Richer Sounds - York Reviews

97% of reviewers recommend Richer Sounds - York

How would you rate Richer Sounds - York ?

"Absolutely first class service. Recently I went to another Richer Sounds but to be honest did not have a great experience. Without dwelling on it too much I got the impression that I was not really wanted in the shop. Half way through asking for advice the salesman left me and went to another couple who wanted a TV and just left me stood there. This went on for some time until I complained and then he sent someone else to me. He also did not seem like he was interested. I asked how the the other couple took precedence over me and I was told that I had been there too long. I had been in the shop for 1 1/2 hours but I explained that I would be making a purchase but did not want to buy the wrong item - I wanted to be happy with my purchase. When I left I actually apologised for taking so long. It wasn't until I got in my car that I thought to myself - what am I doing apologising - he should have apologised for the their service (or rather lack of) Anyway. I then went to Richer Sounds (York) and was met by Joe. Within minutes the experience was totally different. He listened to what I was looking for then took me to the demo room to show me some speakers, amps etc. Everything that he did was above and beyond what I expected and the service was impeccable. Full credit to him. There were so many different things that he did that I would be writing for an hour to list them all but needless to say I am very happy. It was just all the little things that he did that amounted to an overall great experience. His friendly manner coupled with his great knowledge and eagerness to make sure the customer left with exactly what they wanted was fantastic. Even when I had got home he was still on the other end of the phone giving 'set up advice' and sourcing manuals etc Well done Richer Sounds (York) - you are now my go to shop for my audio and visual requirements."
"Recently purchased a LG 910V TV from Richer sounds but only just got round to trying recordings on to a USB memory stick. No problems recording but unable to fathom out how to delete recordings! Instruction booklet did not help and no success via YouTube. Telephoned two other branches one of which is the one purchased from and everyone 'scratching their heads' and unable to provide an answer. In desperation rang York branch posing the same question. It was a very polite and extremely helpful young chap called Joe who answered the call and he too did not know the answer. However, he troubled himself to look up on the internet himself and found the answer there and then. Very impressed by his helpful approach and appreciated this so much. Very well done Joe and thank you!"
recommend to your friends yes
"Great shop very helpful staff. Would recommend"
recommend to your friends yes
"Hi, all my main Audio and Visual Equipment and some accessories have come from this branch in York over the last two years. I cannot speak more highly of the Staff and the technical expertise within their qualifications. Some of the original members have moved on to higher positions at other branches, but all the new staff I have encountered are equally professional and knowledgeable within their job positions. Well done Richer Sounds York"
recommend to your friends yes
"You staff explained all the difficult technicalities to help me achieve a suitable purchase. Matched a lower price and still included delivery. First class"
recommend to your friends yes
"Used the Edinburgh shop to ask lots of questions about a new turntable set-up and got some good advice. Local York shop rang me back with availability and the service was equally good from Gavin when we went in to pick everything up. Definitely recommended."
recommend to your friends yes
"When in York, I always have to pay a visit to see what's what (despite my wife's concerns). On occasions when I have made purchase, e info and attention provided has been excellent."
recommend to your friends yes
"Customer service was very good"
recommend to your friends yes
"LG smart TV - cheapest uk price - great TV Superbly knowledgeable and helpful staff. Best choice for any hi-fi or entertainment systems in the UK - a great British success story. Been buying music hi-fi equipment from Richer Sounds since they started upb- Julian Richer got the right formula from day one, and improves it year-on-year. Number 1 as fas as I'm concerned. Great staff.... York store staff are excellent - friendly and knowledgeable. Five stars."
recommend to your friends yes
"Bought a SONY KDL150W656 50 inch. Superb price, superb telly and best price that I could find. I was in and out of the shop in 10 minutes. PS. Also came with free 5 year warranty which I checked would have been an extra £200 anywhere else. So overall very happy and just getting ready for the World Cup"
recommend to your friends yes
"Rang and ordered Television went to collect. Helpful staff excellent price."
recommend to your friends yes
"Purchased a Samsung UE32F5000 LED TV which was on offer at just under £200. Very pleased with the set which was reserved over the phone and was waiting for me when I went to pick it up a couple of days later."
recommend to your friends no
"Having only just bought a TV from you guys at £699 on 10th May 2014- you have now sent me an email offering me a £50 discount on any TV for £699 or over ! Not a great way to build customer loyalty Steve"
recommend to your friends yes
"The staff were very accommodating and friendly and were very helpful and patient.Nothing was too much trouble.They took the time to explain everything down to the last detail."
recommend to your friends yes
"Our first experience with "richer sounds" was on line I found their web site easy to follow and again informative.We were looking for a smart tv and called in to their York store where we found the staff extremely helpful without being "pushy".It was 5,15pm on a Friday teatime when we made our purchase and we had to go and get our car from the car park and the traffic was horrendous.However the sales assistant assurred us not to worry and if we did'nt make it back before the store closed at 6.oopm that he would wait for us to get there.This he did and brought our tv out to the car and gave us directions on how to get out of the city centre!I would certainly recommend "richer sounds" it reminded me of how stores used to be."
recommend to your friends yes
"Excellent service,polite Knowledgable staff although the store was very difficult to find the staff more than made up for this with there helpful assistance once in the shop.My shop purchase of a 50 inch TV was carried to my car and expertly loaded in They made the experience stressfree Thank you My grand daughter was given a lolly so she was also happy.I will definitely return in the near future."
recommend to your friends yes
"Unfortunately I choose a TV that did not fit my needs, I wanted one that I could use my cordless headphones and at the same time others in the room could listen to the TV. I asked for Sony but when I came to use it I found only one the other can be played at once. This is when Richer Sounds proved they are the best place to buy your TV from they exchanged it for a Panasonic no problem. And all that & a 5 years Guarantee Why go anywhere else.."
recommend to your friends yes
"The staff were very helpful and we are very pleased with the Panasonic TV that we bought"
recommend to your friends yes
"Had an Idea of what I wanted, my daughter recommended the store, so we called in to check it out and I'am glad we did. After talking with Kevin (KB013) (who is not listed on there staff list) I made my purchase and collected it later that afternoon from the store."
recommend to your friends yes
"I've now bought three items from Richer Sounds and each time the service and knowledge are second to none. I'd certainly recommend them"
Richer Sounds - York is rated 4.67 based on 30 reviews