ROAV Reviews

of reviewers recommend ROAV
Email, Live Chat
Read ROAV Reviews
Unique design and very sturdy.
The sunglasses are great and compact. There’s no smaller pair of sunglasses available and they are also very sturdy. Do note that these are not on par with professional sport sunglasses and don’t block the sun from all sides. They are flat glasses so some glare and sun will get in your eyes from the side, but they are much easier to bring with you than curved glasses
I'm not a very outdoorsy person, so sunglasses tend to be an afterthought. I keep a pair of these in my laptop bag for work, so that whenever I need them they're there, and when I don't need them, they're not taking up valuable space. They're also great on vacation to slip into a pants pocket when you're trying to not carry a bunch of bags everywhere with you that scream, "I'm a tourist! Steal my stuff!"
Style: Echo (Black) In short: These are phenomenal - do yourself a favor and buy a pair! For years I'd been dreaming of sunglasses that I could put in my pocket worry-free, and a few months ago I decided I'd search the internet until I found such a thing. That's how I came across ROAV. Don't worry about the "flat lens" some people comment on. Yes, the lens is flat, but it doesn't make a difference. Occasionally I do see a very slight reflection of what's behind me in the outer lens corner, but it's not noticeable enough to be annoying - I actually think it's kind of cool. Everything about these is high quality, as advertised. Everyone I show these too thinks they're amazing and wants a pair. So...why 4 stars? After about 1 month, the polarization film began to peel / air bubble. It got bad, fast (I'd add a picture, but that isn't allowed here). I contacted ROAV who said I could send them in for repair/replacement. The glasses were delivered to ROAV on Thursday and I was notified the following Thursday that my replacement had shipped (so 5 business day turnaround). I'm hoping that this was a one-off issue and my new pair will be fine for years to come. I think the Echo may be a newer style so perhaps they've yet to work out the kinks? If it happens again, I'll ask ROAV about this, and if I'm correct I'll request a more tried-n-true model as a replacement and will update here accordingly (if possible). I may have actually given 5 stars despite this problem (with the assumption that the new pair would not encounter the same fate), but I was a bit disappointed that ROAV initially expected me to pay for the return shipping: they simply provided a return address and said to include a note that my package was for return/replacement. I then asked: "Thanks, but does ROAV not provide a shipping label for cases involving manufacturer defects? I mean, it's been a month, and the polarization layer is already peeling off...for a $175 pair of glasses..." ...and they responded with a prepaid return shipping label 😄. Much better, but when a product is almost certainly defective, the customer should not need to ask for this. Especially since ROAV doesn't have physical stores, so I didn't have the option of bringing them in myself. Anyways, thank you ROAV for the amazing sunglasses and sending out a replacement. This should be seen as an extremely positive review, with only a minor piece of negative feedback.
So far we are enjoying our new glasses! In fact, we recommended them to a friend who already purchased some as well.
I love the low profile glasses that I got. My only complaint is they don’t clean up super easy just because there are some many nooks and crannies.
This is my first impression as i just got them this day (seen/had them for 5 hours) The packaging was nice and the sunglasses looks like good quality Dont know if im a fan of the rubber “case” and i disent want to put out another 30$ dor the leather one. Maybe just make that standar for the price tou have. Im going to leave another review after aome time. And see id they endore my recklessness. This is a norwegian review Mhv Ingve Bøe
Great concept, so close to perfection.... The ROAV shades are exceptionally well built. They also defy expectation, as you pull them out of the pouch your brain can't compute how light they really are-- Superlight. The metal is excellent quality and although razor-thin, still, somehow, feels strong and sturdy. The one drawback these shades have is a pretty nasty glare issue INSIDE the lens. Let me clarify, this isn't glare coming from outside into the lens, the lenses are excellent at cutting that glare, this is a reflection of light on the inside of the lens, specifically when you are in a car or somewhere in close proximity to bright reflective things in your immediate periphery. This is a minor issue and not a dealbreaker whatsoever. The glasses and lenses are wonderful, but the close proximity peripheral reflection issue means they aren't suitable for driving. Great shades to have in your pocket to go to the movies, play on the beach etc. But if you are going to be behind the wheel, use a different set of shades. OVERALL: really good glasses, lightweight, travel perfectly, great for most non-driving activities.
nice and cool
Lightweight and travel friendly
I bought these as a gift for my husband, they look great and are so lightweight! However, I needed to get subscription lenses put in them, and that was process through a third party website was a total nightmare (lensabl), i think because of the design of the sunglasses being so thin, it was difficult for the third party to make the prescription lenses fit right and they kept popping out. I would highly recommend these for NON prescription use though, I plan to buy my sister a pair to keep in her pocket when she is skiing and wear during lunch/apres ski!
Let me start with a quick statement: ROAV Eyewear are the best sunglasses I have ever had and will probably have as well. As a collector (and big enthusiast and user) of sunglasses to the point that I have currently 25 different pairs, ROAV is the only one that I take everywhere due to their portability. I love how easy is to go out the whole day AND night without having to take care of your sunglasses at 10pm in the club where they are pretty much not required anymore. The portability is everything and these guys know it. The only reason why I'm giving a Good and not a Very Good is because my head is quite big (I'm 6'6'') and their biggest pair are slightly small compared to the biggest Aviators you can find from other brands. Still, this is the best investment I have done in sunglasses since I was born. ROAV Eyewear rocks!
Really like them, just a shame the rubber piece on the nose fell
Love the glasses! It’s so compact that it’s with me all the time in my pocket whenever I need it.
Solid pair of glasses- feels great
ROAV shades are stylish, sturdy and compact. I love them!
Excellent glasses. Bought 2 at arts & crafts fair in Pasadena, Ca. So far so good.
I like everything about it but the size of the frame was too small for my face.
I love that they are small enough to go into a clutch handbag.
Love how cute and convenient they are!
ROAV is rated 4.79 based on 632 reviews