Money Expert Reviews

David
Money Expert 1 star review on 29th September 2020
Money Expert 5 star review on 25th September 2020
Kevin Jones
Like the previous correspondent, I have a No Cold Callers sign. Just had 2 young men - Chris and Ryan - who disregarded the sign and knocked anyway. When I pointed out the sign to them, Chris said that he had been looking at his phone and hadn't seen it. I reinforced to them that ignoring the sign meant that I would be reporting it. Please ensure that cold Caller training includes being aware of the requirements of the signs.
Have sign on door asking for no cold callers, sales people, or religious or political canvassers. I'm disabled. Someone came to my door in a hi vis with BT on back. I went to window to say no. I had to repeat 3 times. Contacted BT. And BT have said they don't send people to doors, it's a 3rd party and usually Money Expert. Stop knocking if there is a sign on door. It's illegal to not read it. I have the sign fora reason, I'm physically disabled and don't want to be disturbed and hurts to keep getting up. I only answer my door to people I'm expecting and parcels.
Such a waste of time made a energy enquiry and they trying to sell me broadband. like wat the hell really why would you try selling me broadband when i made a energy enquiry. Its a scam dont make any energy enquires beacuse the fact is they have no energy to sell.
Doorstep callers going around lying that broadband lines have been upgraded in the area when they haven't and that you should have received a letter. Clever scam to try and fraudulently solicit business
cold callers visiting repeatedly - and even calling themselves moneysavingexpert to capitalise on an association with the famous Martin Lewis service. These cold callers are not offering a comparison service, they are selling whatever company is giving the most commission at the time and this changes every few months. They knock on vulnerable people in my street and try to upsell to expensive contracts unnecessarily. A lot of older people need the minimum speeds and don't need to spend £30 a month on internet.
Extremely rude and pushy. They fake accents to pretend to be different people.
This guy came twice in one day. Told him I’m not interested and he had the cheek to keep talking over me. Asked him to leave my property. Earlier in the day he was harassing my vulnerable partner. These fools don’t take no for an answer. Next time he comes I’ll call the police for harassment. I have had to provide my email for this review to get through. Under no circumstances do I want any correspondence from your company ever. Location was LS5 area of Leeds.
Ignored sign on door for no cold callers Asking questions to my daughter about who was home, then asked me about if my husband was still home or had left Very pushy still kept talking offering services when I’d told him not interested Liam from money expert talk talk if that’s who you’re really from ..STOP doing what you’re doing!
Saying they are BT and BT own my provider. Also, when I refused to give any details they said they could just get them anyway. Very deceptive and untrustworthy. Sent him on his way
A young Yorkshire lad knocked on my door and advised me about my internet. He didn’t switch me just got my current provider to contact me which was actually quite helpful as I’ve been trying to upgrade my packages for months. He only lowered my bill by a pound but upgraded my internet lines. Also give me some free months or something I can’t remember how many. I’d like to thank the young gentleman from your Liverpool branch who’s from near leeds (I can’t remember the city’s name)
He wasn’t rude very polite, but we’re trying to advise me I need to make sure I’m on full fibre broadband lines as apparently the lines in the area had just been changed! Seemed to be trying to help but kept asking if I’d received there email last week! I think they were trying to get my email address but I just told them I would contact my provider myself and closed the door.
Two sets of these scam artists hammering on my door saying they are here from my internet provider and only when questioned it turns out they claim they are from money supermarket and can save money on the last few remaining fibre lines in my area. Very persistent about trying to get your info and keep coming back. Beware!
Today is the 4th time they have called at my door. I have a very visible "NO COLD CALLERS" sign on the door. Two have admitted to seeing it and 2 have claimed not to have noticed it. They are pushy and keep talking anyway claining not to be selling anything. They are nothing but cockroaches. It is obvious that they have been trained to deliberately ignore the sign and call anyway.
Be careful they are now praying on people who are panicking about avro going bust and trying to get you to sign up to a fixed rate before we even know what the new rates are.
Knocked at my door saying that they were there to advise me on saving my on my energy. I asked them what they were selling and they claimed not to be selling anything, that they were in the area to provide advice. I asked them if they were some kind of government sponsored service and they had to admit they weren’t so I asked them again what they wanted. They got quite rude at this point so I shut the door on them.
SCAM! Came to my door suggesting they were there on behalf of British Gas. Felt very uncomfortable the whole way through - please be careful
The agent came unprompted, wore a high-visibility vest, claimed to be working on behalf of BT, said my neighbour Lindsey complained about fluctuating internet connection (I have no neighbour by that name) started asking questions about my Internet provider, how long I have been with them, how much I pay. Then I saw the lanyard around his neck: Money Expert, so I told him: "You are not with BT, are you?" and avoided his nosey questions. Very scammy.
Expected to be transferred in about 21 days, nothing happened and when I spoke to a person she said nothing can be done maybe I have bad credit!!! Did I want another tariff? Not with you if you cant be bothered to follow up. Thought you took the stress out of switching
great service and pretty knowledgeable staff. girl came round about broadband prices and reduced my sky bill down from £130 to £54
I am no longer interested. Agreeing to this in the first place was a mistake. I have been trying to contact you for cancellation. Just cancell the appointment.
Money Expert is rated 1.46 based on 57 reviews