Standout Books Reviews

of reviewers recommend Standout Books
Read Standout Books Reviews

About Standout Books:

Standout Books is an author services company serving independent authors and publishers across the world. All of our editorial, publishing and marketing services are designed to embrace and make the most of the tidal wave of technology currently sweeping over the publishing industry.

(855) 642-1063

hello@standoutbooks.com

Tell us how Standout Books made you happy
Fred came up with a blurb for my romance novel within one day. The result was a crisp, alluring blurb that whetted the appetite.
Standout Books took the dream of publishing my first middle-grade reader and made it a reality. The service provided by Alex Hemus has been outstanding. The business knowledge, technical support, and advice provided by Standout has made the process exciting and fulfilling. "Maddie Makes a Movie" looks fantastic. Thank you Standout Books. Your service has been invaluable.
The blurb writing service that I received from Standout Books was simply great though a little costly. I had checked out several websites that provide the blurb writing service but could not find anything like this as they provide several rounds of blurb revisions which was extremely helpful. Also very few sites are there that provide a special blurb writing service and from these Standout Books really stands out. Another thing that I liked about them was a quick and timely response. I hate when I dont receive email responses within 1 day. But with Standout Books that was never an issue. I strongly recommend this blurb writing service if you want to have a sharpened professional blurb that's extremely important in book marketing.
It was an amazing experience working with Standout Books. Fred Johnson was my editor and he was brilliant. He answered all my questions with clear explanations. I found all his suggestions and comments very helpful. At some point, I felt like I was with a writing coach. I highly recommend Standout Books!
I put off redoing my website for months because it seemed like such a mammoth task. After shopping around, I contacted Standout Books, and within days they'd assessed my site, and set up a time for a phone consultation. Alex made the process of constructing my new website SO easy, and I am thrilled to bits with the result. After an in-depth call to listen to what I wanted, he put together a site that showcases my books in a visual, uncluttered way, and encourages subscription to my newsletter. Once the draft website was complete, we went through page by page to get everything just so. After publishing the new site, Alex called again to take me through how to update and care for my website. Learning how to operate WordPress really wasn't that difficult (yay!), and I like that I'll be able to maintain my website independently. Overall, my experience with Standout Books website design was outstanding. I highly recommend!
I have hired more than one person/group to do websites for me. This is a great price for the product. And the product is absolutely as professional as it gets. You might be able to get it cheaper, you can definitely pay more, but they stay with you through limitless changes until they get it just the way you want. I strongly recommend you get your website here. Alex was great!
For the first time in my life I have deeply enjoyed my editing experience. Bronwyn loves what she is doing and she edits with love. From the very first moment I felt that she cared about me and about my book. Her comments are precious, and she has a way of explaining my mistakes and her suggestions that is very clear and respectful. She will never make you feel stupid and ashamed of your mistakes. Instead, she will inspire you to write and to get creative. Thank you so much, dear Bronwyn! You are awesome and you did an excellent job!
She's a boost. A muse. In short, her work on my own writing is everything from educational to inspirational. My wife jokes that it takes one to two years to get to know me, so when I click with an individual from an initial consultation, I want to shout from the rooftop. From her first E-mail to the returned edited manuscript, I've felt nothing but comfort that my work is in the right hands. Rebecca is professional, thorough, friendly, and by all the stars Ñ she **knows** her editing. I would have paid double.
I appreciated the attention to detail, and the ability to communicate and manage my expectations. The result exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend Standout Books editing services.
My self-confidence had sunk pretty low, and I was close to giving up, by the time I reached out to Standout for help. Alex listened to (and took seriously) my every word. He assessed my editorial needs and found me the perfect new editor/consultant. Ms. Duke has been fabulous. She really pays attention, and I feel she understands my underlying concerns. She's experienced, smart, articulate - and amazingly easy to deal with. A supportive and comfortable fit, in other words. A partnership of equals. I'm so glad I sent that first Email.
