MotoNovo Finance Reviews

of reviewers recommend MotoNovo Finance
Read MotoNovo Finance Reviews

Tell us how MotoNovo Finance made you happy
Motonovo screwed up my husbands Credit file despite bringing his account completely up to date 6 weeks ago and still reporting that his credit file is 4 payments in arrears. After a year not being able to work due to the pandemic he has just starting to get back to work only to have jobs pulled due to his credit file as he needs to be able to prove he can fund the work etc. Motonovo never informed him of any arrears and the DD was in place at the bank for them to take. He hasn't got out of bed now for last 4 days and I suspect suffering with the onset of Depression due to the loss of work - something he has never once displayed. MotoNovo you are a disgrace - he has posted comments on Trust Pilot and all you ever respond is with your usual response and when he forwards the relevant information you do nothing about it. DO NOT TAKE OUT FINANCE WITH THIS COMPANY - WE ALSO HAVE FINANCE WITH SANTANDER WHO HAVE BEEN EXCELLENT
2019 I purchased a vehicle on the forecourt for £12,995 at that time I had a vehicle that was on finance but not reliable so Motonovo said the £500 deficit from my old car would be put on the new car. This would bring the cost of the car to £13,495. No problem, monthly instalments are in my comfort zone, the garage personally tells me I have been given an excellent APR rate because they work very closely with MotoNovo, me being a little hoodwinked, I totally fall for it and didn't check the overall end figure until too late. Contacted MotoNovo around 25 days after because I was sorting through the vehicle maintenance paperwork and start to read the finance agreement, shocked to say the least that they split my finance into two separate loans on one account. Which brought the value of the car and the added £500 over the APR rate which wasn't excellent, it was 13%. Spoke to the most obnoxious customer service agent, who belittled me because I said the words "not sure I understand". Two years later, I have an early settlement figure of £11,000. Please check the fine print, don't trust the garage's word like I had and don't back down when you're not sure you've got the best deal. Certainly don't want this happening to someone else.
Like many millions affected by the pandemic Motonovo have been horrendous, they have knackered up my credit file even though I have paid out to get it back up to date - had no issues with Santander whatsoever with the exact same circumstances. Don’t touch Motonovo with a barge pole if you value your credit rating.
Don't touch this company they rip you off they will charge you even though it's not your fault and you have to fight to get the payments back how many don't. I had a car loan I would rather walk than have another loan with this company
I would not go near this company. Please avoid avoid !! Total rip-off
Approached the company for the Covid loan moratorium. They sent me endless questions and some absurd statements including '£12 on food pp per day is very high'. I sat with my head in my hands until lunch (which I didn't find particularly tasty). AVOID - if they can't honour a government-approved loan moratorium during the COVID pandemic you can imagine what tactics they would be conjuring up during normal times.
Absolutely a total rip off really bad company with no people skills at all . paved over £16000 over 60 month never ever missed a payment. didn’t realise it was 10% apr I phoned towards the end for maybe 50 pound knocking off the final payment no way they replied I’m not a moaner but thats shocking considering theve had about 3k interest avoid like the plague folks really bad outlet!!!!!! Don’t make the same mistake I did x 👌👍
Unprofessional staff that haven't got a clue how to speak to the general public.
Very bad experience with this company when lockdown was on never again will I borrow money from this company took out special insurance out when purchased the vehicle waste off time not happy
Horrible bullying company that wouldn’t help me when I’m out of work during a world pandemic as due to government restrictions I cannot work until being told to do so again yet motonovo couldn’t give two damns about this even though I told them the immense anxiety and effect it was having on my mental health. They told me they couldn’t give me a payment deferral even due to the lockdown and no fault of my own and I have had to hand the car back and I still owe them £3414 in arrears even though I have already paid them £8000 before the pandemic and the car only cost £9500 originally 5 years ago! Absolute con artists! So I have paid all this money into a car that I have now had to hand back and have pressured and preyed on me during this lockdown and I still owe them £3000 arrears after! I will be taking them to the ombudsman as they are dodgy crooks that prey on vulnerable people! Worst decision of my life and now I am car less too!
