Plumbworld Reviews

1.00 Rating 2 Reviews
0 %
of reviewers recommend Plumbworld
Visit Website

Phone:

01386 768078

Email:

james@plumbworld.co.uk

Write Your review

Tell us how Plumbworld made you happy
Help future customers by talking about customer service, price, delivery, returns & refunds.
Minimum 10 characters
Would you like to add a photos or videos?
Strengthen your review by uploading photos & videos.
Drag files here or browse
(Supported files: jpg, png, mpeg, ogg, mp4 & webm)
What's your name?
Leave this blank if you'd like to publish your review anonymously.
(Optional)
What's your email?
We need your email address to verify that your review is genuine
Anonymous
Anonymous  // 01/01/2019
This review was submitted to Plumbworld who discarded it without comment nor publication.

Anywhere that a ha'porth of tar could be saved, they did it!

Essentials Single Ended 1700mm Bathroom Suite -

I bought this suite on the basis of the good reviews. I'm not sure who wrote them, but it can't be anyone with experience.

The washbasin...
No information provided on drilling centres. Not the end of the world, but other manufacturers manage it. No warnings either that it will only accept a pop up waste. Tap is budget but can't complain about that as it does the job.

Toilet is OK but the seat supplied is horrid and snaps over a plastic plate which will be ideal for harbouring yuck over time. It also moves around. Water inlet is plastic which I suppose is typical these days.

Bath...
Now this REALLY takes the biscuit, I have never seen anything this bad before. It is so thin that you can see daylight through it. It has no bonded in wooden surround to allow the side panels to be fitted, nor any support arms to that non existent frame. Instead you get two pieces of steel and six Chinesium screws to attach them to the base chipboard. Then at each end of that, a conventional adjustable foot. No central support is provided either. Absolutely not adequate for support, again unlike anything else on the market in my experience. The waste flange was fine, for 70% of its circumference. The other 30% didn't exist, probably due to the thinness of the material. It was therefore impossible to get a seal without copious quantities of Plumber's Mait, not by any means the sort of job I like to do and very dodgy in an upstairs bathroom.

To sum up, Spending a little more would have saved me a lot of money and a lot of time trying to remedy the deficiencies therin. A complaint about the lack of a frame got the response:
(sic) "none if our baths have a frame supplied with them just the bolt on feet . The framework is usually built by the installer with wooden batons to provide extra stability under the rim of the bath and also to fit the side panels ."

In short, I wouldn't consider buying another, even at half the price. Once you have started installing, it is too late to consider the hassle of returning it, possibly why they ignore complaints. The fact that they suppress less than glowing reviews is also a worry. Never again will they get my business.
Posted 2 weeks ago
Placed order for 2 mirrors. tried to contact about delivery after having no response on delivery time 12 days later, waste of time - sales line answered after 3 minutes, after sales services placed in queue of 20 not answered after waiting 38 minutes. Tried live chat, left waiting for further 40 minutes until told I would be e-mailed later, after 5 days of messaging eventually found their supplier did not have the items ordered (website stated in stock!), got confirmation of refund but no refund after 8 days, had to contact again, still waiting for update - this company wants your money but doesn't care about getting you what you ordered, or if you have a problem - I have made many online purchases, and know when a company does not care, don't buy from Plumbworld.
Posted 7 months ago
Plumbworld is rated 1.00 based on 2 reviews