC TRAINING SHOULD INCLUDE RESPECT FOR SIGNAGE WHICH IS THERE FOR A REASON, DO THEY REALLY THINK THEY HAVE ANY CHANCE OF MAKING A SALE WHEN THEY HAVE DELIBERATELY IGNORED A POLITE NOTICE. THERE IS NO CONSIDERATION OR CARE FOR WHO THEY DISTURB.....SHIFT WORKERS, ELDERLY, DISABLED, FAMILIES WITH YOUNG CHILDREN etc
Money Expert is rated 1.48 based on 46 reviews