Sixty and Me Reviews

Read Sixty and Me Reviews

info@sixtyandme.com

Baarermattstrasse 19

Tell us how Sixty and Me made you happy
Some thought provocking articles with interesting opinions, I always enjoy reading them and often use them as discussion points with my friends
Hello Margaret,
I love your articles ...look forward to receiving your newsletter and open it right away! I live in a very rural area ....with poor internet service; so only get to view your great videos when I travel. I did purchase your yoga CD's and really enjoy them....it is my first go at yoga at age 64. Please keep up the great work you do!
Sincerely,
Nannette Van Dyke-McDonald, Ph.D
i really look forward to my sixty and me emails and all the topics that are covered and issues that come up. it is a very positive
Find articles really interesting and thought provoking. Quite inspiring.
I love the newsletter and some of the videos. I like most of the topics that Margaret tackles and I find them interesting and often instructive. I enjoy the occasional chat with other women on the site.

I think politics are avoided and I understand that but I am very political!

Finally, keep on doing what you are doing Margaret.

Cherril Cliff
I usually stop the video's because there is too much talking & not enough useful information. The topics are good but afterwards I feel like they weren't all that informative.
There are excellent articles on a diverse range of topics. Comments come from all over the world from the sixty and me community which connects women and helps them see they aren't the only ones with a particular issue in their lives.
I find this site very informative
I thoroughly enjoy reading " Sixty and me",it gives a great selection of topics,firstly topics that are very relevent to our age group,secondly, advice on health issues,and also to cover everything from being more assertive and confident to make up and dress tips,lonliness,depression,weight issues and dating.
I`ve noticed on some feedback that there are some very negative people out there that would criticise, and i noticed Margaret responds in an unpatronising matter,even though we all know someone of that ilk who would disagree if they were given a million Pounds.
Its good that we share ideas and opinions,to some people it may be the only communication they have.The only articles i disgard ,are those for single people as i`m still very lucky to be a very happily married woman.
A big thumbs up to Margaret and long may it produce interesting,funny,poinient subjects.
Sixty and Me is one of the few websites for women over sixty which cover some fashion which is what interests me the most. But there is not enough coverage on Sixty and Me and there are skimpy referrals to other sites, although you hit a good one referring readers to the Accidental Icon.
How does the older woman look good in clothing, what styles to choose for body type, what colors are suitable for various complexions, how to choose stylish makeup (without mascara or false eyelashes) and wear it without looking like an elderly clown, best styles of summer hats, suitable handbags that don't do damage to the shoulders, how to get a good haircut are all subjects of interest. Also, how to choose clothing for the mature woman when the models displaying the clothes in magazines, catalogs, websites are all young and slender.
Consider some ideas how to look stylish:
- using a cane
- wearing orthopedic shoes or other non-stylish therapeutic footwear
- using a walker
- wearing a bathing suit
- after chemotherapy
- going to the gym
Also style is in the walk, the posture, when entering into a crowded room of strangers, a family reunion or holiday party. How does that look? How can the older woman make an entrance, be noticed, be appreciated? It's not helpful to write about fashion and not show images as examples. Some good videos (free) of older women moving well in clothes and photographs of women modeling the clothes, makeup, hats, bathing suits etc. would be best. Good referrals to other websites are always appreciated.
Hope you find my opinions useful. Thank you for a your website.
I was pleasantly surprised by not only the newsletter/blog but by Face Book pages for Sixty & Me. Great articles that truly pertain to our issues and love the videos. They have touched on subjects that are questions we all have. I steered a friend to this site and she was excited to sign up. That in itself if a huge testament because she never, ever signs up for newsletters, etc.. So glad I found it!!
I very much appreciate Sixty & Me. I love reading Margaret's introduction & personal thoughts about the topics she raises, then she extends the invitation to the community to share their thoughts as well. She presents herself as very much on the same playing field as we are....e.g. not the 'director' or the 'moderator.'
Sometimes the instructional videos are a bit cheesy and seem unrehearsed or ad lib. For example any woman over 60 who wears make-up knows how to apply it the way she wants it, or she doesn't wear make-up at all. The make-up videos seem rather childish and irrelevant. Also there are too many "umm's, uh...'s --in the women's video dialogues...also the health & fitness videos also seem very "dumbed down."
I am soooooo glad I found Sixty & Me! Margaret is fabulous.
I love Sixty and Me and have great admiration for Margaret Manning. She has great insight into the needs of older women--and wow, we have a lot of them! She combats our sense of isolation and delivers practical information that we can apply to our everyday lives. This web site has changed my life for the better!
The articles and videos provide vital information on topics that are beneficial to enhance the lifestyle of woman sixty, seventy and older who wish to continue with an active life, maintain both physical and mental health, and learn ways in which to expand their friend base with suggestions for activities for them to thrive to remain young while being able to ignore the passage of time.
I love, love, love all of it!
The topics written about are extremely relevant for women in the 60 plus generation. We lived our lives differently from our parents generation & we've had different expectations for our lives, no matter what path any of us choose. Now we face the remaining years of our lives and there are subjects that need to be discussed in an open forum, which Sixty & Me provides. I enjoy reading the articles and some have pertained to me more than others, but knowing there is a base support system with useful information is wonderful!
I truly do appreciate the articles, interviews and information Sixty and Me gives. I learn all sorts of things I'd never thought of, things I should try, know I'm no alone on some issues and armchair travel, which I love!
I love 60 & Me! I recommend it to my friends all the time. I especially love the Gentle Yoga videos and have bought the Chair Yoga for my Mom. I have practiced several times a week now for months with these videos. (Maybe a sequel is in order???)
I enjoy all the articles and learning from others. I look forward to receiving the email and links to stories. Great information that I have shared with others. Thank you.
I look forward to and appreciate getting the 60 and me newsletter so much. I am 69 years old, and the articles, and videos are so informational and relate to many aspects of my life. Keep up the great work!
Sixty and Me is rated 4.72 based on 231 reviews