It was by sheer luck that I found Standout Books and Alex Hemus to format my book that contained six different fonts and design my author website. I'd become discouraged when I spoke to someone who'd told me there was no way to format my book that would allow readers to see the different fonts. Alex, on the other hand, took my panicked email in stride and formatted my novel, not just once but two times, so both printed and eBook fonts worked well. When it was time to work on my website, Alex listened to all my ideas and offered many suggestions to make my website outstanding. It was exciting to check my website each morning and find the changes that Alex and I had corresponded about the day prior. Being in the USA, I was concerned about working around our time zones, but it was never an issue, and I always felt well informed through email. When I looked at my completed website, it was so beautiful I honestly had tears in my eyes. It's the site I've always dreamed of having. Alex had even taken it upon himself to add music to the book playlist so my readers could hear the songs that brought my story to life. Thank you, Alex and Standout Books for the wonderful job you did with my book and website. It was a pleasure to work with such a professional, caring person and company. I'd highly recommend Standout Books to all my fellow authors. Sincerely, Suzanne Nemec Crossing All Boundaries
Paige was a truly professional editor with microscopic eyes. She finished within the time projected and maintained effective communication throughout the process. I feel 100% more confident in the quality of my manuscript after her review. Also, the staff at Standout Books have been most helpful. They answered my numerous questions completely and honestly. I highly recommend Standout Books and Paige to any indie writers seeking help with their manuscript.
My editor was Fred Johnson and he did an outstanding job editing my book. I was very impressed. He was extremely thorough, and he caught inconsistencies that nobody else had noticed. His suggestions really helped tighten up the writing and make the meaning clearer. The turnaround was very fast as well. Highly recommend.
This is a great product in itself but Robert's delivery was brilliant. First, he adequately demonstrated that he did pre-read my material which should care. He is a good listener. I left the meeting with a clear idea of what I need to do next and also felt confident that I had the right partner to help me deliver my book. To crown it all, I was blown by the level of detail in Robert's consultation notes. Amazing service and I highly recommend anyone with an idea for a book to have a chat with Robert. Money well spent? Absolutely. And I am an accountant!
I have been working with Alex on both the print and ebook formatting for my manuscript. I am not the easiest person to work with and am very picky when it comes to the details. Alex and Standout Books have been patient with me throughout the process and have provided nothing less than EXCELLENT customer service. I will be recommending them any time I have the opportunity. If you are shopping around for different services and looking at reviews, stop now. You will not find a better experience for the price. Thanks Alex!
I am so glad I came accross Standout Books to build my author website. I could not believe that the owner responded to a question I asked before I signed a contract to build my cutom site. I knew I would be working with a professional team and someone I could trust. Alex worked with me all the way through the process and made great suggestions and ideas. No rush to get exactly what you want on your site. I have a beautiful website that is not a template and is built for my personality and my book. You are at the right place to get your author site built today and stop the search. Their program is simple and they will take you by the hand and get your message delivered.
Right from when we first contacted Alex at Standout Books, we felt really happy about working with this company. They have been incredibly patient, efficient and helpful. We were nervous about working with an editor but Rob has been so supportive and encouraging from start to finish, we've gained confidence in our books and bettered ourselves as writers as a result. We budgeted for a copyedit, blurb and conversion on our first two books and Rob's input has improved our work no end. He went above and beyond for us and we're now thoroughly looking forward to doing a full comprehensive edit with him on our third book. Rob embodies the passion for writing that writers like us need to help bring our best work to fruition.
Alex and the entire Standout Books team is phenomenal to work with. The turnaround time was exceptional and their ability to listen to their customers is often a very important aspect to consider for writers. I highly recommend using Standout Books to complete ebook formatting, editing services, and cover design assistance. They made my experience comfortable and pleasant.
Writing has always been a passion and dream of mine. I began writing regularly about 6 months ago, however I knew I needed guidance. I've been working with Robert Wood for about 6 weeks, and I am learning so much. His notes and edits help me to get unstuck. Each week I learn more. I'm so grateful for the insight and I highly recommend Standout Books.
This service is very professional, responsive, efficient, creative, helpful, knowledgeable, and worth every penny. You want Alex in your corner if you're a self-published author!
Standout Books is rated 5.00 based on 91 reviews