Absolute shocking behavior from this company. Don't go near them and my advice for people is to wait, save up and buy your car directly with your own saving. I will never in my life near them again, it's just a shame I didn't research them prior. I wish I can give them zero star Please avoid them at all costs very simple. In addition, the FCA needs to look into their interest charging practice.
Shocking, STRONGLY ADVISE AGAINST! BIGGEST REGRET IN MY LIFE; not interested once car sold, nice as pie when selling and then turn nasty when after support
Absolutely disgusted, I’m off work self employed on zero income again due to the covid pandemic and I asked for help for a payment break explaining my business has been forced to shut again I live alone can’t pay my bills yet I was told today they cannot offer me any further help and I have to surrender my car back to them! How is this legal and fair?! No empathy, cold hearted disgusting company!
Dont do it!! Awful services. Because of their mistake my credit score went down 150 points. Missed payment that never happend in 4 years. Always paid in time by DD. All they can say is sorry!!
Do not use this company! They have had my sisters car since august. She paid for an independent report at their request (£600) which showed there was a fault with the car that she didn’t cause (issue with the oil). Basically the fault was there at the time of purchase. They are refusing to fix. It will cost her £9,000 to fix now, plus £1000 cost for stripping the engine which was required when they did they report. she’s still been paying for a car finance, insurance and an alternative car for 5 months, costing thousands. She has lupus and this is making her extremely ill. She has her second baby next month and might not even have a car to get home from the hospital. Absolutely disgrace of a company. Should be ashamed.
Avoid at all cost, they will lend to anyone, even those with affordability issues, and then sting you when you get into trouble. Bought a Diesel VW Golf on finance from MVP Vehicle Solutions in Manchester with Motonovo being the financier. I was desperate for a car and couldnt get credit anywhere else. The car developed problems with turbo, DPF filter, no end of issues. Got no support at all. I was sick of the problems, I spoke to Motonovo constantly but they were no help. MVP Vehicle Solution then suddenly disappeared/went bankrupt. Cancelled the Direct Debit as I felt I'd been duped into buying a car with known issues. Then I lost my job and struggled with payments. 3 years later, the car is now showing as "Repossessed" on my credit file, and they are chasing me for essentially £8,000, for a car that would now be worth half of this!
BEWARE! I purchased a vehicle on MotoNovo H.P. on 27/06/2020. The car had 3 months warranty until 27/09/2020. On 14/10/2020 the engine management warning light came on and a local garage informed me that my car needed a new engine costing £10,000. I have had an inspection by an independent engineer which reports that the fault was present at the time of purchase and is a result of poor servicing during the life of the vehicle. MotoNovo commissioned a separate report which says that the fault is down to me. The car was under dealers warranty until 27/09/2020 and the fault became apparent 18 days later on 14/10/2020. The bottom crankshaft has extensive wear the bearings and turbo have failed and there is metal pieces from extensive metal fatigue throughout the engine. How can all this damage have occurred in 18 days doing less than 15 miles each day. I am a disabled person and have no access to any other vehicle. This company will do anything to make a profit at the expense of the customer. Independent garages mechanics and legal experts are flabbergasted by the brass neck of MotoNovo to renague on there responsibility. I have now to resort to the Insurance Ombudsman. I WOULD NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY AGAIN.
Was never in formed about the admin charge from the dealership when purchasing my car and when only taking a loan of £3,000 compared to people take out 5 times that you still pay the same admin fee at the begging and end of £149 so a total of £298 on top of you interest your paying back
If your payment day is on a Saturday Sunday or bank holiday Monday they will register a missed payment against your credit file even if the account is paid on the following working day This is to cost you more in getting credit which they will offer when other lenders refuse because motonovo have doctored you’re file
absolute rip off company, charged me vat on a vehicle the dealer said was not due vat. Even the sales invoice from garage makes clear no vat. Then of course are the ridiculous admin charges. Go to a bank and save yourselves a fortune, better still use a credit card with 2 years zero %.
MotoNovo Finance is rated 1.53 based on 80 reviews