starling bank Reviews

of reviewers recommend starling bank

Tell us how starling bank made you happy
This bank is the worst bank in the UK. They claim to be a business bank. They aren't ! Starling turned a routine business to business wire transfer and created a nightmare . They refused to credit the customer or return the funds to sender even under recall notice. Their lack of consideration and efforts to resolve any questions or issues only accentuated their distain for customers , violation of uk bank regulations( failure to give written notice ) and underscored their rank amateurism and unprofessionalism in dealing with international business . Their inaction lead to tarnished reputations for non performance and hundreds of thousands of dollars in penalties and legal costs because the company's couldn't complete their contractural obligation . Do not use this bank. Run Away.
We decided we wanted to take advantage of Business Switch offered by NatWest bank. My wife and I have had a partnership business account with them for 25 years, however a number of banks offered us £1500 to switch accounts to them. We decided on the offer from Starling Bank and we were sent emails from Starling Bank to complete the Banking Switch. I spent time doing the research and filling in online forms. However when it came to opening an account with Starling it was puzzling as to how to go about it. After spending half an hour waiting for someone at Starling to answer the phone, I was extremely surprised to hear that I could not finish the application as Starling; 'does not accept multiple people on a sole trader account'. It’s a partnership! There is nothing unusual about that. There are thousands of such set ups. I can’t understand why this is a problem for Starling Bank. This is utterly bazaar. Are they a real Bank? They should at least have made it clear that a simple typical partnership business was beyond their capacity when offering business accounts with the Banking Switch.
Ever had to sue a bank to get access to your own funds? Me neither until i banked with Starling. Absolutely atrocious. Cue their hollow response...
starling bank is rated 3.22 based on 9 reviews