Property Care Association Reviews

Based on 182 reviews
2 - 3 Hours
Read Property Care Association Reviews

About Property Care Association:

The Property Care Association is the trade association representing building specialists to promote high standards of professionalism and expertise within the sectors represented through training, exams, qualifications and other support services.

andy@property-care.org

11 Ramsay Court, Hinchingbrooke Business Park
Huntingdon
PE29 6FY

Property Care Association 5 star review on 17th November 2023
Charles
Bryan
Don
A most informative course and of great value to anyone involved within the damp industry. Time well spent and surprisingly enjoyable!!
Where to start - what a long story you are in for. I enroled on an online course for timber infestation & treatment and damp investagation and was lead to believe that this would result in a qualification, it cost in excess of £600 for a 12 week course, (1 day per week on video based classroom learning based on zoom) and at the end of the course sat a short exam that I passed and was given a certificate of course completion, HOWEVER, this also stated on it that the certificate was not a qualification, merely a record that I had attended a course. I then had an email informing me that to get the qualification I would need to go to the PCA main office in Cambridge to sit an exam preparation course, (3 days long) to prepare me for the exam, this cost additional money to the tune of almost £1200, plus a 3 day stay in a travel lodge on top. Upon completing the exam preparation course I was then told that the exams were in 8 weeks time and if I wanted to book the exams they would cost an additional £1200 or so and would take 2 more days. The tests were all far too long for the allotted time, both exams were 3 hours long and the health and safety exam was again, 3 hours long and compulsory. These were impossible to complete fully in the given time to a good and detailed standard, I failed my first exam by 2% and on my second exam I ran out of time and was unable to answer the last 8 or so questions at all, and came out with a fail. I did however pass the health and safety exam and had done no revision for this at all. I would suggest that the tests are broken down into shorter tests to allow the people taking them time to relax for 10 minutes or have a drink/comfort break between sections A and B. The questions in the exams were also in my opinion too difficult and placed far too much emphasis on the Latin names for insects and mold rather than actually fixing the issue, (by the way, almost all of the molds and insect infestations have the same treatment so being able to give the Latin name of a fungus seems a moot point if you are about to poison the timber anyway to kill it off, or remove it and replace it entirely - that is the answer for 80% of the exam in one sentence by the way), I am aware that you have a standard to uphold but the actual tests were far too difficult, (look at your re-sit figures, I bet they are a rather high percentage) and this feels like a cash grab - just my opinion. After the written exams there were practical exams where you had to identify all the different woodworms and molds that you may find in UK homes and give the Latin names and the common names of each and correctly identify each type. I was then contacted by the PCA and offered a re-sit for the 2 failed exams for a special price of only £900. If you really need the PCA accreditation then you have to do this, otherwise, I would tell people to steer well clear of this sh*t show of a company. I am a general builder and have been for the last 6 years, I have a CISCO IT and networking degree, a NVQ 2 in plumbing, a part-P electrical certificate and have been in the building industry for over 15 years in various trades so am fairly clued up on all this - I am not an idiot, just a guy who has been strung along by the PCA.
Excellent structure of lectures and informative manner of teaching also .
It was a pleasure to be taught by John Dee. The classroom was nice and relaxed, and I would seriously consider using the PCA's courses for future training.
Very informative
The course was very well delivered very good facilities.
Very informative presentation by a well informed surveyor.
Thank you for taking the time to leave such great comments - and for the 5 stars too!
Excellent webinair.
Thank you for leaving a review - and for the 5-stars too!
The Property Care Association was a pleasure to deal with. Very prompt at answering enquiries and keeping us updated throughout the process.
Many thanks for taking the time to leave a great review and for the 5-stars too!
The pca is an amazing organisation it’s a university to say the least your being educated by experts it’s second to none I will most definitely be going back to do more courses they’re very nice people too easy to get along with and a good laugh thanks pca 👍
Thank you for the very kind comments Jonathan, so pleased the training was of huge value - and thanks for the 5-star review too!
Very good and informative.
Pleased the training was beneficial and thanks for the 5-star review too!
Great honest association who treat their members fairly.
Thank you for the kind comments Ross and for the 5-star review too!
Very informative, they really know their onions and make their damp proofing knowledge easy to take in. Information is clear and precise.
Thank you for the kind comments Chris and for the 5-star review too, much appreciated.
Very well organised and surprisingly enjoyable. Would definitely recommend
Really pleased the training was enjoyable - and thank you for the 5-star review too!
A professional organization providing recognized qualifications that can further your career.
Thanks for such great feedback and for the 5-star review too!
The training is very detailed and specific to the needs of the trainees. I feel very confident after attending the training. The CSDB qualification is a recognised qualification and has helped me secure work.
Thank you for the 5 stars and for taking the time to submit a review - really pleased the training was of great benefit.
Very good lunch was good, facilities good considering covid regulations in place currently
Really appreciate the feedback and for taking the time to leave a review.
Excellent content and engaging presentation
Hi Max, thanks for the 5-star review! Glad to see that you enjoyed our webinar and found it insightful.
A representative from my company found the preparation course well run due to the trainer being very personable and engaging. However, it is very clear that what was taught in the course and exam preparation day did not correspond to the exam as, with their revision focusing completely on the taught techniques and syllabus on how to pass the exam, they had failed and by a huge margin. It is therefore clear that whatever was taught in the exam preparation course does not correspond at all to the exam and this has been marked differently. Given the marks were also given as a percentage, there must not be consistency here.
Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Following our conversation, we understand you are disappointed to learn that your candidate failed his exam, however, all of our exam preparation courses and subsequent exam marking follows a very robust process. This process is reviewed on an ongoing basis and we can ensure you that all of our trainers and examiners are experienced professionals within the industry. All papers are blind marked by two markers, the marks they submit to the chief examiner are then moderated to provide us with each candidates final result. After every exam we are required to supply the Awarding Body for the Built Environment (ABBE) a sample of the papers (of their choosing) to audit this process. If you would like to discuss this further, please do give us a call on 01480 400000 and speak to our training team manager Jade. Alternatively, if you want to email Jade directly, you can reach her at jade@property-care.org. Kind regards, PCA Team.
I booked 2 courses but will not be able to do them due to our current workload. I was surprised to see that there is £100 "admin" fee for each cancellation even though they are still a long way off so should be able to be filled by someone else. I suppose its all in the small print!
Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review. With regards to the administration fee we charged you following your cancellation for training and exams this month, as a not-for-profit organisation it is very difficult to waiver these costs so close to the date itself. We do try to make the cancellation policy clear on the Terms & Conditions, and as a goodwill gesture, the training team did manage to reduce the cost down as much as they could to help cover overall costs for running the training. We do appreciate this may not have been the full amount, but we are more than happy to talk this over. If you would like to discuss this further, please do give us a call on 01480 400000 and speak to our training team manager Jade. Alternatively, if you want to email Jade directly, you can reach her at jade@property-care.org. Many thanks again for talking the time to give us your feedback… kind regards, PCA Team.
Property Care Association is rated 4.7 based on 182 reviews